SendGrid Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SendGrid Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at SendGrid

2.5

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid in May 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR of company. The process is straightforward, which is a Phone interview and followed by an on site interview. Phone interview is just a process of knowing each other. Two engineer interviewed me during the on site interview. First one asked some general questions. For example, how to shuffle an array (programming) and some other OOP concepts such as difference between instance and class, what is constructor, inheritance, abstract class, pure virtual function. The second engineer asked retrieve several email lists from different url and return what email address occurs multiple time in these url. The email address are stored in the JASON format in the urls. I used a python package to retrieve the information. Everything goes very well during the interview.
I solved the problem very quickly and was told by the HR that the decision will be made in a week.
However, I was declined a month later after sending couple emails to the HR.

Other Interview Reviews for SendGrid

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

First recruiter called and after introduction interview over phone, he said that he like to arrange an on site interview for me.
    I went to Anaheim office and there two employee interviewed me.
    First interview was very general questions of do you know this do you know that plus one simple programming question which i needed to write on the board (binary search on an array).
    Second was another simple programming question on the board plus an database design with ER diagrams.
    The feedback process is slow. although they told me that they will inform me in 2 days, it took them 10 days to tell me about decision and took me 3 emails asking "did you make your decision?" and geting the reply "sorry it will be finalize within 2 days" every time

Interview Questions

• Non programming questions like what is sql injection, which I barely could remember.
      Programming questions were simple:
        1. binary search
        2. finding weather or not there are two numbers in a given array that their sum is equal to a given value.   Answer Question