Select Specialty Hospitals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I came in the company was emerging different locations and I had a Interview with two people and They were very nice. The recruiter and the Directer of Nursing was so kind. I already had a lot of experience with acute care and the questions was so hard.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed with two people   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals.

Interview

Received email and phone call from HR about their interest. Interview was scheduled within a week. Meet with CNO and HR representative during interview. Both were thorough, helpful, and friendly. They notified me of approximate day that they would be making their final decisions without me having to ask. Arranged for me to have tour of hospital, which was very helpful. Actually called me the following day with a great offer and start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about an LTAC facility.
      Why is this position of interest to you?
      Answer Question

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Tulsa, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews within a 2 week period. I spoke with a corporate recruiter, meet the CEO in person, and spoke with a regional recruiter. All three interviews went well and were pleasant. The interviews are very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you handle employee conflict.   1 Answer

Nurse Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

A recruiter called out of the blue. However, the job was posted and I was aware of it when i browsed the site. She asked me to go to her site, and she would streamline it. She was correct. I had a 1:1 interview in a day or so, and she led the way. I met with HR and then met with all the key players except the deciding manager. I met him a day or so later. He met with me and interview for about an hour. It seemed to go well; but, he didnt make an offer. I felt a weird vibe. I was right. He felt I didnt plan out an education plan as detailed as he expected. They interviewed another applicant the following week, and hired her. Rats! Seriously-their loss!

Interview Questions

• detail a hypothetical education plan   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone screening with director, pharmacists, and pharmacy techs. When I was called back for an interview, it was on site, and I met with the director of pharmacy, staff pharmacists, and pharmacy interns, and included a tour of the facility. Questions were asked to assess overall ability, competency, and goodness of fit with the hospital and staff. It was not a high-stress interview, and all interviewers were very personable.

All persons involved were very engaged, and I was very impressed that technicians and interns were also involved in the hiring process; it shows that they value and are committed to everyone on their staff, and want to be sure that whoever they hire will work well with everyone in the department.

Interview Questions

• Clinical scenario: I was given several problems that occur simultaneously and asked how I would address them and in what order I would address them.   Answer Question

Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview with corporate partner who has no experience in the current market that I was applying for. The corporate partner was rude and very abrasive, but the DBD was amazing, which was the immediate supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What makes me think I was a good match for the opportunity.   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals.

Interview

I got a call the day after I submitted my application asking for an interview that week. Had the interview, talked to the HR Director and the CNO. Both very friendly and easy going. Interview went great, got the offer on the spot and came in for computer orientation the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm a new graduate so I didn't try to negotiate. I felt the offer was acceptable as-is.

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Knoxville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed me as though I should have been a more seasoned as a nurse. Very intimidating for a new grad nurse. 5 of them and one of me!! Really???? I got the feeling I didn't have a chance. I gave them a résumé but they didn't look at it nor refer to it at all and I had downloaded it several days prior.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were vague yet i could tell they were looking for something specific. Didn't come right out and ask.   1 Answer

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Springfield, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied over a year ago. Final got an interview had to wait over a month to get a job offer and when I show up for the orientation no one knew I was coming. Never received an ID to clock in and out and went to the floor on my second day of orientation to the floor. No one show me how to do my job and was getting in trouble for things I didn't know.

Interview Questions

• Are you comforable working under staff, because there are times where the aides on the floor have 10 to 11 patients assigned to them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would say there are better jobs out there I wouldn't waste your time.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very Easy and laid back. HR seemed so nice. The CNO joined us and I felt they were both very personable. I think that I was hired based on the fact they had a lot of agency. If you get an interview, just go in confident and I bet you will get the job. Thourough background check. quick response time for offer.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to deal with the stress of having a lot of patients at once?   1 Answer