Sensata Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.2

Manufacturing/Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Newbury Park, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

They asked about my resume, liked my experience with GD&T and hands on machining. They were sending some of their fixture designs to another facility and needed someone to be able to create drawings and assembly directions so that someone else would be able to put it together. Also if new components were to be made, there would be drawings that would tell the machinist how to make it.

Interview Questions

• How would you set certain parameters for a specific product? Such as tolerances, material, etc.   1 Answer

I was offered an opportunity for an interview at another company that I desired more than this position. They wanted an answer right away without waiting to see how the other interview process went and so I had to decline.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA).

Interview

There was a 1-hour phone screen with the HR recruiter, then three in-person interviews spread out over several months. There was a total of 12 hours of in-person interviews, and I met with 15 different people, both 1-1 and in small groups. Sensata's own HR Director admitted later that, "it was not a great candidate experience."

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you are in a situation where you absolutely cannot meet customer expectations and you will shut them down?   1 Answer

Sensor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies in May 2016.

Interview

It was for an internship in Almelo, Netherlands, and consisted of two skype interviews-a technical with my manager, and another (more casual) with his boss to see if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• My experience with LabVIEW and some basic data processing questions.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Four 45 minute sessions back to back followed by a 1-hour case study at the centre in Attleboro, MA.
    Pleasant experience. All the interviewers were very good to talk to. Helped me with some of my questions and explained the role and expectations.

The case study was a bit intense with some tough questions, but overall positive experience

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years, 10 years?
      What is your leadership style?
      Explain a situation where you made an impact.
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (North Attleboro, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I found the process quite inconsiderate of my time.
    I applied on-line but a friend also hand-delivered my resume to the hiring manager. Had a phone interview with HR within 1-week then the hiring manager 2 weeks later. I thought the interview went well and and the interviewer indicated I'd hear about an on-site interview shortly. After nearly 3 months, I heard nothing. I assumed they chose to pursue another candidate, but to my surprise, I was selected as one of 3 finalists for on-site interviews. Again, the interviews went well and the hiring manager indicated they "would make a decision by the end of the week". After nearly two weeks, an HR rep contacted me by email saying they "will not be making you an offer of employment for this role at this time". I was able to contact the hiring manager directly by phone seeking feedback/constructive criticism. I was offered no specifics only to say that none of the finalists were selected. I imagine the other 2 finalists must have felt the process was inconsiderate as well.

Interview Questions

• What is my management style?   1 Answer

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I met Sensata at my university's career fair. They immediately asked me technical questions. I was then contacted via phone and asked to set up a 30 minite phone interview. Although that interview was with an engineer, he just asked questions about my resume and then had me ask him questions. Make sure you have question to ask! A few days later I received an invitation to Sensata's "fantastic Friday" where there was 1 HR interview and 3 technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Draw a stress strain curve, where is the plastic and elastic range, how do you add resistors in parallel   Answer Question

Electro Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (North Attleboro, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I Had two phone interviews they were pretty straight forward. then I was called in for an on site interview after about a week. I Met with five people all separately though. I Was asked technical questions and if i knew certain equations. Was given a tour of the facility after the tour I met with one more person who asked simple questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had an on-campus interview which was both behavioral and technical. Then I got invited to an on-site interview. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Everyone is willing to answer questions and ask you for your preferences and strongest points during the interview.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Poor preparation from their side. The interviewers were picked on the spot which extended the time I was waiting for someone to show up to meet me. Interviewers didn't review my resume prior to the meeting. There was no sign of an HR department coordinating the process. They had no interest in knowing my qualifications or background, their main interest was on testing my knowledge of shafts and joysticks.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies in October 2015.

Interview

They came to recruit on my university campus. It was a fairly straightforward interview, initially they asked things from my resume, explaining some of my projects and internships. Later, they asked more about things from their own company. Very basic circuit questions about filters, diodes and sensors.

Interview Questions

• How do you filter from an output 200Hz when all we need is to obtain the output at 100 Hz.   1 Answer