Selective Insurance Interview Questions in Branchville, NJ | Glassdoor

Selective Insurance Interview Questions in Branchville, NJ

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst/Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ).

Interview

Pretty typical. 4 rounds of interviews with individuals. Many of them asked the same questions. Offered a position over the phone, sent offer package to home.

Tip: Know about Selective and their practices. Know your faults and admit to them and be anxious to learn. Make eye contact. Smile. Dress appropriately.

BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ).

Interview

Standard interview questions, (provide background, tell us how you found the job), then into the technical aspects of the position. Interviewed with 2 people first, then 2 more on an individual basis. Total interview took 2 1/2 hours. Questions were somewhat prying, as to insinuate or skeptical of your skill levels not meeting requirements. I got a question about "what is the difference between inner/outer join in SQL?", and to someone who is an established SQL writer it's like asking "You know how to tie your shoes?" Also had some strange behavioral/personal questions.. "If I was a bird, what would I be and why?. Poor interview tactics. Voluntarily withdrew from posting.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Very late back people. I went for IT manager position and Assistant VP was asking me technical questions how you will do the work? No manager level questions. The way he asked the questions wasn't right. He was critic. I went for NJ office for interview. IT team was good and good campus. HR person did not get back to me with decisions. I think doesn't matter you pass or fail they need to appreciate your effort.

Senior Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

The first step in the interview process is a 30 min pre-screening call with the hiring manager. We discussed the responsibilities of the role and my prior job experience. Step two was a face to face interview with the hiring manager and several other upper level management.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Attending an open house in Branchville, NJ. 1-2 weeks later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I received a phone call about 1 week later from a recruiter confirming I got the position.

Selective Insurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

My interview was face to face with 4 team members each taking approximately 45 minutes. Each interview covered a series of questions requiring examples (Behavorial Interview). I was prepared for this type of interview so it wasn't difficult.

Interview Questions

• Selective trains their employees to conduct Behavioral Interviewing so expect the typical questions and come prepared with examples of successes, failures and how you handled them, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Although I tried negotiating there wasn't much consideration for my request. I was told the budget was tight and it would have been more than what they paid existing employees in similar positions. I had only asked for $2K more. I later learned this wasn't true. I still accepted the position to gain additional experience and have no regrets.

Para-professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

PRO
    Recruiter scheduled interviews and provided contact information and appointment times with Recruiter, Hiring Manager, other members of the team, Department Head and ended with the HR Manager in one day. Indicating a respect for the applicants time.

CON
    Although HR Manager confirmed that a response would be provided within a certain timeframe NO communicaiton was sent to advise the outcome of the interview which indicates the inexperience of the HR Manager or lack of respect for the applicant.

Interview Questions

• What experience to you have that would translate into a benefit for this company?   Answer Question

Safety Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

Met with hiring manager, recieved callback, then went to Branchville, NJ to meet with department managers. Technical questions related to my experience in safety and in the insurance industry. Discussion of experience with other employers including specific activities conducted within my department. Discussed interest in furthering my education. They explained their process and what they were looking for.

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

straight forward interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offered salary which was more then expected. I accepted.