Sempra Energy Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

In person interview with a panel. Field questions from all panel members in addition to a practical test in MS Excel. Lots of background check, drug screening and others. Very brief, as long as you answer their questions without going off the point

Interview Questions

• Previous experience using specific software   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very intense; peer review with multiple interviewers
    Drug Test, check references, and DMV.
    Background checks, called around.
    Lots of very detailed technical questions.
    Also minor Medical examination.
    The company later reorganized and I got transferred to a new department with very different work.

Interview Questions

• What is referential Integrity   1 Answer

Negotiation

bargain for initial vacation and got it.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sempra Energy (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

The whole experience was very pleasant and professional. This is a large company with a well defined org structure. So, all the details such as job description, salary range, reporting structure and career growth possibilities were clear.
      I offered details on my previous job and my skills during the interview. The process went very well as I was able to demonstrate the outputs in a short and concise format.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate SQL, Excel, any programming language and relevant skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You know the limits the company can offer you based on their rigid structure. Ask for other benefits such as vacation, relocation, work from home etc.