Sentara Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (New York, NY).

Interview

I am a new graduate nurse. A nurse recruiter reached out to me and scheduled and interview to meet with HR. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She asked situational questions about my clinical experience (ex. how I would react under a stressful situation). Overall it was relatively easy since I was prepared with situational responses.

Interview Questions

• If you had a lot of things to handle how would you prioritize your day/patients?   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Fredericksburg, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very good in-person interview, the issue I have with the process is the feedback, no returned calls from the recruiters office after several voice mails left. The only way to check the status of the application is to check on the application page. After two months waiting they finally closed the position with no explanation. Most jobs I have interviewed with or the positions I have held the interviews myself, there is always a follow up call to the job seeker.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions revolved around past job history and why you are applying.   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Arlington, VA).

Interview

It took about three months from the moment I applied to being hired. I submitted my application, and then completed a questionnaire. A month, almost two had passed before they made contact with me. I had a brief phone interview, and then an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What type of worker are you?   1 Answer

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Director conducted informal screening on phone, first. Then personally interviewed for a casual discussion on my related background and how I can help. They weren't positive if another employee would be taking on this location in addition to existing duties.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge to my most recent position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Hampton, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

It consisted of a full back ground check, interviewed by a panel of 3 people, there was also a credit check, there was a application filed online and the back ground paperwork was to be delivered to the police department in the city of Hampton, Va. Then some one called and scheduled the interview time and date with detailed and address instructions to place of interview. To arrive early was encouraged.

Interview Questions

• 1.What does a forensic trainee specialist job description?
      2.How would you handle an irate customer or person?
      3.Read a several paragraphs and then answered questions about the paragraphs.
      1 Answer

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Woodbridge, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position on 6/26/16 via online. I got a call from a recruiter on 7/14/16 where they briefly asked about my qualifications. They told me that they were forwarding my application to the hiring manager and they would call me in a few days to set up an interview. The hiring manager called on 7/25/16 and asked me some general scheduling questions and asked me to come in for an interview with her another manager and her team lead on 8/2/16.
    The interview took about 40 min. Because they were running behind I was able to meet 4 other applicants interviewing for the same position. If you google "example interview questions", the top ten questions are the same exact questions you get in the interview...Why are you a good candidate? What is one flaw you see in yourself.....
    I felt like I did really well with the interview, however, it has been 3 weeks since the interview and I am probably not getting an offer. I really enjoyed the interview and I am sad I will not get to work with the ladies I interviewed with. They seemed to have a great team!

Interview Questions

• If you google "example interview questions", the top ten questions are the same exact questions you get in the interview...Why are you a good candidate? What is one flaw you see in yourself.....   1 Answer

Registered Nurse ICU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a call by recruiter who gave me a phone interview. Asked about skill set and experience. Interview set up through recruiter. Waited in main area of hospital and the interviewing nurse we come to get you. Attend interview. About 30 minutes. Interviewed by 2 nurses. Very casual and laid back atmosphere. Walked through icu with nurses. Wait for call back.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Norfolk, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a Sentara nurse recruiter for a phone interview. After she asked some basic employee screening-type questions, she set up an interview with the nurse manager. I went in to shadow on the unit for a few hours and had the interview afterward with the manager and CNS. Because I'm a new grad and don't have much experience in the specialty, most of my interview questions were behavioral and customer service-based. In exchange, I asked a few questions about orientation and new grad residency. Two days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

Interview

The interview process was quite informal. I met with the hiring manager once before interview day. Additional, I had one formal day of three interviews, two with managers and one with team members. The questions were a combination of culture fit and technical questions.

Ecorp Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

Waited in the waiting room about 20 min and received an presentation about the job then met an interviewer. It was very casual and comfor table.she asked a general questions. The interview was very quick and simple but pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with a difficult person. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

RN OR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Harrisonburg, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Went to a Sentara job fair. Managers were very nice and personable. Was able to get an interview scheduled for the next week. They spent some time answering my question and were very patient.

Interview Questions

• Asked what shift I was interested in.   1 Answer