Sendero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sendero Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2017

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a long process. The firm puts a lot of work into their recruiting process to make sure you are a good fit for the company. I was able to meet employees from the associates to partners during the process. Overall, I felt that it was a fair process.

Interview Questions

• There is a non-traditional case study during the final round interview.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The process begins with an informal meet and greet such as at a pastry shop. You'll meet with a member of the team of your rank or level of experience and it's more of an open discussion. This seems to be more to tell if you're a fit for the "culture" though I would imagine that if you do a poor job talking to your experience (i.e. elevator speech) that too could disqualify.

Should mutual interest be established at this session, you'll then be brought in for in person interviews with a handful of Senior Managers and eventually a member of the executive team. This can happen over the course of 1 interview (multiple hours) or be broken into 2 2 hour interviews often with a dinner / lunch on the end of the last interview.

If you're telling the truth and have the experience you claim you do on your resume or have talked about previously with Sendero, you will find the in office interview(s) manageable. I'm not going to call this easy though, I was quite well prepared and still found myself having to take a pause on a couple of occasions before responding to questions asked by a couple of interviewers in particular.

That said, even as you're grilled (yes, there is one interviewer who pushes to the point he has a reputation for it) you can tell the interviewer wants you to succeed. Don't let the pressure applied throw you off track in your responses and you'll see

Lastly, I can't stress enough how important each and every interaction is. Do not take your initial informal interview lightly and do not take the dinner / lunch lightly should you be fortunate enough to make it that far. On the surface these seem like nice to haves but, they too matter.

Interview Questions

• They will ask some questions about your experience but, really seem most interested in how you solve problems. I'm not giving away the farm here as I want the process to remain effective but, the behavioral aspect of this will outweigh the in-depth technical stuff that really should be more table stakes in a consulting interview anyways.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a series of four interview. Two on-campus and Two at the job site. When you went to Dallas, you met for dinner the first night and then the second morning you had an interview, lunch and then one more interview. Overall it wasn't too taxing but it really did make you think and challenge you. It can be a bit overwhelming though, they ask you typical consulting questions, but they also focus a lot on personal questions. Fitting the culture there is very important to the company.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process is correctly described on their website. First, is an informal coffee. Second, is two behavioral interviews and finally, there is one more behavioral interview and a fit interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult decision you have made.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you used feedback to make a positive change.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a change in one department and it affected another department.   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • What is a project you see yourself working on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Initial networking "coffee" took place (sort of the "Gatekeeper" meeting), followed by a face-to-face meeting with 2 members of the management team. This process took about 2-weeks. Was brought back for a final round of 2 interviews, one with a manager and the final with a partner. In between those two interviews there was a lunch with an employee. The whole process took about 6-weeks start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What is the thing you are most passionate about?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I had an on campus interview, phone interview and on site interview for the company. Everyone was extremely kind. The majority of the questions were behavioral. During the campus interview I was asked to write about what type of candy bar I would be which was a fun difference from most interviews. The site interview included a dinner the night before, lunch and then a one on one interview with a few people in the company.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions were behavioral. A couple of their younger consultants take the group on interviewees out for dinner the night before the on site interview to any questions. This was slightly awkward and no one was sure how it played into the interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Informal coffee with a current analyst employee, then a lunch with another analyst and a two hour in office behavioral interview with two managers, then a final in office interview with a manager and partner.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were behavioral questions, so have plenty of scenarios of your past experience ready. While they were all reasonable questions, it's about 4 hours worth total, so I started running out of examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

After hearing about the company from a friend, I emailed my resume and a cover letter to the recruiting email found on the company's website. About a week later, I received an email asking me to complete an application. Two days after I submitted my application, I was asked to do a phone interview, which consisted mostly of behavioral questions. About two weeks later, I was asked to do a Skype interview, which was very similar to the first interview. Following that, the company invited me out to their office in Dallas for a final round of interviews. I had breakfast with a current Associate, and then I was taken to the office for two interviews - a small case study with a manager and a final interview with a partner, emphasizing culture fit. After my office visit, I did not hear back and receive my offer for another 3 weeks, which was the only negative aspect of the interview process. Overall, I had a very enjoyable experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • What are the pros/cons of a small management consulting firm? Large consulting firms?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the most challenging aspects of consulting?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when...
      -you failed
      -you diagnosed a problem incorrectly
      -you led a team or meeting
      -you had to work with someone who had differing views
      -you had to resolve conflict   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with a resume drop/application at college career fair, then a short phone interview, then on-campus interview and writing sample, last round was a final interview consisting of an office tour, a simple case study, and a partner interview. I heard back about a week later

Interview Questions

• If you could be a consultant for any company, who would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Consists of two main interview days where you interview with various managers, senior managers, and partners. On the final interview, you're invited to an office visit that includes lunch with a current associate. Everyone is very helpful and wants to make you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced conflict on a team and how you handled it.   Answer Question