Select Specialty Hospitals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Select Specialty Hospitals

2.6

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (East Columbus, OH).

Interview

Very disorganized. Made me wait over an hour for a 20 minute interview and didn't apologize. Questions were very cliche. Said they would get back to me in one week and didn't. Instead, they waited a month to schedule a second interview. After that interview, they called to inform me that I was one of the top 2 candidates but was not selected because they wanted more diversity in the department. Both of them were white, I am white, and the person they ended up hiring was of arab descent, which is fine but what concerns me is they openly admitted to me that I was discriminated against based on the color of my skin. Advice to management: fire the HR manager. Clearly, she is not qualified for her role.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals.

Interview

they only got one HR person , no one to keep that person accountable. if that person don't like you it shows. lots of favoritism , not everyone is treated the same

Regional Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rising Sun, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Rising Sun, MD) in November 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Great engaging conversation with typical HR role questions. Overwhelming positive feedback from the recruiter; informed I would be passed onto the next haze which included assessment and interview with VP of HR with the next couple of weeks. Followed up with recruiter 2 weeks later and got a scripted, non-personalized “thanks but no thanks” response.

Telemetry Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

First, I received an email requesting a phone interview.
     I had a phone interview Interview was great!I was asked to come in for an interview. They were having an open house and was first come first serve.
     Management was warm and welcoming.
    I was told if someone had more experience than me, I would not receive an offer. I found this a little... strange...
    I was offered the position 4 days later. I accepted and have been happy ever since.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in this field?   3 Answers

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I had a total of 2 interviews. The first was informal and like a pre screening. I was asked about availability and shift preference. The second was more detailed relating to patient care and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to provide care to a difficult patient. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied online. Received a call a few days later scheduling a time to come in during walk in interview hours. Arrived at job, got offered job on site.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? The population that you will provide care to?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochelle Park, NJ

Interview

The phone interview is an hour long then you meet with the CEO for that particlar hospital. Then you have an interview with their leadership team.

Although the position is a HR manager postion you have no one reporting to you. Meaning that there is no HR support. It will be only you running the department. Their description for a HR Manager position, is more so a HR coordinator position. Currently they changed the title from HR manager to HR coordinator. I am assuming they made this tilte change to increase their applicants base for this role.

In my interview process I got the impression that there is alot of work to be done in their HR structure.

The feedback that I recievd is that they have a low employee moral and lacking culture.

The communication and the team building seems to be lacking as well. This was my observation during my interview process and what observed.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Savannah, GA) in October 2018.

Interview

Hiring event with multiple people interviewing me such as the charge nurse, nurse manager, and other higher ups. After the interview I received a call about coming to tour the unit and that’s where an offer was made.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and easy-going. The interviewer did not ask any questions but instead talked about the company and the expectations of the role. I was taken to the pharmacy, and then to the HR to discuss further the logistics of the job. I was offered the job the next day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. This does not mean questions won't be asked in future interviews   Answer Question

Monitor Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Augusta, GA) in September 2018.

Interview

Relaxed and friendly environment I believe, staff I meet says hello and asked if I’m being help while waiting on the lobby. Clean surroundings and quiet and diverse staffing I think. I see white , black and Asian staffing.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond alarms?   1 Answer
    • What did you like about Company that made you applied?   1 Answer