SendGrid Interview Questions in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

Interviews at SendGrid

2.3

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid (Irvine, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The position was entry level and I went through a total of four rounds:

First Round was a 30 min screening round with the recruiter. Basic HR questions around my background and experience so far, why I was interested in the position, whether I would be able to commute, etc. He had informed me that I would be going to the next round, and sent a mail later the same day.

Second round was a couple days later on-call for 30 min with the manager I would be working with. A few basic technical questions (experience with NoSQL databases, how does a JOIN work) and some background related. He gave me the last 15 min to go over any questions that I might have. Got an email confirmation for the next round the same day.

Third round was the next week with a technical interview on video call with the Principal DBA. A lot of questions around databases and MySQL, but nothing too difficult or that I couldn't answer.

Fourth round was in the office another week later. I talked to four people individually one after the other. The first was a talent manager from the Boulder, CO office, second was with the Senior DBA, third was with the manager I had talked to in round 2 and the last was the the Principal DBA from round 3. The interviews with the DBAs were technical.

I was informed a few weeks later that they had moved ahead with a different candidate.

I would say my overall experience was quite good. Everyone I spoke to was polite and courteous.

Interview Questions

• How does a table join work?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question
    • What is something you said at work that you regretted and how would you have changed it if you could have?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when you have a bad day at work?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SendGrid (Irvine, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Fully behavioral on-campus interview at UCI. Asked me questions about things on my resume, and basic questions like how I would work in a team if I disagreed with someone.

Interview Questions

• If you disagreed with someone, how would you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SendGrid (Irvine, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

In-person behavioral interview. Got asked questions about my experience in software development. Didn't have the experience needed, but overall a good interview process. Should be easy with some development experience