Seneca Family of Agencies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Seneca Family of Agencies Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (San Leandro, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to schedule an on site interview a week later. Interview was a group interview with six other people applying for either the same or a different position. Interview was pretty laid back and mostly situational. Didn't seem like there was too much pressure. Everyone gave similar answers to questions but put their own twist on it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if it was your first day and one of the children calls you a bitch?   Answer Question

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Being that I had Senecas training manual I though the interview went great And I have over 3 year experience working with children and with Seneca staff and a early childhood degree. I feel that Seneca only want to hire people of non color . I though the interview went great because I prepare for it by using their training manual and I thought I would get the job or another position as a mental health counselor but I got an email saying that they have pick someone more qualifed. I really believe that they do no want the children who are mostly black to work with someone that is black and experience that is why they have a high turnover rate I was willing to work with these kids but they rather hire non black who will not last the whole school year . When I walked around the school there was not one staff who was black . I am more than qualifed to work with these children and it is so sad how they make you go thru such a long process like two hour interview just to be told that they don't want you. when I came in the preschool class I had the children under control and was told they actually behaving themselves for the first time all day. I am starting to believe Seneca does not want the children to thrive they just want to keep getting funding for the kids without actually hire people who are qualified to work with these youth most of there staff will not last a year .

Student Support Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies in May 2018.

Interview

Two weeks after I applied, I heard back from a recruiter. The recruiter asked why Seneca? The recruiter then went over the qualifications for this particular position and its benefits, then asked if I was still interested in moving forward. We scheduled a video interview since I was in another state. The interview lasted about an hour. Majority of the questions were situational.

Interview Questions

• During a crisis, what are some things that you do or consider?   Answer Question

Classroom Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies.

Interview

I am not completely done with the interview process, but I went through a phone call and a group interview so far. I thought that the group interview was cool for how we were able to get to know each other better, as well as understand what the environment of the workplace we will be going to might be like. I was the youngest one there, and as a recent graduate, I am thankful for any opportunity to learn from anyone. There were 5 other people in the group interview, all who were at least 5 years older than me, and I learned a lot by listening to their answers to the questions. I saw how everyone came from different backgrounds with different professional experiences, and how they were willing to work with each other in the answers. At the same time however, I could still feel the competition. The interviewer first asked us questions like "tell me about yourself" and "why Seneca?" and then moved onto more situational questions. I balanced listening to the other answers first and building off of them, with answering first for the questions that I was passionate about. I hear that the next portion of interviews is an interactive one where we are put into the classroom, so I will update this description later.

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Group interview went smoothly and was open for discussion. The recruiter was welcoming and engaging, while still allowing for questions and comments to aid the candidates in making an informed decision.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with working with children?   Answer Question

Classroom Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies.

Interview

The group interview came across as inappropriate since there weren’t any questions involving teamwork from the group. It is my perception that these group interviews are great for observing interactions and collaborative skills between candidates, otherwise, what is the point besides cutting financial costs from the hiring process? It was set up to be competitive, dependent on which extrovert can answer first and out speak the others. On top of this, the interviewers were exceptionally young and did not have my confidence that they knew what they were looking for in these candidates. It is disappointing to see a company like this (with all they stand for) to handle their hiring process in a superficial and haphazard way that judges potential hires by how they respond in a competitive atmosphere among their peers. The overwhelming pressure to outshine your peers, in my opinion, is not a way to feel at an interview for working with children from marginalized populations.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if, on your first day, a child addressed you with a racial slur.   Answer Question

Seneca Family of Agencies Response

Feb 22, 2018 – Digital Communications Manager

The group interview is one part of our hiring process at Seneca. One goal of this interview is to observe the interactions and collaborative skills between candidates as our employees at Seneca work... More

Mental Health Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Oxnard, CA).

Interview

A lot of questions about how you handle conflict. They were really concerned with one's ability to work in a team based decision making process regarding client care. Then they wanted to see if you could stand by your decision regarding client treatment even if others may not habe agreed, and how would you handle a disagreement with the team.

Interview Questions

• How I may have handled a difficult situation with a client then with a staff member in the padt.   1 Answer

Classroom Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies.

Interview

1st interview is a group interview, 2nd interview is with the program director, 3rd interview is an interactive with students. The last interview was difficult because they just throw you in the classroom while the students are learning so its hard to interact since you don't want to interrupt the class.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, and why do you want to work with children who have behaviors   Answer Question

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Salinas, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Scheduled for 30 minutes. Started late. Recruiter did most of the talking. Scripted. Stone-faced. No indication of follow up. Felt very odd. No warmth or rapport building. Great questions. Posting for your benefit.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this scenario: You're on the phone, your boss needs 10 copies of something for a meeting, a volunteer is at the desk, the sheriff walks in   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when a project was a complete disaster.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about how you handled a situation with an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • What would your supervisor say are your best qualities? What would your supervisor say you need to work on?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep things organized?   Answer Question

Student Support Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by an HR rep about a week after sending in my resume, and was scheduled for a group interview the following week. That meeting was postponed due to a family emergency, and rescheduled for the next week. I was expecting a group interview based off the other reviews that I read about this agency, but the interview was scheduled later in the afternoon and was just the HR rep and I. It only took about 30 minutes and for she gave me the history of the company. Then she went on to some fairly informal interview questions, at which we talked about my past experience with kids and behavior and Trauma backgrounds. She then told me about the sort of General hiring information for the agency. It sounds like a really great agency to work for with a lot of growth potential, so I'm excited to hear back and see if I progressed to the next interview.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: you are working with a teacher on student behavior issues, and the teacher says that one student always acts up when you're not there. how would you go about explaining to the teacher in the next steps?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Santa Ana, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview of 6 - 8 people with 3 interviewers. Overall it felt more like a conversation than an interview, and it was very relaxed, humorous, and informational. One of the most fun interviews I've been to yet!

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a bit about yourself.
      2. The front office interacts with a wide range of people. How have you handled someone who was angry with you?
      3. What would your supervisor say are your strengths? What about areas of improvement?
      4. How have you helped contribute to the positive morale of the office?   Answer Question