Sentara Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (New York, NY).

Interview

I am a new graduate nurse. A nurse recruiter reached out to me and scheduled and interview to meet with HR. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She asked situational questions about my clinical experience (ex. how I would react under a stressful situation). Overall it was relatively easy since I was prepared with situational responses.

Interview Questions

• If you had a lot of things to handle how would you prioritize your day/patients?   1 Answer

OTR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

The interview process with Sentara healthcare, including hiring process, is quite thorough. But it is also flawed in many ways. There are too many positions involved, including a recruiter, management, sub management, peers. It is very difficult and lengthy to manage the process, from a candidate, and a lower management perspective.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Arlington, VA).

Interview

It took about three months from the moment I applied to being hired. I submitted my application, and then completed a questionnaire. A month, almost two had passed before they made contact with me. I had a brief phone interview, and then an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What type of worker are you?   1 Answer

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Hampton, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Three part interview process that spanned over a period of 2 weeks.
    First phone interview from Human Resources asking series of questions about your personality.
    Second In-person interview with management reviewing a packet of system based questions/scenarios.
    Third Interview with care team.

Interview Questions

• In what circumstance have you gone above and beyond for patient care?

What would you consider to be your biggest flaw in the work place environment?

Where do you see yourself in your career path in 5 years?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

Interview

It was a video interview with computer generated questions. Very cold and no way they can get a true feel for the person interviewing. The instructions were four pages long for a 11 question interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions.   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Norfolk, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

What will it take to perform this task? What kind of person is this company looking for?

It will require good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with a diverse group of people and levels. If these are your areas of strength, focus on letting the interviewer know that you have the ability and experience to interface well with many different groups.

Like the speechwriter, you want your audience to remember the important points you have made. By concentrating on a handful of strengths, you will find that you are more focused and succinct about telling what you have to offer. More importantly, the folks you meet are more likely to remember you for your strengths.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions:
      Tell me about yourself.
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      Why do you want this job?
      Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
      What's your ideal company?
      What attracted you to this company?
      Why should we hire you?
      What did you like least about your last job?
      When were you most satisfied in your job?
      What can you do for us that other candidates can't?
      What were the responsibilities of your last position?
      Why are you leaving your present job?
      What do you know about this industry?
      What do you know about our company?
      Are you willing to relocate?
      Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare in February 2014.

Interview

Began with applying online then in person interview. The hiring manager had just started and requested that other staff nurses sat in on the interview. It was informal, meeting in the lunch/lounge room with an open door.

Certified Surgical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Open interview for interested new grad rns, tech, etc.. Interviewed with a recruiter who took my resume, asked a few questions, and left to speak with a manager. Recruiter was not interested in the positions I applied for within the hospital system.

Interview Questions

• What was the most important part of the job?   1 Answer

Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was thorough and I actually enjoyed it. All open ended experiential questioning that sought to see if applicant's experience was remotely close to the position's requirements. The interviewers were very particular in their line of questioning, but did a wonderful job in allowing me to be myself and not structuring the interview like a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• What was an unethical task a supervisor or coworker has asked you to carry out and what was your response.   Answer Question

Nursing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Lunch interview and very few questions were asked. It was more like I was holding the interview. The two interviewers seemed as if they were not prepared to interview me and one was late to the interview so we had to rehash what was previously discussed.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

You apply for positions online and a recruiter will contact you if you seem to be a good match. The process is automated. The process is easier for current employees.