Sentry Business Products Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sentry Business Products Specialist Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Products Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sentry.

Interview

Very extensive. In person with the manager. Interview with HR. Take a sales personality test. If you pass (many do not). A phone interview with the regional manager. They then fly you to Stevens Point for an in persons with the same regional manager and then a regional manager from a different region. At least that's how it was back in 2010 when I did it.

Interview Questions

• They are really trying to find out if you will work hard.( Because if you get the job you will have to work really hard to make it). And that if you believe the customer comes first. The test and company culture really wants you to put the customer first. But pricing does not put the customer first. All they care about is increasing the renewal premiums year after year.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sentry

Business Products Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sentry in February 2010.

Interview

After somewhat generic phone interviews with HR and completing tests to measure sales and management aptitude, I had a face to face interview with the regional sales manager. After that interview, I was flown out to their corporate headquarters in Stevens Point, WI for interviews with upper management. These interviews seemed to be somewhat of a formality and more geared towards selling me on Sentry than on them examining me. I was offered the job almost immediately after my trip to WI.

Negotiation

No negotiations. It is what it is.

Business Products Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sentry in February 2008.

Interview

I started with a brief phone interview with the Sales Manager, which immediately moved to an in person interview with him. It was a fairly easy interview...he was more describing the job to me than anything else. After that, I had to take a bunch of online assessments. From there, I moved on to some phone interviews with I think two different people (one in HR and the other a regional sales manager). After that, I had another brief face to face meeting with the sales manager. This was exclusively to prepare me for the next step, which was to fly me out to Stevens Point WI to the HQ. I stayed overnight there and met with about 3 regional managers and a VP. It was very low pressure. In fact, I was later informed that if they fly you out there, you essentially have the job already. This is true of almost everyone, although I would caution any applicants that you should really be on your best behavior while there. A few people have lost the job because they went out drinking excessively in town or something. Stevens Point is very small and everyone there seems to work for Sentry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Ask for specific details of the territory you are potentially taking over (number of accounts; how long Sentry has been there). It also would be helpful to try to ask around as to how competitive Sentry is in that market. You could ask a local insurance agency (which may not give you the full truth), or you could even ask a Sentry rep in the area. If you go to Sentry's website, you can type in a zip code for an adjacent territory and find the contact info for the local rep. I can't think of a single rep that wouldn't be happy to give their thoughts. The sales manager should offer you to get in touch with another rep anyway, but if they don't ask them if you can. When you talk with that rep, you can ask whatever you want, but get specific about competition in your market. Sentry's competitive position varies widely from state to state.