Seminole State College of Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Seminole State College of Florida

College Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seminole State College of Florida (Sanford, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Called after 3 or 4 weeks of submitted application. Interview at which ever campus you applied. Also there was a 30-40 minute writing sample, based on the position. The interview was done by a search committee of 4 people in a classroom. They had a list of questions taped to the desk in front of me, and each person read through a question. They also asked about the possibility of working on a Saturday or after hours during the busy season.

Interview Questions

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seminole State College of Florida (Orlando, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Horrible experience. HORRIBLE!!! The job I went to interview for was not the job they were actually interviewing FOR. How stupid is that, right???

I was told to show up at a certain time for the interview. When I got there, some gal took me into this little room that was absolutely freezing and told me to take a seat. I was given the job description of the position I had applied for and told to read through it and sign the bottom of the third sheet. Fine. No biggie. I read through it and it looked pretty straightforward, and I signed it. The gal took my signed job description and said to "wait right here and your interview will be in a few minutes" - HAH!!! Almost ONE HOUR LATER I was still waiting. I was just about ready to leave (since I had waited so long without seeing another living soul and I was so cold that I couldn't hardly stand it) when the same gal FINALLY appeared and ushered me into a room filled with people. The entire department seemed to be sitting around the long table, and they had snacks and sodas and such and all appeared to be having a great time at the interviewees expense I might add. It's always more fun to be the interviewer than the interviewee, that's for sure. For them it was party time - for me I could just tell it was going to be a waste of time. Something about that entire group just didn't sit well with me. Anyway, they sat me at the head of a long table and started firing question after question for about an hour. I was even interviewed by the department IT guy (WTH!!!) who was analyzing me on my Excel skills, via 100 million questions. That guy was such a jerk. I had already made up my mind that I wasn't going to take the job even if it was offered to me, because everyone was just so rude. It was like talking to an entire room of people who had already decided they weren't going to like anyone. Anywhoo - the big problem for me was when they handed me the 3 page job description that I had signed. Someone had taken that job description for the job I had originally applied for and had crossed out almost all of the job duties in red ink. I was told the job now had different duties and I was instructed to look down at the bottom of the page to see the "new job" - between the time I signed it and the actual interview someone had written all the new job duties at the bottom of the page. WHAT???? Like how does that work???? I would have never applied for the "new job" as it was not something I was the least bit interested in. When I questioned why I had been told to read the job description and sign it, the entire group acted like I was completely out of line in asking this question. At that point I literally had utterly and completely made up my mind that there was no way in H.E.L.L. that I was taking the job even if it was handed to me on a silver platter. It was, without a doubt, the worst interview I have ever been on and it was a: Complete.Waste.Of.Time. My advice to anyone interviewing at Seminole State College - make sure the job you are interviewing for is the one you ACTUALLY applied for. I have been told by other people that they love to do the old "bait and switch" tactic. Long story short, I went on to work for the University of Central Florida - and it not only has a much better reputation for worker satisfaction, but they are straight up with the fact that what you apply for is what you get!!!!

Interview Questions

• What animal do you identify with?   1 Answer

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seminole State College of Florida (Sanford, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Verbal Interview with search committee of 4, teaching demo with students, impromptu writing demo, and then the long wait for the offer call. It seemed like forever. Finally, HR called one afternoon with the job offer and I of course accepted.