Sentry Data Systems Technical Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sentry Data Systems Technical Analyst Interview Questions

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sentry Data Systems.

Interview

I am unimpressed by this company. A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and was very rude throughout the entire process. The person kept calling me the wrong name and was very impersonal. Not only did they mess up on dates and times to interview me, when they did interview me the employer dominated the conversation and wouldn't let me speak up about any projects or work that I have done that would prepare me for the position. They also require a two hour technical test, which is a lot of time to devote if you are working full time. I did not feel valued as a potential employee and I hope that my case was a rare one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the difference between an inner and an outer join.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sentry Data Systems

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sentry Data Systems (Deerfield Beach, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Was given a phone interview first, then went to the company HQ for a formal interview. I was also given a brief test to confirm my knowledge of SQL (10 questions I believe?) and the total time as about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions for the most part, but also some tricky "logic" questions thrown in. I was caught off guard on those but since I got the job I must have answered them OK.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sentry Data Systems (Deerfield Beach, FL).

Interview

Recieved position information via a recruiter, so the initial interview was with them. I was arranged an interview at the Deerfield Beach office with the Directer of Technical Client Support along with a tech test. The interview was basic questions, asking about my expierence with troubleshooting databases and my expierence with other languages. The tech test portion was simple, I was given a computer station with an Oracle document open and told to perform basic queries. It was ten questions and I was given one hour. I was expecting a little more of a challenege. Keep up to date with your query structure; the specific syntax is not important, as long as you get your point across.

Interview Questions

• Explain your troubleshooting process when it came to your most difficult challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All of my negotiation was done through my recruiter, who got me everything I asked for.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sentry Data Systems in June 2011.

Interview

Went through a couple of phone interviews. First with the hiring manager, and then several other people at the same time. The first interview consisted of them asking about my background and seeing what areas I had skills / knowledge in. The second interview was more technical, and was followed by a skills test once I made it past that interview. I never had a face to face interview with anyone at the company. If I had, I probably wouldn't have accepted the position (horrible corporate culture that is evident in peoples attitudes).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I worked through a recruiter / head hunter so they performed all of the negotiations for me. Most of the negotiations revolved around salary and ability to work from home (which the initially agreed to and then reneged on after a management change).