Select Specialty Hospitals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Select Specialty Hospitals

2.7

Sort:

Staff RN Interview

Interview

Straightforward interview process. HR interviews first with a list of questions straight off a checklist.... list your strengths/best traits, worst traits etc., goals, how do you handle difficult patients/difficult families. Management interviewed next, offered the job on the spot, started two weeks later. Training and preceptor provided initially.

Interview Questions

• Be ready for why should we hire you... what has prepared you for xyz...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process, just a straight up here is the pay, are you interested.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Standard. Interview with HR then CNO. Pleasant staff. Laid back. Discussed salary and benefits. Gave an overview of their goals. CNO interview focused on experience and informing of the types of patients cared for.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very Easy and laid back. HR seemed so nice. The CNO joined us and I felt they were both very personable. I think that I was hired based on the fact they had a lot of agency. If you get an interview, just go in confident and I bet you will get the job. Thourough background check. quick response time for offer.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to deal with the stress of having a lot of patients at once?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Friendly interview process. CNO was very nice and willing to listen and answer any questions you ask. Human resource is very prompt to calculate the compensation based on years of experience.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Nashville, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

The process was conducted in a professional manner. I felt the the CNO covered important topics related to the job but the areas dicussed were different when I started working the floor. I did not feel pressured in the interview. I also met with nursing supervisors and other management staff before accepting the offer. Their input was helpful.

Interview Questions

• What was past work history.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. A offer was made for the position and the position was accepted. The offer was not made at the time of the interview. I was called back a few days later.

Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview with corporate partner who has no experience in the current market that I was applying for. The corporate partner was rude and very abrasive, but the DBD was amazing, which was the immediate supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What makes me think I was a good match for the opportunity.   Answer Question

Nursing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Pensacola, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

This part was good the lady that interviewed me was nice

Infection Preventionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cordova, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Cordova, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone with the CEO, DQM because I was in another state. The process was streamline and easy. I was not interviewed by the regional DQM and found out later this did not sit well with them.

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals.

Interview

I got a call the day after I submitted my application asking for an interview that week. Had the interview, talked to the HR Director and the CNO. Both very friendly and easy going. Interview went great, got the offer on the spot and came in for computer orientation the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm a new graduate so I didn't try to negotiate. I felt the offer was acceptable as-is.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I sent an email to the Regional recruiter who called me about two weeks later with a quick phone interview. She asked me basic patient safety questions, nurse:patient ratio at previous jobs, and told me the salary for my experience level. She spoke to me about the acuity of the patients and then asked me if I was interested in interviewing. I interviewed about a week later with the CNO- she is very personable person with great leadership skills. Very type-A. She talked about my resume and asked me basic interview questions for a nursing position. She gave me a tour of the unit and then we went back and she offered me the job with a higher salary than what HR said someone with my years of experience would get. I accepted and started a week later.