Sentara Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (New York, NY).

Interview

I am a new graduate nurse. A nurse recruiter reached out to me and scheduled and interview to meet with HR. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She asked situational questions about my clinical experience (ex. how I would react under a stressful situation). Overall it was relatively easy since I was prepared with situational responses.

Interview Questions

• If you had a lot of things to handle how would you prioritize your day/patients?   1 Answer

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Chesapeake, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was fast, I applied online and was called by a recruiter within the next day she asked me 5 questions mainly about my strengths and weaknesses, my past jobs, and relationships. A day later I got a call for the formal interview, it took about 20 minutes with a tour at the end.

Interview Questions

• Name a time at work where you had a problem with a coworker and what you did to resolve the situation.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an issue with a supervisor and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question
    • What are weaknesses that have been pointed out to you, and what have you done to resolve them   Answer Question
    • How do you respond to criticism?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a lazy coworker?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would handle a situation if you were required to finish multiple tasks by the end of the day, and there was no conceivable way that you could finish them.   Answer Question
    • Give examples of ideas you've had or implemented   Answer Question
    • How would you communicate with someone that had an impairment?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question
    • How would you manage your time during a stressful situation?   Answer Question

Admitting Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Norfolk, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call on Friday to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled the phone interview for Monday, but never received a phone call.
    Tried to get in contact with them and there's no way of doing so. The only number listed is an automatic service number that doesn't allow you to speak to anyone.
    I've never experienced anything so unprofessional in my life.

Certified Surgical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Open interview for interested new grad rns, tech, etc.. Interviewed with a recruiter who took my resume, asked a few questions, and left to speak with a manager. Recruiter was not interested in the positions I applied for within the hospital system.

Interview Questions

• What was the most important part of the job?   1 Answer

Transplant Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Norfolk, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

This was a bogus process . I had multiple phone interviews and a webex interview with 2 different departments only to find they were using me, a highly qualified candidate to talk down another offer with a less qualified person. I wasted weeks on this job when I could have had multiple other interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is your description of the position?   1 Answer

Lpn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email from a recruiter asking when was a good time to call. I emailed back because I was out of town. When I returned, I called her and I had an on the spot phone interview. My resume was forwarded to 2 open positions. I received a call from both managers that day. I set up interviews. I went to the first one and was interviewed by 4 different people that worked there. I was offered the position. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What was your response when you offended another person's culture on accident?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

Interview

Phone interview was quick to set up. Recruiter was very helpful in coordinating the in-person interview that followed the phone interview as well as answering any questions you may have about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a patient.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Norfolk, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A couple of weeks later I received an email invitation for a virtual interview. I was able to complete the interview at my convenience which was nice. It was a little difficult to get the program to recognize my web cam & record my responses. It was 8 questions total some of them displayed on the screen & others pre-recorded. I did like the fact that I did not have to take time off my current position to travel to an interview, especially considering it is 3 weeks later. I assume I am not getting a call for a face-to-face.

MA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare.

Interview

3 panel interview. There was an office manager, another MA and a PA. The PA was cocky and was very nasty. Management is horrible, they tell you anything just to get the position filled.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my skills.   1 Answer

Nursing Care Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sentara Healthcare (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager walked me through the unit then we sat in her office. We talked about the benefits, hours and time off, and the expectation of a Nursing Care Partner.

Interview Questions

• How important is communication between you and coworkers?   Answer Question

Admitting Representative Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was very laid back and relaxed. I was interview by manager and lead and they both seemed really nice. My interview was no more then 15 minutes long and it ended with a tour. Before I even got home I got a call back saying I was hired.