Senior Helpers Caregiver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

1.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Senior Helpers (Murfreesboro, TN).

Interview

Very easy to get a job here just have a caring heart and a great attitude. Fill out application online or call in and get a interview on the spot. They are always hiring and looking for people to fill shifts.

Interview Questions

• How much experience you have as a caregiver?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Senior Helpers

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Senior Helpers (Snellville, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

They just ask if you have all your paperwork. CPR, TB-test, CNA card and ID card.. It's an all day orientation where you just fill out paperwork and listen to their rules. The experience was not bad plus they served pizza for lunch free.

Interview Questions

• DO you have all of your paperwork?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can't negotiate anything, CNA's are seen as worthless and unskilled.

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Senior Helpers (Farmington Hills, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Did the application, had a interview, had orientation that was suppose to be three hours long, it turned out to be 1 hour and a half long. I started work the following day. All you need is car with updated insurance, tb test and personality.

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Senior Helpers (New Castle, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

Overall the interview was pretty easy. Although it kind of seemed like she asked the same question multiple times, it was a good experience. The interviewer was very friendly and really made me feel comfortable during the whole thing.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about caregiving?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Senior Helpers (Reno, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

They hire you quickly with no training. They do not provide training and put you on the job un experienced - they do not prepare you for the job. The sad part is it is the caregiver and the client who suffer.

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Senior Helpers in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on the Senior Helpers website. Upon arriving for the interview, I took a quiz about certain situations, experience, etc, and then was asked general questions about my care-giving experience. I was asked immediately after to come back for orientation, which is a two day process of watching videos and taking quizzes. It was very helpful and I learned a lot. After that I received my schedule.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your housekeeping skills from 1-10?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite thing about being a caregiver?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Senior Helpers (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Was called for an interview, it was very odd. I was just asked questions from a piece of paper where, the interview was an hour long and I felt like it really didn't matter what I said i was already getting the job. Pay was not discussed and orientation was right after the "interview"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was never offered the job, it was expected that I was going to take it. My pay was not discussed, I had to call after and she had to call me back to find out.

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Senior Helpers (Exton, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

A one on one interview with the manager. Briefly spoke about the my strengths and weakness as well as what I hope to gain from this job. Finally, certain scenarios one may be involved and how they'd respond.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Senior Helpers (Northbrook, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

2 hours after I apply they call for interview it was the next day, immediately after I filled out my W2s, canceled check for direct deposit,When I call them they say the same thing "we'll call when we get a client" Why did they place ad?

Interview Questions

• How do you handle it when a patient gets in your face and yells at you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A month later and still waiting for a client. Don't place ad or hire before you have a client.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Senior Helpers (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easiest interview I've ever done. I seemed to be the only non-immigrant there waiting to interview. Others were dressed in light wash jeans :\ The woman seemed desperate to hire me. Before the interview even began she copied my driver's license, insurance, etc. which was weird. Then immediately after the interview she took my photo for my nametag and had me fill out hiring papers, all without even asking me if I was interested in the job (which I WASNT, since they wanted to pay me a pathetic $9.50 an hour.)
    When they kept calling me after that hounding me to take the job, it really made me wonder if this place is a scam or something. o.o

I didn't go to college to make less than 20,000 a year.