Selby Jennings Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Selby Jennings Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Selby Jennings

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied to Phaidon International, contacted by a recruiter in the UK for a position in New York. One long phone interview followed by two in person interviews. After the first in person interview, I was brought back for a few hours to make some calls. I was talking to actual people and prospective clients. It went very smoothly, most candidates are easy and willing to talk to. You are looking to get information out of the candidates and for the most part they were friendly and willing to share. Thought I would walk out of there with an offer but was contacted after saying otherwise. Everyone in the office I met was British, and pretty friendly. Had I been given an offer I would have taken it if the base salary was higher. Overall not a terrible experience, but always seems to be when you have multiple interviews and no offer!

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Why do you want a role in sales, why Selby Jennings, what are your skills that will help you be a top recruiter, etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Selby Jennings

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Selby Jennings in October 2010.

Interview

It was an assesment day with a number of exercises ranging from group tasks to one on one interviews. The aim seemed to be to find the most unscrupulous salesman. A very aggressive culture and those that succeeded were the most outgoing openly ambitious candidates with a money driven attitude.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Group interview based around demonstrating confidence/people skills/ability to sell, as you might expect from a recruitment company. A few different tasks to take on solo/in teams, with short amount of time to present to the rest of the group. There was 10 people in my interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked to pick names of animals out of a hat, and given 2mins to prepare to "sell" that animal for a job position.   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

I had eight interviews in total. No real preparation necessary. YOu basically have to say that you a hardworking sales person who is solely motivated by money and forgets everything else. That´s basically what they look for. Phone interview first, then you will be there half a day to talk to six people. Be prepared that they will challenge you. Why do you add value ? What are your key skills ? Why do you want to do this ? If you are sure you want the job, you may be good. If you are not sure or are not the right person, they will know, as it is their job to know as recruiters. What all these recruiters have in common from my point of view is that they wanna eran as much money as quickly as possible. Decided yourself whether you want to work in such an environment. HAs benefits and drawbacks, as everything has.

Interview Questions

• They might give you scenarios on which you have to face decisions. Just get to know how the job will look like in advance and you will be fine. They for instance asked me what I would do in the following: Consider two client companies, A and B. A would like o work with a person, this person loves the company as well and Selby would get 10k commission. Another company B would work with him as well, but the person is not particularly excited about the job. However, Selby would get 20k for the placement. What woul you do ? (I argued that I go for 10 for long term relkation, good consulting reutation, I guess they wanna hear go for 20 and basically lie to the candidate, jabbering somethink like "maybe you will like it, it´s a better chance, matches your skills better...whatsoever.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2016.

Interview

There are a few stages for the process. From phone interview to work sample, the process provides the opportunity for candidates to have a grasp of how it is like to work with the company and their culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Phaidon/Selby Jennings instead of other agencies in the industry?   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Just mention money, how you love money, willing to do anything for money. Etc. You then have to do a phone assessment. For this I had 5 redbulls beforehand so was very jumpy and loud - that's what they love. Just go for it and speak loud.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with money?   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2015.

Interview

Began with a phone call from an HR manager from Singapore. Had two calls with her before meeting with a managing director in Hong Kong. Overall the calls and first interviews are pretty conventional. The first round is always a bit more casual, and going into the second round is a bit more formal, meeting at their office and talking to one of the recruitment consultants. All of them are pretty straightforward in terms of discussing the job nature. They do not overhype the job, instead they want the candidate to have a good understanding of how intensive the job can be. Final round of interview involves a work sample where you call candidates for half a day and managers see your performance on the phone and review with you how you did.