Sembawang Shipyard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sembawang Shipyard Interview Questions

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sembawang Shipyard (New York, NY).

Interview

received call for interview, head down for interview, kind of like chit chat. a few days later offered a job. then i accepted it. thats all.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sembawang Shipyard.

Interview

HR was prompt in getting back to me. The confirmation took some time but HR was patient. HR is frank about the low pay structure of yards, and that bonus was high compared to other industries. That was during the good times. Very transparent with the pay adjustment cycle and pay schemes.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sembawang Estate (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sembawang Shipyard (Sembawang Estate (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

Questions are based around whether you are personally suitable for the role as opposed to questions about technical knowledge. This is especially because of the tough nature of the job. It would be important to establish yourself as a person who can stand for his or her own given the work would require you to interact with customers on an individual basis and having to lead large groups of workers.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage work life balance given the long hours required on the job?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviewer are good, the environment in the interview process is smooth and stress as they will gives out some jokes while conducting the interview process.

Besides, they will test your speaking abilities and characters.
    Mainly they will explain the jobs scope of the role you apply and expect you to provide some feedback.

Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sembawang Shipyard (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2012.

Interview

-Regarding the project management, software skill on planning, planning process and scope of work
    -2 times of interview
    -outcome is for employer to know the background and related skill possesed by the interviewee

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sembawang Shipyard in February 2012.

Interview

Minimum tertiary qualification in Marine, Mechanical, Chemical, Civil or Electrical Engineering
    Good communication and interpersonal skills
    Self starter, able to motivate himself to strive under tight schedules and in a fast paced environment

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sembawang Shipyard (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2012.

Interview

Relatively simple. ask to tell them more about yourself. What are you studying. Do you like what you are doing. What are you doing for your FYP. And why your chose Sembawang Shipyard. etc. The interview process is very relax and easy.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sembawang Estate (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sembawang Shipyard (Sembawang Estate (Singapore)) in January 2012.

Interview

1 nos. interview. 3 interviewers for most interviews. Expect the interview to be extremely related to what you will be required to do on the job. If you do not have the experience, you probably cannot answer them.

Paper qualification are very much appreciated even if you do not qualify competently in the subject matter.

Interview Questions

• Very technical questions related to what you pose in your resume.

Human factors - Propose an experienced situation where human factor was applied to design work.
      Rotating equipment - describe common rotating equipment problems, operations, selection criteria.
      HVAC - Describe operating parameters of chiller system, describe the commercial HVAC configuration used on marine setting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is difficult to negotiate. You need to play hard to get.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sembawang Shipyard in March 2011.

Interview

technical interview only

Interview Questions

• performance curve for pumps   1 Answer

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sembawang Shipyard (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2011.

Interview

Hiring manager will contact you for an interview, not much difficult questions, just basically telling you more what to expect being an intern, and the job descriptions