Sendero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sendero Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a long process. The firm puts a lot of work into their recruiting process to make sure you are a good fit for the company. I was able to meet employees from the associates to partners during the process. Overall, I felt that it was a fair process.

Interview Questions

• There is a non-traditional case study during the final round interview.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The process begins with an informal meet and greet such as at a pastry shop. You'll meet with a member of the team of your rank or level of experience and it's more of an open discussion. This seems to be more to tell if you're a fit for the "culture" though I would imagine that if you do a poor job talking to your experience (i.e. elevator speech) that too could disqualify.

Should mutual interest be established at this session, you'll then be brought in for in person interviews with a handful of Senior Managers and eventually a member of the executive team. This can happen over the course of 1 interview (multiple hours) or be broken into 2 2 hour interviews often with a dinner / lunch on the end of the last interview.

If you're telling the truth and have the experience you claim you do on your resume or have talked about previously with Sendero, you will find the in office interview(s) manageable. I'm not going to call this easy though, I was quite well prepared and still found myself having to take a pause on a couple of occasions before responding to questions asked by a couple of interviewers in particular.

That said, even as you're grilled (yes, there is one interviewer who pushes to the point he has a reputation for it) you can tell the interviewer wants you to succeed. Don't let the pressure applied throw you off track in your responses and you'll see

Lastly, I can't stress enough how important each and every interaction is. Do not take your initial informal interview lightly and do not take the dinner / lunch lightly should you be fortunate enough to make it that far. On the surface these seem like nice to haves but, they too matter.

Interview Questions

• They will ask some questions about your experience but, really seem most interested in how you solve problems. I'm not giving away the farm here as I want the process to remain effective but, the behavioral aspect of this will outweigh the in-depth technical stuff that really should be more table stakes in a consulting interview anyways.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a series of four interview. Two on-campus and Two at the job site. When you went to Dallas, you met for dinner the first night and then the second morning you had an interview, lunch and then one more interview. Overall it wasn't too taxing but it really did make you think and challenge you. It can be a bit overwhelming though, they ask you typical consulting questions, but they also focus a lot on personal questions. Fitting the culture there is very important to the company.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process is correctly described on their website. First, is an informal coffee. Second, is two behavioral interviews and finally, there is one more behavioral interview and a fit interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult decision you have made.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you used feedback to make a positive change.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a change in one department and it affected another department.   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • What is a project you see yourself working on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Initial networking "coffee" took place (sort of the "Gatekeeper" meeting), followed by a face-to-face meeting with 2 members of the management team. This process took about 2-weeks. Was brought back for a final round of 2 interviews, one with a manager and the final with a partner. In between those two interviews there was a lunch with an employee. The whole process took about 6-weeks start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What is the thing you are most passionate about?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I had an on campus interview, phone interview and on site interview for the company. Everyone was extremely kind. The majority of the questions were behavioral. During the campus interview I was asked to write about what type of candy bar I would be which was a fun difference from most interviews. The site interview included a dinner the night before, lunch and then a one on one interview with a few people in the company.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions were behavioral. A couple of their younger consultants take the group on interviewees out for dinner the night before the on site interview to any questions. This was slightly awkward and no one was sure how it played into the interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Thorough process that involved:

1. Coffee/Gatekeeper session - Allowed me to meet with a Sendero to see if it was a good fit to move to the next stage
    2. Office Interview 1st Round - Interviewed with Manager and Senior Managers, only behavioral and professional situation/experience questions. No case interview.
    3. Office Interview 2nd Round - Interviewed with Principals and CEO, only behavioral and professional situation/experience questions. No case interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you made a mistake? How did you mitigate the issue and reassure the client?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Typical College Hire Interview Process:
    Career Fair interaction
    Application
    Phone Interview
    On Campus Interview
    Office Visit (Dinner night before with lower level employees, two interviews with higher level employees, and a lunch between interviews with one lower level employee)

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions, as well as more getting to know you as a person and what you are passionate about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process is mainly focused on behavioral interviews, with a strong focus on thought processes and approaches to problem solving. There is no case study, but instead a series of questions designed to give the interviewer insight into your overall attitude, temperament, and how you approach working in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed at something, and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Two on campus interviews on consecutive days, a dinner with three associates or analysts, one office interview with a principal, lunch with an associate or analyst, one office interview with a partner. Everyone made me feel very at ease so I was comfortable being myself

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to balance a lot of items on your agenda   Answer Question