Select Specialty Hospitals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.8

Cook PRN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Gulfport, MS) in October 2017.

Interview

Really informative and straightforward. Chef Delcado is disarming and knows what he is talking about. We both formerly worked at Buffalo Wild Wings so we joked about how horrible that was.

Interview Questions

• Are you up on your food safety guidelines?   1 Answer

Clinical Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Was not organized and I didn't even know where I was located. This location in Garland is going to close and the management doesn't even realize it. So sad.....so is the management.

Interview Questions

• They didn't have any great questions. The past CEO of the Garland location is missing. The new BDB, Nevin, Is horrible and came from competition and only cares about himself. I feel sad for the staff. This place is closing soon.   1 Answer
    • They asked about my experience. But did not ask specific questions. Not a professional organization.   1 Answer

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Interview

Phone screen was conducted by a Recruiter from the centralized office. Inquiries focused on my background and prior experiences. Also wanted to determine if my desired salary target was within the reach of their position range.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my target salary range to determine if I would be a good fit for the position.   Answer Question

Telemetry Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Nashville, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was quite easy, although no one contacted me right away. I had to send an email the the hiring manager to make them aware of my job application. Once I received a call it was an easy process from that point.

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I came in the company was emerging different locations and I had a Interview with two people and They were very nice. The recruiter and the Directer of Nursing was so kind. I already had a lot of experience with acute care and the questions was so hard.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed with two people   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

Interview

Friendly interview process. CNO was very nice and willing to listen and answer any questions you ask. Human resource is very prompt to calculate the compensation based on years of experience.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals.

Interview

Received email and phone call from HR about their interest. Interview was scheduled within a week. Meet with CNO and HR representative during interview. Both were thorough, helpful, and friendly. They notified me of approximate day that they would be making their final decisions without me having to ask. Arranged for me to have tour of hospital, which was very helpful. Actually called me the following day with a great offer and start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about an LTAC facility.
      Why is this position of interest to you?   Answer Question

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Tulsa, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews within a 2 week period. I spoke with a corporate recruiter, meet the CEO in person, and spoke with a regional recruiter. All three interviews went well and were pleasant. The interviews are very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you handle employee conflict.   1 Answer

Nurse Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

A recruiter called out of the blue. However, the job was posted and I was aware of it when i browsed the site. She asked me to go to her site, and she would streamline it. She was correct. I had a 1:1 interview in a day or so, and she led the way. I met with HR and then met with all the key players except the deciding manager. I met him a day or so later. He met with me and interview for about an hour. It seemed to go well; but, he didnt make an offer. I felt a weird vibe. I was right. He felt I didnt plan out an education plan as detailed as he expected. They interviewed another applicant the following week, and hired her. Rats! Seriously-their loss!

Interview Questions

• detail a hypothetical education plan   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone screening with director, pharmacists, and pharmacy techs. When I was called back for an interview, it was on site, and I met with the director of pharmacy, staff pharmacists, and pharmacy interns, and included a tour of the facility. Questions were asked to assess overall ability, competency, and goodness of fit with the hospital and staff. It was not a high-stress interview, and all interviewers were very personable.

All persons involved were very engaged, and I was very impressed that technicians and interns were also involved in the hiring process; it shows that they value and are committed to everyone on their staff, and want to be sure that whoever they hire will work well with everyone in the department.

Interview Questions

• Clinical scenario: I was given several problems that occur simultaneously and asked how I would address them and in what order I would address them.   Answer Question