Seneca Family of Agencies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seneca Family of Agencies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (San Leandro, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to schedule an on site interview a week later. Interview was a group interview with six other people applying for either the same or a different position. Interview was pretty laid back and mostly situational. Didn't seem like there was too much pressure. Everyone gave similar answers to questions but put their own twist on it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if it was your first day and one of the children calls you a bitch?   Answer Question

Classroom Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies.

Interview

The group interview came across as inappropriate since there weren’t any questions involving teamwork from the group. It is my perception that these group interviews are great for observing interactions and collaborative skills between candidates, otherwise, what is the point besides cutting financial costs from the hiring process? It was set up to be competitive, dependent on which extrovert can answer first and out speak the others. On top of this, the interviewers were exceptionally young and did not have my confidence that they knew what they were looking for in these candidates. It is disappointing to see a company like this (with all they stand for) to handle their hiring process in a superficial and haphazard way that judges potential hires by how they respond in a competitive atmosphere among their peers. The overwhelming pressure to outshine your peers, in my opinion, is not a way to feel at an interview for working with children from marginalized populations.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if, on your first day, a child addressed you with a racial slur.   Answer Question

Mental Health Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Oxnard, CA).

Interview

A lot of questions about how you handle conflict. They were really concerned with one's ability to work in a team based decision making process regarding client care. Then they wanted to see if you could stand by your decision regarding client treatment even if others may not habe agreed, and how would you handle a disagreement with the team.

Interview Questions

• How I may have handled a difficult situation with a client then with a staff member in the padt.   1 Answer

Classroom Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies.

Interview

1st interview is a group interview, 2nd interview is with the program director, 3rd interview is an interactive with students. The last interview was difficult because they just throw you in the classroom while the students are learning so its hard to interact since you don't want to interrupt the class.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, and why do you want to work with children who have behaviors   Answer Question

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Salinas, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Scheduled for 30 minutes. Started late. Recruiter did most of the talking. Scripted. Stone-faced. No indication of follow up. Felt very odd. No warmth or rapport building. Great questions. Posting for your benefit.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this scenario: You're on the phone, your boss needs 10 copies of something for a meeting, a volunteer is at the desk, the sheriff walks in   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when a project was a complete disaster.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about how you handled a situation with an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • What would your supervisor say are your best qualities? What would your supervisor say you need to work on?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep things organized?   Answer Question

Student Support Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by an HR rep about a week after sending in my resume, and was scheduled for a group interview the following week. That meeting was postponed due to a family emergency, and rescheduled for the next week. I was expecting a group interview based off the other reviews that I read about this agency, but the interview was scheduled later in the afternoon and was just the HR rep and I. It only took about 30 minutes and for she gave me the history of the company. Then she went on to some fairly informal interview questions, at which we talked about my past experience with kids and behavior and Trauma backgrounds. She then told me about the sort of General hiring information for the agency. It sounds like a really great agency to work for with a lot of growth potential, so I'm excited to hear back and see if I progressed to the next interview.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: you are working with a teacher on student behavior issues, and the teacher says that one student always acts up when you're not there. how would you go about explaining to the teacher in the next steps?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Santa Ana, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview of 6 - 8 people with 3 interviewers. Overall it felt more like a conversation than an interview, and it was very relaxed, humorous, and informational. One of the most fun interviews I've been to yet!

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a bit about yourself.
      2. The front office interacts with a wide range of people. How have you handled someone who was angry with you?
      3. What would your supervisor say are your strengths? What about areas of improvement?
      4. How have you helped contribute to the positive morale of the office?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (San Leandro, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A week later an HR rep contacted me for a group interview. During my group interview, 2 other recruiters were there. They were professional and tried their best to make us feel at ease about the group interview. They tried to do this by having us do a brief breathing exercise. In my group interview, there were two others, I was the third. My overall experience with the interview was nerve wrecking. Group interviews make me nervous because I feel like I have to outsell my peers (right in front of them). A lot of it felt like a competition (which in a sense it is.) There were two position open during our interview session. The three of us were going for the classroom counselor position. The interview started off with the male recruiter elaborating about Seneca, then asked us hypothetical and personal questions about ourselves. We were given the opportunity to answer or not. However, it is obvious that it is in your best interest to answer. This is where the competition came in because you felt like you had to out answer your opponent. The interview ended with questions or concerns that you may have. I assume that there are multiple group interviews. So technically, I believe that you are not only competing with your peers that you saw during your interview, but others in other interviews as well. After the interview was over, we were handed a survey to fill out to help them improve their interview process. They emailed me a week later stating that they found someone that was more suitable for the position. As disappointed as I am, I appreciate that they emailed me to let me know instead of just letting me wonder.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (Oakland, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

They called me a week after sending in my application to offer me a group interview. The group interview was with two HR employees of Seneca and 6 other applicants of the same position and other positions. The interview consisted of 6 or so questions and took about two hours. After the questions, they talked about Seneca and the open positions' descriptions and hourly pay.

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

This interview was several years ago. First we had a group interview around a table, where a person from HR asked us questions -- I only ended up answering two or three questions total. Then I was called back for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about having to learn how to safely restrain clients? How do you feel about the possibility of getting bitten or kicked by a child?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seneca Family of Agencies (San Leandro, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Someone called me for a phone interview and to schedule a group interview. There were 2 others at the interview. I was contacted later that week for the interactive portion, where you are suppose to interact with the kids. After that there was another interview with 2 people from that site where they asked how the interactive went and similar questions to the group interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of behaviors did you notice in the classroom, how the counselor handled it, and how you would have handled it differently.   Answer Question