Sempra Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

In person interview with a panel. Field questions from all panel members in addition to a practical test in MS Excel. Lots of background check, drug screening and others. Very brief, as long as you answer their questions without going off the point

Interview Questions

• Previous experience using specific software   1 Answer

Energy Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process wasn't bad at all! The entire process took about 45 days, so from the time I applied to the time I was offered a position it took a total of about 45 days. About 2 weeks after I applied I was invited to take a test, once I passed that I received an email the next day prompting me to fill out another application. About a 1 1/2 weeks later I was called for an interview. Finished the interview and then 2 weeks after that received the call offering me the job! By the way, the interview was short and sweet, made nervous honestly because it was so fast. But don't be alarmed, that's just their procedure. Good luck everyone, hope this was helpful!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had an angry customer and you had to calm them down   1 Answer

Negotiation

Actually, negotiating wasn't necessary, they offered me exactly what I was comfortable with.

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (Alexandria, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted professionally. They were prompt at the time for the 12:00 phone interview. The subjects covered were relevant and informative. It was interesting to hear about the wind industry and how much it can impact our usage of other types of energy that aren't as renewable. The position of Administrative Associate will allow me to see the Energy industry up close. I look forward to starting a career in this clean and renewable industry.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had taken time to research they're company.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy in January 2016.

Interview

Interview after 3 months of application submission.

The interviews was a panel of 4 people. Very intimidating and Everyone seemed very uptight and cold.

One lady even asked me the same question that had been asked 5 min before. They all just went down the line and looked at their sheet and asked their questions.

Even the atmosphere at this office was cold.

Interview Questions

• The questions seemed like they were from a template out of the Internet. There was a panel of 4 people. One question was "Describe the time you made a mistake at work, and how did you fix it if at all"   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy.

Interview

* They don't hire international student
    very awful. only one question:
    1. Do you need sponsor for working visa in the future?
    My answer: yes.
    Then recruiter said: I need discuss with someone..then just hang up the phone.

This is a very awful and unprofessional experience.

Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and two weeks later received an email telling me that I was not qualified for the position and my application was no longer under consideration. About a week later, I received a call from someone at the company requesting a phone interview, which I thought was weird after the initial rejection, but I was excited to have the opportunity to learn more about the job and prove myself for the role. On the day we schedule the interview, she called me about 20 minutes late and one of the first things she said to me was, "You probably know more about this position than I do." Turns out she was just a random person who works for Sempra, but has nothing to do with HR or the position I was interviewing for. So, she asked me some basic questions, said she would pass my answers on to HR (not sure why the HR staff weren't the ones doing this interview in the first place) and they would contact me in a few days. A week later, I still haven't heard from them and doubt that I ever will...not that I mind. This was one of the weirdest interviews I've had the displeasure of taking part in. Very strange company, if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. Just an overview of my skills and qualifications.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (Cupertino, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

first phone interview, then after a month another phone interview,
    this is a contract position, and i go through a middle tire contract/ agency company,
    Sempra is a good company and people work there are very kind and nice

Interview Questions

• What is AVEVA Electrical?
      Can you describe the process of AVEVA net working process   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (Cupertino, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

1, phone interview for background check and provide the pay rate,

2, video interview for the final interview
    3, tell me the salary and company address and my contractor for the first day

Interview Questions

• do you know AVEVA Electrical?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Downtown location, allow extra time to pass through their security at parking garage. The team I am interviewing are a Hispanic team. I am not fitting into the team culture. The company will move to new building next to Petco Park.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very intense; peer review with multiple interviewers
    Drug Test, check references, and DMV.
    Background checks, called around.
    Lots of very detailed technical questions.
    Also minor Medical examination.
    The company later reorganized and I got transferred to a new department with very different work.

Interview Questions

• What is referential Integrity   1 Answer

Negotiation

bargain for initial vacation and got it.