SendGrid Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA | Glassdoor

Interviews at SendGrid

2.0

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid (Redwood City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One of the most political company I have ever interviewed with. They say that they 4H (honesty, hungry, humble etc) but I don't think that these guys have any integrity. They maintain double standards when you are interviewing in CA vs Denver. Two of my friends also interviewed at sendgrid (CA) and like me both were offered a role less than their current role even though we are overly qualified for the position. CEO of the company is interested in having a development team in Bay area but the Denver team (who would do your interviews) will ensure that you will get a role less than what you currently are by stating extremely lame reasons so that you would reject the offer. Even their own recruiter is frustrated about this as there had several rejections of offers due the Denver team's strategy of giving lesser roles. Their interviews are extremely easy at least for me. The fact that they have no engineers in bay area is a clear assertion of my conclusion. I just want to bring this to their CEO's attention so that he can take proper steps to address the problem.

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SendGrid (Redwood City, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online, in house recruiter came back within the same week. Phone screening lasted 15 minutes. After asking basic questions on why I wanted to leave my present position and whether I would be able to telecommute the recruiter described some perks and benefits and asked me about salary requirements. When I asked back what they are offering for this position the recruiter said that she cannot name the actual salary range off the top of her head. When reminded that the new state law requires employers to disclose salary offered, she said: But I'm not saying No! I just don't recall the numbers!

After this the recruiter promised to find out and call back immediately and of course never did.

I cannot say if that is indeed the case of an in house recruiter honestly not knowing the salary range for a position, which is highly unprofessional; or if that is a deliberate attempt to evade the state law. In either case this is not a company I would want to work for.

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SendGrid (Redwood City, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I interview at RedWood Jan,2019, There are a Hire Manager Phone Interview, Engineer Phone Interview, 5 round Onsite Interview . onsite interview we had lunch with team together in office.

Interview Questions

• They Ask Medium algorithm question and I solved all problem, Since All Interviewer from India background , Even through I solved all algorithm question during Interview. They not give me offer without reason which totally waste my time. So Bad !!! They are not diversity company.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer - Multichannel Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid (Redwood City, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I had first round with hiring manager followed by evaluation process.You have to clear the detailed evaluation process for next round of interview.I was selected and invited to the Redwood City office for f2f interview .Firstly they were very welcoming ,as I stepped in the office there was a warmth in there,people were friendly and very attentive to the newbie,each one.I was interviewed back to back by 4 ,it lasted for 4-5 hourss. It was exhausting and very exciting to be there.Questions were technical as well as non technical.Good experience and felt a great place to work.
    Unfortunately I didn't get an offer however based on my 12+ years of exp in IT industry its definitely a great place to work,learn and grow.

Interview Questions

SendGrid Response

Feb 27, 2019 – Chief People Officer

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We love that it was a good one and hope that you'll continue to keep us in mind if other jobs become available that could be a... More