SelectHealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SelectHealth Interview Questions

Interviews at SelectHealth

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SelectHealth (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2010.

Interview

Online job application which asks for several simple programming answers. Such as SQL queries and object oriented programming concepts.

After being called into an interview you are in a room with 1 manager and 3 peers who go around asking technical questions from their various expertise. SQL, C#, Java (if you know it), ASP.NET. They also asked me to perform several programs on a white board while they waited.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to the nitty gritty of Oracle database systems.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salaries are fixed based on years of experience and position, so there is essentially no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SelectHealth (Murray, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

Pen and Paper Test. In one week I had separate interviews with team, manager, and manager's manager on three separate days. I had interviewed twice at SelectHealth. The first time was not a good experience but the second time was great and I liked the people on the team and it had a relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• A very hard question that had to deal with SQL where there were several joins. You did this on pen an paper and I had no idea if I was even close to right.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SelectHealth (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

One phone call to setup an in person technical test. One week later, came into the office and was met by two Sr devs and a project manager. They had me sit down on one of their stations using .Net Fiddle and had me create a method in c# as they watch you via remote desktop.

Problem: Convert int number to string roman numerals and back. Their instructions said to convert DCMXIV to string, pretty simple.
    IE: ConvertIntToRoman(5);
    Out: "V"
    ConvertRomanToInt("X");
    Out: 10

Once I was done, one of the sr dev would come and tell you how he would have done it and since i followed strictly what was instructed. I did not handle edge cases such as IX and IV and such, but that did not stop the sr devs from thinking I was incapable as a developer. No questions asked about previous projects or other technologies such as SQL, javascript, etc...

After all is done, they escort you to the exit. The end.

If you pass their 1st test, then you move on to round 2 and maybe round 3. Only then would they start to talk to you about your experience and such. From what I understood, this company has been burned many time by incapable developers.

This company does outsource to oversea India and as a result, some of their team members are Indians.

Interview Questions

• There were almost no interview questions. Everything is based on their small and limited programming test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SelectHealth (Murray, UT) in February 2019.

Interview

Interesting and the overall process wasn't bad, I didn't get an offer but overall it was a fun interview and good learning experience. The process was just applying online and then going on an onsite interview and took about 2 hours, which consisted of a worksheet with a proposed problem to code up and then a SQL worksheet.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience and SQL questions   1 Answer

New Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SelectHealth (Murray, UT) in December 2010.

Interview

This was a three tiered interview process. Standard canned quesdtions with not much originality involved. Training for entry level positions is adequate and thurough. Training as you advance through the company is mostly lear as you go or non existent. You just simply have to be there and involved to learn the processes.

Interview Questions

• With The Affordable Care act becoming a reality it HAS TURNED THIS JOB ON IT'S EAR IN MANY WAYS.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SelectHealth (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. Next there was an on site interview with three members of Actuarial Services. Then you are given a task to complete in Excel. The assignment was very basic, and it was not hard to complete; they just want to know if you have basic skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SelectHealth in May 2019.

Interview

I applied online. I was sent an email inviting me to do a virtual interview, I had 3 business days to complete that interview. I was called a few days later for a in person interview.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SelectHealth (Murray, UT) in November 2018.

Interview

I was called about a week after applying through Indeed. The interview process consisted of two in-person interviews, and submitting 5 references through an online process. The first interview was with my direct manager and one other member of the team. After this, I was contacted about two days later to come in for a second interview, which was with my direct manager again, and two other senior members of the team. There was also a short computer assessment to determine job specific abilities. The day after that, I was contacted by HR to submit references. About 3 days after that, I was contacted with an offer.

EBusiness Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SelectHealth.

Interview

I got invited to go interview in office with some of the team members. I drove 35 minutes and had a 5 minute interview. They were extremely unprepared and had only asked me two questions. A big waste of time. They told me they keep their interviews short because they interview so many people. They don’t give enough time to get to know their applicants. Then a little over two months later they sent me an email telling me I didn’t get the job which is a long time to make a decision if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

QA Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SelectHealth (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2018.

Interview

they first had a phone interview, then they called me in for an in person interview, then they had me give 5 references who had to fill out an email survey.

Interview Questions

• they gave me a page of 5 SQL scenarios and let me chose which one I wanted to write for them on the board. I had 10 minutes then I describes my results and thought process to them.   1 Answer
    • They gave me a page full of methods written in c# and had me write under each one what the method was doing and describe everything going on.   1 Answer
    • they showed me a scenario of a screen and asked me what things I would test for   Answer Question