Sensata Technologies Electrical Design Engineer, Entry Level Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Electrical Design Engineer, Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

First I had a phone interview where a Vice President, who is a MSEE, in the company grilled me for 45 minutes on almost every topic in electrical engineering. I had only a little idea what Sensata did at the time of the interview, but I appreciated how thorough the range of interview questions were.
The on-site interview consisted of one HR interview and three engineer interviews. The first one was with the same Vice President who I spoke with on the phone. He wanted to run through a list of about 30 questions in the in-person interview as well. He did not like that we didn't get through more than 10 questions in the interview time. I thought that I had proven myself in the phone interview, but I guess he wanted to know more about my knowledge. I thought all those questions were unnecessary for a company that makes a lot of MEMS-based sensors. I think the interview took place in a big room of cubicles of engineers that they had laid off. The other two engineer interviews went well, but I am sure that I did not get an offer because of what the Vice President thought of my on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the two theories of stability? How do you know a system will be unstable?   1 Answer