Sensata Technologies Interview Questions in Providence, RI | Glassdoor

3.3

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Social Media and Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was scouted for this position on LinkedIn and interviewed a month later. I underwent a phone screen then was brought into a series of one on one and panel interviews onsite. I was offered the position 1-2 days after interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Providence, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

I met some current engineers at a cereer fair. Almost immediately, I was handed a product they were working on and asked about ways it could be improved. Apparently I did well enough to get an interview a couple of days later. The interview was ~30 min. and was all technical. I got maybe 2 minutes to ask questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a project I recently worked on, then kept probing deeper into the physics/engineering. They also gave some hypotheticals and asked what I thought would happen.   1 Answer

Director of Global Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then a meeting with team at the Attleboro office to discuss my fit with role. I thought the VP that arranged the interview was real bright and our skill sets would have aligned well. The rest of the team I met with were all very knowledgable but someone in that team did not feel I was the best candidate. While my background had the perfect blend of experience to really have an impact with this company's brand I will never know what happened in the end. In summary, great company with good market penetration and while the people I met with did not choose me, they would have been great teammates so based on this, I would recommend this company to others to join.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of something that didn't go well in the past and how you remedied the situation.   1 Answer

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA).

Interview

There was a 1-hour phone screen with the HR recruiter, then three in-person interviews spread out over several months. There was a total of 12 hours of in-person interviews, and I met with 15 different people, both 1-1 and in small groups. Sensata's own HR Director admitted later that, "it was not a great candidate experience."

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you are in a situation where you absolutely cannot meet customer expectations and you will shut them down?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Four 45 minute sessions back to back followed by a 1-hour case study at the centre in Attleboro, MA.
    Pleasant experience. All the interviewers were very good to talk to. Helped me with some of my questions and explained the role and expectations.

The case study was a bit intense with some tough questions, but overall positive experience

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years, 10 years?
      What is your leadership style?
      Explain a situation where you made an impact.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (North Attleboro, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I found the process quite inconsiderate of my time.
    I applied on-line but a friend also hand-delivered my resume to the hiring manager. Had a phone interview with HR within 1-week then the hiring manager 2 weeks later. I thought the interview went well and and the interviewer indicated I'd hear about an on-site interview shortly. After nearly 3 months, I heard nothing. I assumed they chose to pursue another candidate, but to my surprise, I was selected as one of 3 finalists for on-site interviews. Again, the interviews went well and the hiring manager indicated they "would make a decision by the end of the week". After nearly two weeks, an HR rep contacted me by email saying they "will not be making you an offer of employment for this role at this time". I was able to contact the hiring manager directly by phone seeking feedback/constructive criticism. I was offered no specifics only to say that none of the finalists were selected. I imagine the other 2 finalists must have felt the process was inconsiderate as well.

Interview Questions

• What is my management style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I met Sensata at my university's career fair. They immediately asked me technical questions. I was then contacted via phone and asked to set up a 30 minite phone interview. Although that interview was with an engineer, he just asked questions about my resume and then had me ask him questions. Make sure you have question to ask! A few days later I received an invitation to Sensata's "fantastic Friday" where there was 1 HR interview and 3 technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Draw a stress strain curve, where is the plastic and elastic range, how do you add resistors in parallel   Answer Question

Electro Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (North Attleboro, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I Had two phone interviews they were pretty straight forward. then I was called in for an on site interview after about a week. I Met with five people all separately though. I Was asked technical questions and if i knew certain equations. Was given a tour of the facility after the tour I met with one more person who asked simple questions about past experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Four interviews: three technical, one behavioral. Technical interviews are with engineers of various experience levels and behavioral is with HR rep. Technical interviews tend to focus heavily on topics learned in classes listed on resume and are fairly evenly distributed among those projects. Ask about projects that you've worked on and they may ask specific questions about those projects.

Interview Questions

• If you take a rock in a boat and dump it over the side, what happens to the water level.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Campus interview with a technical manager.

Followed by an on-site interview spree in one morning: 3 with technical managers and 1 with an HR manager. Quite an intense process for an internship.

Interview Questions

• How would you modify the design of this component to make it stiffer for this kind of load?   1 Answer