Best Buy Interview Question: Sell me this pen........ | Glassdoor

Sell me this pen.....

Answer

Interview Answer

3 Answers

Show value in item. Show customer why they need it/how it will make their life easier. Never call an Black tie protection a warranty.

Interview Candidate on Jun 19, 2012

Absolutely right on selling value. Don't sell what it IS; sell what it MEANS to them. Here's an idea to build on:

"Let's think about what you're using this pen for. When you're working on important documents or really any document for that matter, your handwriting describes you and it puts your park on a piece of paper. Using a run-of-the-mill pen, sure, it gets the job done, but compare that to THIS pen. Its gel grip makes it comfortable to hold and the ink flows smoothly, leaving that almost 'shiny' writing. It looks classy and stands out from the writing left by other pens and again, that's a classy reflection of you. It's really your decision; do you want do go with something that makes your work stand out or something that just gets by?"

Say that to an interviewer and they'll either laugh at you or say "that was awesome" and hire you. If they happen to give you a crappy pen, then I guess you can just sell it based on how it still works. :-)

Drew on Jun 25, 2012

Mark* on a piece of paper

Drew (again) on Jun 25, 2012

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.