Sempra Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.9

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (Alexandria, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted professionally. They were prompt at the time for the 12:00 phone interview. The subjects covered were relevant and informative. It was interesting to hear about the wind industry and how much it can impact our usage of other types of energy that aren't as renewable. The position of Administrative Associate will allow me to see the Energy industry up close. I look forward to starting a career in this clean and renewable industry.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had taken time to research they're company.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy in January 2016.

Interview

Interview after 3 months of application submission.

The interviews was a panel of 4 people. Very intimidating and Everyone seemed very uptight and cold.

One lady even asked me the same question that had been asked 5 min before. They all just went down the line and looked at their sheet and asked their questions.

Even the atmosphere at this office was cold.

Interview Questions

• The questions seemed like they were from a template out of the Internet. There was a panel of 4 people. One question was "Describe the time you made a mistake at work, and how did you fix it if at all"   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy.

Interview

* They don't hire international student
    very awful. only one question:
    1. Do you need sponsor for working visa in the future?
    My answer: yes.
    Then recruiter said: I need discuss with someone..then just hang up the phone.

This is a very awful and unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you need sponsor for working visa in the future?   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and two weeks later received an email telling me that I was not qualified for the position and my application was no longer under consideration. About a week later, I received a call from someone at the company requesting a phone interview, which I thought was weird after the initial rejection, but I was excited to have the opportunity to learn more about the job and prove myself for the role. On the day we schedule the interview, she called me about 20 minutes late and one of the first things she said to me was, "You probably know more about this position than I do." Turns out she was just a random person who works for Sempra, but has nothing to do with HR or the position I was interviewing for. So, she asked me some basic questions, said she would pass my answers on to HR (not sure why the HR staff weren't the ones doing this interview in the first place) and they would contact me in a few days. A week later, I still haven't heard from them and doubt that I ever will...not that I mind. This was one of the weirdest interviews I've had the displeasure of taking part in. Very strange company, if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. Just an overview of my skills and qualifications.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Downtown location, allow extra time to pass through their security at parking garage. The team I am interviewing are a Hispanic team. I am not fitting into the team culture. The company will move to new building next to Petco Park.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

HR phone call followed by hiring manager(s) interview(s), and final with HR. Recruiter provided a lot of info up front re the company, salary, the role, the team members, etc. **Be prepared for even the first HR phone screen to include situation specific behavioral questions, so have examples at the ready. Whole process from application took 2 1/2 months. Software portion of the testing (PSI) included Intermediate Excel, Word and PP, but not Outlook. HR Staffing seems understaffed.

Interview Questions

• A question re something you have done SO many times. So beside preparing examples for the tough questions or to show major accomplishments, prepare a few for the more voluminous tasks you do.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (San Diego, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Interview process consisted of initial phone interview with HR, 1:1 interview with Hiring Manager, & behavorial interview with HR.

Hiring manager did not take the time to review my resume before the interview. It was obvious that he was asking random questions and not listening to my answers in order to give him time to read my resume. Hiring manager was rude & made it seem like the interview was a waste of his time. Interaction with HR was positive.

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy in October 2009.

Interview

Had phone screen with hiring manager, followed by face to face interviews with team. Interview took all day. Everyone was very knowledgeable and friendly.