Seminole Tribe of Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seminole Tribe of Florida Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

Bio-Archaeologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seminole Tribe of Florida.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview (via email). I was expecting to interview with only one person. Instead, I ended up interviewing with three people! There was no mention of this prior to the phone interview. Extremely unprofessional. Additionally, my "foreign education" was criticized repeatedly (despite the fact that the main interviewer was educated by the same foreign institution and other members of staff also had foreign postgraduate degrees). At the end of the interview, I was hung up on without any mention of next steps. I have not heard from them since (though I have seen the job re-posted on job boards).

Interview Questions

• How does your foreign education/training prepare you for this role?   1 Answer

Director of Health Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seminole Tribe of Florida (Hollywood, FL).

Interview

After a 22-year career, this was the most painful, awful interview I have ever had! Although I was told I was one of the top three candidates, I was blindsided by the questions becuase they did not match the job description as posted at all. The interviewers were not at all friendly or welcoming. The interview itself lasted 30 minutes, tops.
    If the interview process reflects the corporate culture of this organization, I am very glad not to have been selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• How to make the decision to close the clinics in the three reservations.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seminole Tribe of Florida (Hollywood, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a general interview process that was facilitated by the HR recruiter. The key people from the department looking to fill position were present in the interviews but the majority of questions were generated from the HR recruiter. They had several scheduled interviews that day and the interesting part is that they disclosed at the beginning of the interview they were looking to fill several positions so this interview would be general in nature for if they identified a position you might be better suited for than the one applied for they would make those considerations and recommendations. It was a fairly quick and clean process of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic standard generic screening questions, mostly behavioral based.   Answer Question

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Seminole Tribe of Florida (Hollywood, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Extensive and thorough. You will be interviewed in different stages during the process. You will need to fill in a lot of paperwork. And, if hired, drug screening and fingerprinting. The last interview is with a panel of three people who will ask questions regarding student behavior and follow-up.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a student who is unwilling to work during your tutoring time?   Answer Question

Water Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seminole Tribe of Florida (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Since I did not get any type of confirmation about my application being submitted, I contacted Headquarters after a week and they did not know anything about the status of the application. Two weeks later I am contacted by HR and scheduled the interview. The interview was around 30 minutes long. I was called 3 hours after the interview to notify me that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with the (QA/QC Quality Assurance/ Quality Control) for data collection?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the Seminole Tribe?   Answer Question

Education Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seminole Tribe of Florida (Hollywood, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

I was told by other staff member that I had to 'bug' HR to follow up on my job app as I applied three months earlier and simply thought I was screened out. I thought bugging HR was fairly unprofessional but once I did, i got an interview right away. I went in middle of next week from my phone call to HR and I was called early the Monday morning after that with a job offer. I was offered a salary I thought was too low and I countered for another amount and they immediately accepted. Do not low ball yourself here is what I was told and it worked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your background fits into this job?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seminole Tribe of Florida (Hollywood, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Background history and professional accomplishments. History of the tribe and previous evolvement in the gaming / entertainment industry. Casino permit? Previous gaming experience.
    Everything you can expect in a job interview was asked.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seminole Tribe of Florida (Hollywood, FL) in December 2008.

Interview

The interview was basic questions with H.R. and department representatives.

Interview Questions

• None really. Generic questions read from a standard questionaire   Answer Question

Negotiation

Aim for the highest salary possible. They bring people in at riduclous salaries. Wish I had known that earlier