Sendero Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sendero Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Sendero

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The people all seemed very nice. The culture seemed amazing. That being said when I met for the interview I was expected to have some give and take and learning on both sides. Instead they asked some questions and wrote down notes on a piece of paper behind a folder they were holding up. It was awkward and not fitting the culture that I was expecting from employees and information gathered.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sendero

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process is quite robust and not unlike other major players in the industry. I applied by giving my resume to a recruiter at my school's career fair, and was emailed shortly after to complete a full application through an online portal. Following this, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview with a current manager at one of their offices. This phone interview lasted roughly 45 minutes, and was primarily behavioral questions.
    The next day, I received an invitation to their Dallas office for a final round of interviews. Sendero paid for a night at a very nice Dallas hotel, and had current analysts take myself and two other candidates to dinner the night before the interview day. This was a relaxing meal and a chance to get a feel for personality fit, as well as to engage with some of the other candidates. The next day, I had two interviews with managers and an interview with a senior partner. These were, again, mostly behavioral questions. With one of the managers, we also did a short 10 minute case study. Nothing too aggressive, and more of a way to test critical thinking skills. The Senior Partner was more of a chat about Sendero's structure, values, and goals. After all of this, Sendero had a current first year associate take me to lunch for a final decompress and chance to talk to a more recent hire about the process as well as their experiences so far. I heard back after three weeks regarding their final decision. Overall, this was a long, but very positive, experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time where you disagreed with a coworker or teammate.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sendero in February 2014.

Interview

After a skype interview, I flew to Dallas for my second round of interviews with Sendero. The questions were mostly behavioral and were two one-on-one interviews with managers. A few weeks later I came back for a final round which was almost identical to the second round except for the partner interview, which was mostly an overview of the values and components of the firm and specifics of the jobs. I also was taken to a very nice lunch with a current associate. The whole process was very welcoming and relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you expected problems and created preventative measures to avoid conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting salary is GREAT for associates and benefits are awesome. Negotiation isn't really in the cards for this starting position and there isn't much I was disappointed with.

Associate Interview

Interview

Emailed cover letter and resume to HR, then was asked to complete an online application. Was contacted 5 days after completing app to schedule a phone interview. After phone interview, was asked to do a web interview. Interview style is atypical: only ask you three main questions, so make sure your answers are very good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time:
      -thrust into an unfamiliar role or position
      -worked hard and succeeded
      -took action even though it wasn't your responsibility
      -a time consuming tasks arose and you had to complete it quickly   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Attended career fair on campus and was invited to apply online after the career fair (this is like first round so leave a good impression at career fair to be invited).

A week later was invited for next round: two 1:1 interviews (plus writing excerpt) on my campus, 45 minutes each asking a series of behavior based, why consulting and why Sendero questions.

After a week I was invited for a final round interview in Dallas at their brand new office:

(Before the Interview day you are invited to a dinner with some associates and other candidates.)

Interview day:

> Manager Round: Behavioral based interview focusing on fit into their culture.
    > Senior Manager Round: Behavior based interview and a case portion (given 10 minutes to evaluate and formulate an analysis).
    > Partner Round: Basic explanation of Sendero's culture and to see if you are a good fit.

(Following the three rounds, you have a 1:1 lunch with an analyst testing your ability to hold a conversation and test your fit with company culture.)

If you haven't gotten it from the process above, this company cares a lot about culture and fit. So do your best to be yourself (genuine) and be relatable because that is what makes the people at Sendero great.

Interview Questions

• A ton of behavior based questions, make sure to have concrete examples ready that will showcase your work ethic, integrity and leadership abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Application on campus, phone interview with scenario questions from past experiences, then in-person on campus interview with the same types of questions and a writing sample that was basically drafting an email about a late project to a Manager. The final interview was in the office in Dallas. They invited me down the night before, and I had dinner with a couple of other applicants and a couple of lower level employees. The next morning, I had 3 interviews. The first was with is a higher level employee, and it also consisted doing a consulting diagram scenario, and then the scenario questions again. Next, was an interview with a Partner, which was mostly the partner telling me about the company and its culture. Lastly, was an informal lunch with a lower level employee.

My only critique about the interview process is that the company is not transparent enough about its hiring and compensation package. They focus a lot of the company culture, job descriptions, and management, but there's no discussion of compensation until the offer letter. The salary is really low, especially for a downtown Dallas consulting firm. They seem to have a good health insurance plan and PTO though. Overall, if you're not worried about money, it seems a decent job in a friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to make a decision for a group.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you encountered a problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a lot of projects and how you managed your time.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

I was a campus recruit and went through a pretty extensive interview process. All in all it was 3 rounds and I met about 10 people at the company along the way. Everyone is really invested in sharing what the company is about and what your role will be. They had amazing transparency throughout the entire process. There is a case study but it is not super challenging.

Interview Questions

• General tell us about yourself, what led you to consulting, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

I started with a phone interview after I spoke with a representative at my universities career fair. After the phone interview, I continued with an on-campus interview that included a writing sample. The final round of interviewing was in Dallas at their office. They had a group of us go to dinner the night before, and then we went through a series of interviews the next day. This also included a case study.

Interview Questions

• Most the questions were behavior questions. For Example, explain a time that you were in a difficult situation or how you got through a certain process.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero in March 2017.

Interview

There were essentially three actual interviews with people from the company prior to offers being given. Before you get to a first round/HR screen with Sendero, you have to meet with a recruiter at the career fair and then be sent an application via email if they think you may be a fit. After filling the application out, it took at most a week before I heard back from the company requesting that I schedule a phone call. First interview is mostly about your background/resume and a few behavioral questions. It didn't take too long before I heard back to schedule an on-campus interview, which consisted of an in-person interview that is part "get to know you" and part behavioral alongside a writing sample portion. After the second interview, it took about a day before an email about final round interviews and a night-prior dinner was sent out. The final interviews consist of two back-to-back meetings with a principal/sr. manager and a partner. This is followed by a lunch with an analyst.

Overall, a very quick process and not too stressful. It was fun getting to talk to people from the company. Recruiting/HR also respond very quickly, which was awesome.

Interview Questions

• You will be presented with a business situation and asked to do an activity with the information provided. It was basically a small case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

After hearing about the company from a friend, I emailed my resume and a cover letter to the recruiting email found on the company's website. About a week later, I received an email asking me to complete an application. Two days after I submitted my application, I was asked to do a phone interview, which consisted mostly of behavioral questions. About two weeks later, I was asked to do a Skype interview, which was very similar to the first interview. Following that, the company invited me out to their office in Dallas for a final round of interviews. I had breakfast with a current Associate, and then I was taken to the office for two interviews - a small case study with a manager and a final interview with a partner, emphasizing culture fit. After my office visit, I did not hear back and receive my offer for another 3 weeks, which was the only negative aspect of the interview process. Overall, I had a very enjoyable experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • What are the pros/cons of a small management consulting firm? Large consulting firms?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the most challenging aspects of consulting?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when...
      -you failed
      -you diagnosed a problem incorrectly
      -you led a team or meeting
      -you had to work with someone who had differing views
      -you had to resolve conflict   Answer Question