Sendero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sendero Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Process took approximately 4 weeks. First round is an informal chat at a coffee shop. Second round is a behavioral interview with potential co-workers / associates. The final round of interviews is a meeting with a principal consultant and a partner, along with a dinner / lunch-in. Very enjoyable experience, very friendly / professional people.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you had to coordinate the efforts of others.   1 Answer
    • Give us an example of a time you were in an unfamiliar role and what you did to overcome it.   1 Answer
    • Give us an example of a time you anticipated problems in your workplace and steps you took to mitigate them.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university career page and was told to talk to company representatives at the career fair. After the career fair, I was sent an application form via email. I then had two on-campus interviews. I received an email inviting me to an office visit. I had a dinner the night before, an interview with a manager, an interview with a partner, and finally a lunch with an analyst.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your team failed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I interviewed through campus hiring. One round of on campus interviews, one super day in Dallas. All in all a very good experiences of getting to know people at the firm from the associate to partner level. Mostly behavioral with one small case.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple tasks at one time?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sendero (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a quick 30-min phone-screen interview with the HR recruiter. The recruiter was very intelligent and easy going. The interview questions were fairly generic on my background. Though they did not give any reason to not move forward with me; I am sure if I work with Sendero team for few hours; they would not have any problem recommending me to hire me.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero in March 2017.

Interview

There were essentially three actual interviews with people from the company prior to offers being given. Before you get to a first round/HR screen with Sendero, you have to meet with a recruiter at the career fair and then be sent an application via email if they think you may be a fit. After filling the application out, it took at most a week before I heard back from the company requesting that I schedule a phone call. First interview is mostly about your background/resume and a few behavioral questions. It didn't take too long before I heard back to schedule an on-campus interview, which consisted of an in-person interview that is part "get to know you" and part behavioral alongside a writing sample portion. After the second interview, it took about a day before an email about final round interviews and a night-prior dinner was sent out. The final interviews consist of two back-to-back meetings with a principal/sr. manager and a partner. This is followed by a lunch with an analyst.

Overall, a very quick process and not too stressful. It was fun getting to talk to people from the company. Recruiting/HR also respond very quickly, which was awesome.

Interview Questions

• You will be presented with a business situation and asked to do an activity with the information provided. It was basically a small case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The people all seemed very nice. The culture seemed amazing. That being said when I met for the interview I was expected to have some give and take and learning on both sides. Instead they asked some questions and wrote down notes on a piece of paper behind a folder they were holding up. It was awkward and not fitting the culture that I was expecting from employees and information gathered.

Analyst Or Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

After filling out an application I was invited in for a two hour interview. Everyone was very nice and but there were two very strange aspects of the process.
    1) They decided what position I was qualified for after the interview....I didn't know which position I was interviewing for.
    2) Two weeks after the interview I still hadn't heard anything...later that week I check my mail and they had sent me my rejection letter via snail mail....up until that point all communication had been via email and phone...

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a CRM application? Begin with how you would choose the software through implementation.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sendero in February 2014.

Interview

After a skype interview, I flew to Dallas for my second round of interviews with Sendero. The questions were mostly behavioral and were two one-on-one interviews with managers. A few weeks later I came back for a final round which was almost identical to the second round except for the partner interview, which was mostly an overview of the values and components of the firm and specifics of the jobs. I also was taken to a very nice lunch with a current associate. The whole process was very welcoming and relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you expected problems and created preventative measures to avoid conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting salary is GREAT for associates and benefits are awesome. Negotiation isn't really in the cards for this starting position and there isn't much I was disappointed with.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

The interview process starts by going to coffee with a Sendero employee. This person just chats with you and then gives a recommendation for if you should come in for an interview. If recommended, you will come into the office for a series of interviews. I had two.

Interview Questions

• The interview involved questions on general consulting skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

Resume collected at university career fair. Email notification of interview offer. One round of two back-to-back 15-minute interviews on campus with two employees at the manager level or above. Mostly behavioral questions with some specific references to previous work or leadership experiences. Written offer emailed several weeks following the interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.