Selby Jennings Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2017

2.0

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Sit down with multiple managers and directors from other internal brands to determine a good fit within the company. Normally starts with being shown the offices and then sitting in a small meeting room at the back of the sales floor. It is all about your background, where you want to be and why you want to be there.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be?
      What do you want to achieve?
      What sector would you like to be in?
      Why recruitment?   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Just mention money, how you love money, willing to do anything for money. Etc. You then have to do a phone assessment. For this I had 5 redbulls beforehand so was very jumpy and loud - that's what they love. Just go for it and speak loud.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with money?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

I had eight interviews in total. No real preparation necessary. YOu basically have to say that you a hardworking sales person who is solely motivated by money and forgets everything else. That´s basically what they look for. Phone interview first, then you will be there half a day to talk to six people. Be prepared that they will challenge you. Why do you add value ? What are your key skills ? Why do you want to do this ? If you are sure you want the job, you may be good. If you are not sure or are not the right person, they will know, as it is their job to know as recruiters. What all these recruiters have in common from my point of view is that they wanna eran as much money as quickly as possible. Decided yourself whether you want to work in such an environment. HAs benefits and drawbacks, as everything has.

Interview Questions

• They might give you scenarios on which you have to face decisions. Just get to know how the job will look like in advance and you will be fine. They for instance asked me what I would do in the following: Consider two client companies, A and B. A would like o work with a person, this person loves the company as well and Selby would get 10k commission. Another company B would work with him as well, but the person is not particularly excited about the job. However, Selby would get 20k for the placement. What woul you do ? (I argued that I go for 10 for long term relkation, good consulting reutation, I guess they wanna hear go for 20 and basically lie to the candidate, jabbering somethink like "maybe you will like it, it´s a better chance, matches your skills better...whatsoever.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Group interview based around demonstrating confidence/people skills/ability to sell, as you might expect from a recruitment company. A few different tasks to take on solo/in teams, with short amount of time to present to the rest of the group. There was 10 people in my interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked to pick names of animals out of a hat, and given 2mins to prepare to "sell" that animal for a job position.   1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

At the assessment stage (around 11 of you) have to fill out a sheet, which is basically your cv, and then a sheet at the back asks for referrals of names, numbers and email addresses of friends that you think would be good at the job....SCAM!

Then you get in to pairs and you have to sell your partner to the interviewer.
    Then in groups you have to sell a product.
    They you are told to look at the cheques on wall with employees earnings on - very cringey!

You are not there long at all, I had travelled a long distance - complete waste of time and money - they do not pay expenses.

Mickey mouse system basicall not like big professional companies such as BARCAP or KPMG etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go in to recruitment?
      Why do you think you will be good?
      Everyday is like having a driving test, there is so mch pressure and stress could you handle it?   Answer Question