Selective Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Selective Insurance Interview Questions

Interviews at Selective Insurance

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Interview

Got a call and had initial interview over the phone. 4 interviews in multiple locations. The process was fairly easy and friendly until we got to the salary expectations. All went well until I pushed back and the person on the other end got very nasty.

Interview Questions

• What was my salary expectations? What kind of experience could I bring to the position, the normal questions. The in person interviews were very pleasant and average.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not expect to make a lot of money. They seem to try to get employees on the cheap and because of where they are located it often works.

MANAGER AUDIT Interview

Interview

Interviewed with three people, the HR rep and the two people in the audit deprtment that I would be working with. The HR interview was for perfunctionary purposes as usual, then it was on to the hiring manager and the person the role would be reporting to in the audit dept.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty basic. The HR person had some tricky question that were not really in keeping with the audit role   Answer Question

Safety Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

Met with hiring manager, recieved callback, then went to Branchville, NJ to meet with department managers. Technical questions related to my experience in safety and in the insurance industry. Discussion of experience with other employers including specific activities conducted within my department. Discussed interest in furthering my education. They explained their process and what they were looking for.

Building Facilities Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Interview

I submitted resume online using the job posting portal. Followed up twice with both hiring manager and HR. Never received a return call or response until 4 weeks later when received a letter thanking me for my quality interview but advising they had decided to go with an internal candidate. I never had an interview!

Selective Insurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

My interview was face to face with 4 team members each taking approximately 45 minutes. Each interview covered a series of questions requiring examples (Behavorial Interview). I was prepared for this type of interview so it wasn't difficult.

Interview Questions

• Selective trains their employees to conduct Behavioral Interviewing so expect the typical questions and come prepared with examples of successes, failures and how you handled them, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Although I tried negotiating there wasn't much consideration for my request. I was told the budget was tight and it would have been more than what they paid existing employees in similar positions. I had only asked for $2K more. I later learned this wasn't true. I still accepted the position to gain additional experience and have no regrets.

Safety Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screening and the panel interview over video conference, panel interview lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. I was interviewed by three different people side by side. They took turns asking me questions and telling me about the company. All three were very nice and welcoming

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to deliver difficult news   Answer Question

Analyst/Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ).

Interview

Pretty typical. 4 rounds of interviews with individuals. Many of them asked the same questions. Offered a position over the phone, sent offer package to home.

Tip: Know about Selective and their practices. Know your faults and admit to them and be anxious to learn. Make eye contact. Smile. Dress appropriately.

Senior Trial Attorney-Home Based Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from a talent specialist the next day to arrange a telephone interview. It was scheduled for the following week and she was to call me. She never called at given time. After 10 minutes I called and left a voicemail. Later that day I received an an email apologizing that a meeting had ran over and she missed our call. She asked to set up another telephone interviewwithin next two days. I provided abailability and received an automatic email response that she was unavailable but would respond as soon as she returned to office. After a week I emailed again advising I never heard back from her and interested to see if position was still available. No response again and then job was reposted on site. Very disappointing experience. Their talent specialist was not very professional and obviously not interested in recruiting for these positions. A very poor representation and image for the company.

Interview Questions

• Talent specialist never called for scheduled interview.   Answer Question

Product Manager PL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

Very down to earth interview process. Started with phone call with recruiter. She was engaging and “sold the company” well. She clearly communicated next steps and kept in touch. I was invited to interview at the Corporate campus in North Jersey. I met with the hiring manager and two additional AVPs. The interviews were conversational and focused on the resume and discussing experiences and skills.

Interview Questions

• Be able to articulate analytical skills and resume items.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ).

Interview

I was made to jump through multiple hoops and interview with multiple people on multiple days, just to be ghosted and never hear back from anyone, even after I followed up.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

See What Selective Insurance Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Claims Specialist in Hamilton, NJ

Pros: “I am thankful every day to be a part of such a great company. I don’t feel like just a number. The work atmosphere is truly amazing because the staff and management are respectful and treat...”“I am thankful every day to be a part of such a great company. I don’t feel like just a number. The work atmosphere is truly amazing because the staff and management are respectful and treat you like you are a human. They understand if you make a mistake. They don’t micromanage and they give you your space to do your work. I came from a army style micromanaging company that treated employees like a robot and to be treated with respect and to have a company care is a dream. I can’t say enough about this company. Truly happy to be a part of this company.” – Full Review