Seneca Family of Agencies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seneca Family of Agencies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

Development Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies.

Interview

I went to a group interview. Everyone was applying for different positions and they were deciding who was the best fit for every position at the same time. We were asked a few questions than explained every position available. We wrote down which position we felt would be best for us and they would decide that as well for us.

Interview Questions

• Name the most creative thing you have done in a work setting.   Answer Question

Student Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by email for a group interview. On the day, there were two interviewers and a few interviewees. I did not hear back from them so emailed and asked for updates. They returned the email promptly.

Interview Questions

• What would do you if a child spits at you and cusses? Why would you want to work with them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

They got back to me in about a week after I applied for a group interview. The interview itself was fairly informal without a ton of structure or pressure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Hayward, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a call after I applied within a couple of days. I was asked to go in for an in person group interview. There were around 6-7 people who came in for different positions and 2 recruiters who asked us around 10-15 questions. They were general questions about what we would do when certain situations arose and why we would be a good fit at Seneca. The interview lasts a long time and it feels like a discussion group so it is not that stressful.

Interview Questions

• What kind of kids do you think you will be working with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (San Leandro, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to schedule an on site interview a week later. Interview was a group interview with six other people applying for either the same or a different position. Interview was pretty laid back and mostly situational. Didn't seem like there was too much pressure. Everyone gave similar answers to questions but put their own twist on it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if it was your first day and one of the children calls you a bitch?   Answer Question

Youth Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Santa Rosa, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted within a week to schedule a group interview. During the interview, three of us were being interviewed but for all different positions within the company. We all answered the same questions. They said we would be contacted for the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• Children are very curious by nature. How much do you think is appropriate to share with the children?   Answer Question

Classroom Counselor, Youth Counselor, Mental Health Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a quick prescreening phone call after about a week after I applied online. They basically went over the benefits, starting salary, and minimum requirements for all the position. After that they scheduled a group interview with me. When I arrived, there was only one other candidate beside me who is scheduled on that day. It was more like an informal discussion than an interview with lots of situational questions. After that, the interviewer said that they will contact us about a week later. If selected, you will move on to a one on one interview with the department manager/director. But for positions like classroom counselor, you will also have an interactive test with the kids after the individual interview.

Behavioral Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies.

Interview

To preface my review, I actually applied for and was offered almost the exact same position at Seneca 5 years ago but I turned it down back then. This time, the process was almost exactly the same but I didn't get an offer! The first interview is a group interview with someone from HR. It's uncomfortable because everyone has to answer the same questions in succession and everyone basically said the same thing. The HR guy just read questions off of a piece of paper and didn't respond to (or even acknowledge) anyone's answers. It seemed impersonal and not a good way to screen people. My second interview took weeks to schedule because the assistant who was scheduling them kept getting the interviewers' availability wrong and had to reschedule with me 4 or 5 times. The second interview was with the two supervisors I'd be working with if I got hired. They were late and neither one was very friendly. They seemed inexperienced with interviewing. I'd expect social workers to be a bit warmer and better at putting people at ease. They told me they only had my resume from 2011 and then asked really basic questions that (again) they read off their pieces of paper. It wasn't conversational at all and I couldn't wait to leave. One of them was incessantly yawning the whole time which I thought was really unprofessional and rude.

To be honest, everyone at this agency seems really young and inexperienced. This might be a good job for someone straight out of college but I have a lot more experience than the job required and still wasn't offered a job, even though I was offered it 5 years ago. So I don't know what they're looking for but for $17 an hour, their expectations seem a bit ridiculous!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with this particular population of children?   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (San Leandro, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

This was one of the worse interview experiences I have had. I applied to the position and got a call from the recruiter about 2 days later. During the call they asked preliminary interview questions, and at the end of the call I was invited to an in person interview. I was told I'll receive emailed documents to fill out and also an address to the interview location. Three days later and I never received it. I finally called and another recruiter sent me the address and documents to fill out a few hours before my interview. I get to the interview location and met with a recruiter. It was only me in the interview and it was going very well until I was informed the position I applied to closed the day before. So let me get this straight, you couldn't inform me before I wasted time and gas to arrive to my interview? The recruiter then proposed another position I can apply to. So, I said yes to being considered for a totally different role other than what I originally applied to. I went to the second interview, which was the excel/word test. They let me know they decided to move forward with other candidates. What a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

Seneca Family of Agencies Response

Sep 13, 2016 – Digital Communications Manager

I am sorry to hear about your interview experience. Your feedback is very helpful and moving forward we will make every effort to inform applicants in a more timely manner regarding filled ... More

Health Information Specialist/Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (San Leandro, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2 months. You apply. If interested they email you to schedule a brief phone interview/discussion. You do group interview. Computer test (microsoft office was surprisingly really hard, excel was basics). Last interview with heads of department. Then fingerprinting. If they dont call you for the next interview, CALL THEM to check on your status. I only moved on to each step after calling them to check in when I wouldn't hear from them for a week.