Sendero Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

-Meet and greet the night before career fair
-Quick interview at career fair where I handed them my resume
Heard back a few days after career fair and got asked to submit my resume online. After submitting my application, I got asked to do a phone interview with a manager. The next step was an on campus interview with a senior manager. The next step was an in office round of interviews. This step included a lunch and dinner with an employee.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sendero

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

After talking at a career fair, I was invited to do a phone interview and then a second round Skype interview. Moving on to the final round, I was invited to dinner the night before the interview with some current associates. For the final round, I was interviewed in the office by two higher-ups in the company. I was also taken to lunch nearby with another current associate. I found the interviews to be mostly a matter of getting to know you and your resume, but also there was a small case study. My only complaint was the lack of prompt communication by the HR department.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero in March 2017.

Interview

There were essentially three actual interviews with people from the company prior to offers being given. Before you get to a first round/HR screen with Sendero, you have to meet with a recruiter at the career fair and then be sent an application via email if they think you may be a fit. After filling the application out, it took at most a week before I heard back from the company requesting that I schedule a phone call. First interview is mostly about your background/resume and a few behavioral questions. It didn't take too long before I heard back to schedule an on-campus interview, which consisted of an in-person interview that is part "get to know you" and part behavioral alongside a writing sample portion. After the second interview, it took about a day before an email about final round interviews and a night-prior dinner was sent out. The final interviews consist of two back-to-back meetings with a principal/sr. manager and a partner. This is followed by a lunch with an analyst.

Overall, a very quick process and not too stressful. It was fun getting to talk to people from the company. Recruiting/HR also respond very quickly, which was awesome.

Interview Questions

• You will be presented with a business situation and asked to do an activity with the information provided. It was basically a small case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I interviewed through campus hiring. One round of on campus interviews, one super day in Dallas. All in all a very good experiences of getting to know people at the firm from the associate to partner level. Mostly behavioral with one small case.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple tasks at one time?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university career page and was told to talk to company representatives at the career fair. After the career fair, I was sent an application form via email. I then had two on-campus interviews. I received an email inviting me to an office visit. I had a dinner the night before, an interview with a manager, an interview with a partner, and finally a lunch with an analyst.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your team failed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a long process. The firm puts a lot of work into their recruiting process to make sure you are a good fit for the company. I was able to meet employees from the associates to partners during the process. Overall, I felt that it was a fair process.

Interview Questions

• There is a non-traditional case study during the final round interview.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

Talked with an employee at a campus career fair, was invited to apply to the company. Passed the application and had two interviews and a writing sample on campus. Passed that phase and was invited to interview at the HQ in Dallas along with a casual dinner the night before the interview with a few younger employees of the company (<2years).

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions about behaviors/personality/interests.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Two on campus interviews on consecutive days, a dinner with three associates or analysts, one office interview with a principal, lunch with an associate or analyst, one office interview with a partner. Everyone made me feel very at ease so I was comfortable being myself

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to balance a lot of items on your agenda   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sendero in February 2014.

Interview

After a skype interview, I flew to Dallas for my second round of interviews with Sendero. The questions were mostly behavioral and were two one-on-one interviews with managers. A few weeks later I came back for a final round which was almost identical to the second round except for the partner interview, which was mostly an overview of the values and components of the firm and specifics of the jobs. I also was taken to a very nice lunch with a current associate. The whole process was very welcoming and relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you expected problems and created preventative measures to avoid conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting salary is GREAT for associates and benefits are awesome. Negotiation isn't really in the cards for this starting position and there isn't much I was disappointed with.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process is mainly focused on behavioral interviews, with a strong focus on thought processes and approaches to problem solving. There is no case study, but instead a series of questions designed to give the interviewer insight into your overall attitude, temperament, and how you approach working in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed at something, and how you fixed it.   Answer Question