Selective Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Selective Insurance

2.9

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

straight forward interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offered salary which was more then expected. I accepted.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Interview

Lengthy phone interview and then ghosted. Questions were typical. Salary was low considering requirement to split time between north and south Jersey. Branchville and Hamilton are quite a distance from each other.

Senior Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

The first step in the interview process is a 30 min pre-screening call with the hiring manager. We discussed the responsibilities of the role and my prior job experience. Step two was a face to face interview with the hiring manager and several other upper level management.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Newark, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Professional- all HR driven with basic questions- no advice on this area- dark boring quiet business environment doesn't feel friendly-Sussex county location not much in the area to do or see- commute not great- have gym which is nice but no one uses it because workload seems too much

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Richmond, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

I attended a job fair held by the company at it's Richmond office in November. At the time, I was advised there were no specific openings for Underwriters but that they expect to post several new positions within a month or so. I sat with one of the Underwriting Supervisors during the job fair and she asked me several screening questions, trying to ascertain my background and experience. The interview went very well and I was called back for a more formal interview with a panel of 3 managers a little over a month later. I went back to Richmond for the 2nd interview and, although I was scheduled to meet with 3 managers, only 2 were available. The interview questions were all behavioral questions, i.e. "Describe a time when you had to deliver negative feedback to a manager." The interview went very well, and I was advised I will hear from them after the holidays.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deliver negative feedback to a peer or manager.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance in November 2015.

Interview

First round of interview was a phone screen with Hiring Mgr and then in the same week behavioural round.. They sounded very positive but no offer..
    Phone screen,behavioural,F2F is the interview process

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Interview

The phone interview was conducted by one of their talent strategists. She was unprofessional. It seemed like it was an inconvenience for her to make the phone call. She barely opened up her mouth or articulated her words when she was talking. Additionally, she was behaving contemptuously. She did not care to promote the company at all.
    The whole process was a waste of my time. It seems like she is not interested in hiring valuable candidates for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the position? What did you do in your previous position?   Answer Question

Selective Insurance Response

Feb 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

I am so very sorry to see that your experience was perceived as negative, and would greatly value an opportunity to discuss with you for more detail. Please contact me at jim.albrecht@selective.com

BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ).

Interview

Standard interview questions, (provide background, tell us how you found the job), then into the technical aspects of the position. Interviewed with 2 people first, then 2 more on an individual basis. Total interview took 2 1/2 hours. Questions were somewhat prying, as to insinuate or skeptical of your skill levels not meeting requirements. I got a question about "what is the difference between inner/outer join in SQL?", and to someone who is an established SQL writer it's like asking "You know how to tie your shoes?" Also had some strange behavioral/personal questions.. "If I was a bird, what would I be and why?. Poor interview tactics. Voluntarily withdrew from posting.

Tech Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Interview

About a 3 hour interview with 3 different managers asking the same questions. Not a very welcoming environment, one manager was kind of rude. Gave me the impression during the interview that I did not want to work in this type of environment.

Applications Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in June 2018.

Interview

Screening interview by recruiter. Then two rounds of technical interviews by architects and hiring manager. All interviews were done over the phone. After last set of interviews, never heard from anyone in Selective again despite numerous phone calls and emails to try to get an update. Very inconsiderate to not get a response after spending 6 hours of my time interviewing.