Sendero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sendero Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Process took approximately 4 weeks. First round is an informal chat at a coffee shop. Second round is a behavioral interview with potential co-workers / associates. The final round of interviews is a meeting with a principal consultant and a partner, along with a dinner / lunch-in. Very enjoyable experience, very friendly / professional people.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you had to coordinate the efforts of others.   1 Answer
    • Give us an example of a time you were in an unfamiliar role and what you did to overcome it.   1 Answer
    • Give us an example of a time you anticipated problems in your workplace and steps you took to mitigate them.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university career page and was told to talk to company representatives at the career fair. After the career fair, I was sent an application form via email. I then had two on-campus interviews. I received an email inviting me to an office visit. I had a dinner the night before, an interview with a manager, an interview with a partner, and finally a lunch with an analyst.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your team failed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I interviewed through campus hiring. One round of on campus interviews, one super day in Dallas. All in all a very good experiences of getting to know people at the firm from the associate to partner level. Mostly behavioral with one small case.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple tasks at one time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The people all seemed very nice. The culture seemed amazing. That being said when I met for the interview I was expected to have some give and take and learning on both sides. Instead they asked some questions and wrote down notes on a piece of paper behind a folder they were holding up. It was awkward and not fitting the culture that I was expecting from employees and information gathered.

Analyst Or Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

After filling out an application I was invited in for a two hour interview. Everyone was very nice and but there were two very strange aspects of the process.
    1) They decided what position I was qualified for after the interview....I didn't know which position I was interviewing for.
    2) Two weeks after the interview I still hadn't heard anything...later that week I check my mail and they had sent me my rejection letter via snail mail....up until that point all communication had been via email and phone...

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a CRM application? Begin with how you would choose the software through implementation.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sendero in February 2014.

Interview

After a skype interview, I flew to Dallas for my second round of interviews with Sendero. The questions were mostly behavioral and were two one-on-one interviews with managers. A few weeks later I came back for a final round which was almost identical to the second round except for the partner interview, which was mostly an overview of the values and components of the firm and specifics of the jobs. I also was taken to a very nice lunch with a current associate. The whole process was very welcoming and relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you expected problems and created preventative measures to avoid conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting salary is GREAT for associates and benefits are awesome. Negotiation isn't really in the cards for this starting position and there isn't much I was disappointed with.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

The interview process starts by going to coffee with a Sendero employee. This person just chats with you and then gives a recommendation for if you should come in for an interview. If recommended, you will come into the office for a series of interviews. I had two.

Interview Questions

• The interview involved questions on general consulting skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

Resume collected at university career fair. Email notification of interview offer. One round of two back-to-back 15-minute interviews on campus with two employees at the manager level or above. Mostly behavioral questions with some specific references to previous work or leadership experiences. Written offer emailed several weeks following the interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sendero in February 2015.

Interview

Met at career fair where an employee, someone a couple years out of school, and I chatted for a couple of minutes. Handing in a resume was the beginning of their application process. I got an email a week later with a full application to fill out. Sent that application in and scheduled a phone interview.

The phone interview was only "tell me about a time when..." questions. It was with someone a bit older than the person from the career fair. They wanted to know how I handled conflict with peers and supervisors, a when I had to learn something, and a time I had to be persuasive. I didn't think I did too well, but I got an email moving me on to the second stage, an on-campus interview.

The on campus interview was with a manager (maybe 8-10 years out of school?) and was much of the same "tell me about a time when..." stuff. Again, they asked about handling conflict and also about working on teams and being a leader. There was time for some q&a. There was also a short writing component.

A week later I got an email saying I wasn't advanced to the next, and I think last, stage, an office interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle conflict/lead a team/ be persuasive/ etc.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

First a Networking Introduction at an off site location that then was followed by multiple office visits. At each office visit they conducted multiple interviews by various levels of resources within the company. There was also a lunch style interview as well.

Interview Questions

• How have you coached / developed a under performing resource?   Answer Question