Sempra Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sempra Energy

2.8

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (San Diego, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Apply online, one month later got a phone interview invite. Went in for a in person interview the next week. Interviewed with their manager and senior accountants. Got a phone call back from HR the next week, saying Ive got the offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (San Diego, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Met with several professionals from Senpra. They proceeded to ask me a series of general interview questions and more specific questions related to my resume. In the end it was a great experience and they seem like an ideal company to work for. They seem very professional and intelligent, and the organizational culture seems like it would be friendly and encouraging while providing great career opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you used leadership to overcome a group obstacle.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sempra Energy in August 2017.

Interview

panel interview with 3 people. Typical interview questions were asked. Panel was friendly for the most part, but I got the sense that mgmt is like a boys club.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with a colleague. What did you do to resolve the issue.   1 Answer

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I had one phone interview, and one in person panel interview. The people on the panel were all people that were experts in the things that I said I knew about on my resume. I wore a suit, but was over dressed. I'd still wear a suit the next time.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

The whole experience was very pleasant and professional. This is a large company with a well defined org structure. So, all the details such as job description, salary range, reporting structure and career growth possibilities were clear.
      I offered details on my previous job and my skills during the interview. The process went very well as I was able to demonstrate the outputs in a short and concise format.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate SQL, Excel, any programming language and relevant skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You know the limits the company can offer you based on their rigid structure. Ask for other benefits such as vacation, relocation, work from home etc.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very intense; peer review with multiple interviewers
    Drug Test, check references, and DMV.
    Background checks, called around.
    Lots of very detailed technical questions.
    Also minor Medical examination.
    The company later reorganized and I got transferred to a new department with very different work.

Interview Questions

• What is referential Integrity   1 Answer

Negotiation

bargain for initial vacation and got it.

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview was systematic and organized. First was the phone screening. Second was in person interview then the last was panel interview. After that, they called all the references provided. Lastly, they did the background check, criminal check and educational background.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges you faced as an Analyst and how did you address those challenges?   Answer Question
    • Why we should hire you?   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (San Diego, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Posted resume, they called and conducted a phone interview and are doing a back ground check. Waiting to hear back for a physical interview date and drug testing. It was very easy to communicate with her

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (San Diego, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Interview process consisted of initial phone interview with HR, 1:1 interview with Hiring Manager, & behavorial interview with HR.

Hiring manager did not take the time to review my resume before the interview. It was obvious that he was asking random questions and not listening to my answers in order to give him time to read my resume. Hiring manager was rude & made it seem like the interview was a waste of his time. Interaction with HR was positive.

Economic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sempra Energy.

Interview

Thorough process, excellent people, provided an excellent overview of the potential opportunity and room for growth. Allowed to discuss with other potential team members. Overall excellent interview and learning experience