Seneca Family of Agencies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (San Leandro, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to schedule an on site interview a week later. Interview was a group interview with six other people applying for either the same or a different position. Interview was pretty laid back and mostly situational. Didn't seem like there was too much pressure. Everyone gave similar answers to questions but put their own twist on it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if it was your first day and one of the children calls you a bitch?   Answer Question

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

This interview was several years ago. First we had a group interview around a table, where a person from HR asked us questions -- I only ended up answering two or three questions total. Then I was called back for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about having to learn how to safely restrain clients? How do you feel about the possibility of getting bitten or kicked by a child?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (San Leandro, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Someone called me for a phone interview and to schedule a group interview. There were 2 others at the interview. I was contacted later that week for the interactive portion, where you are suppose to interact with the kids. After that there was another interview with 2 people from that site where they asked how the interactive went and similar questions to the group interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of behaviors did you notice in the classroom, how the counselor handled it, and how you would have handled it differently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Oakland, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had one interview then got called for a second interview . First interview was a group interview. Second interview was with 2 directors. First you interview with HR then you have your interview at the location you wish to work at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Hayward, CA).

Interview

From what I heard, there are three parts of the interview process. I only went up to stage two. The first stage was that you get called in to be in a GROUP interview. I was with three other girls, from different ages and education background. We were interviewed by two other recruiters. The recruiters would say you get to choose whether you want to answer or not. But honestly, you have to answer because then they're just staring at you and waiting for your answer. The recruiters that interviewed me would ask the questions WAY too fast, so when you're trying to articulate an answer, they're already writing their notes, which makes no sense because I haven't said anything yet. Honestly, it just looked like both recruiters weren't excited to do the interviews. For the next interview, they ask you to bring two resumes. I met with the district director that would finalize whether I get hired or not. Honestly, the interview was a waste of my time. They literally asked only two questions and that's it. It was again two recruiters and the only one asked the two questions. And the other district director was just staring at me and again seemed like she was not interested. It's been 2 weeks now from that interview, and they STILL haven't contacted me to at least reject me or accept me. The hiring process just takes too long. I'm really disappointed, I was extremely excited to work here.

Seneca Family of Agencies Response

Sep 1, 2017 – Digital Communications Manager

Thank you for the feedback! I apologize for your experience. It is very important to our team that we respond to each applicant, regardless of the outcome. I am more than happy to discuss your... More

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies.

Interview

Basic interview, mostly with questions about skills/background and reason for being interested in the position. They also asked some situational questions (e.g. how would you handle a typical challenging scenario that is likely to come up if you are hired). A good portion of the interview was also dedicated to explaining the position and its benefits, location possibilities, etc. In general, the interview process seemed very standardized/formalized and the interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a complex situation in which you are dealing with multiple competing (and complex) demands on your attention while you are working in a "front desk" role at a Seneca office? (the question itself was slightly more specific than that...they actually presented a hypothetical scenario, but I don't remember the exact details of it)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Berkeley, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week later for a quick phone screening. During that screening I was asked one question and it was why Seneca? I answered the question and later was asked to go to a group interview. After that interview, you have an interview with the program directors and they ask you about 5 questions and if answered well they move on to an interactive interview.

The interactive interview is good, you get to see the environment you work in and how your co-workers would handle certain situations. If you get intimidated easily I can assure you the job is not going to work.

I have heard wonderful things about Seneca and hope to hear from them soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave feedback to someone in a superior role than you.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies.

Interview

Really vague what you're interviewing for. There is a phone screen, group interview, and then if you're selected you will be bounced around from program to program not 100% sure what you're even interviewing for at a certain point.

Youth Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Oakland, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

First there was a group interview. There were around 10 people and they asked questions. We all had to answer every question (make sure to answer first sometimes and in the middle at other times to show team work). It was not too stressful because you could listen to others answers first and build on them if you did not know what to say right away. Then there was an individual interview. The whole process took around a month.

Interview Questions

• If you were to go to a clients house and it felt very dangerous, would you go in?   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Oakland, CA).

Interview

I went through their first round which was the group interview and I thought it was chill (very conversational and everyone got to speak up) until they told us that there were other candidates way ahead of us in the process and they were already deciding on making an offer. Felt like I wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Same exact question as the previous reviewers regarding how to prioritize multiple tasks at once. How do you keep yourself organized? What computer programs are you familiar with? What would your boss/supervisor or mentor say are your strengths and weaknesses? Describe a time when you handled a major conflict and what you learned from it? How would you handle a situation where a client/person was angry with you (or something of that matter)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

Got a phone call, scheduled a group interview, then had a 2nd interview which had me go to a site and then speak to the directors. Haven't heard anything back yet and it's been about a week and a half. Hopefully hearing back soon because it looks like a great company!