Sephora Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Received a phone call to set up a time to do a phone screening. After that I had a Skype interview with a different woman who seemed to love all my responses. I was told I would be hearing from them soon to set up the next interview however I never heard back from them

Interview Questions

• I worked a Sephora before so they asked questions like:
    - what was my role at the previous Sephora?
    - what was the volume of the store?

Also:
    - where do I see myself in 5 years?
    - where else would I want to work besides Sephora?

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora in September 2015.

Interview

I originally applied for a seasonal position around the holidays but did not here back until the end of January. It was a Saturday evening when the lady called and gabe me a phone screening but never heard back. I would call about every two weeks to follow up but the girls who answered always said the hiring manager is not in but they will give her my message. Move along to the summer when I decided to apply for a assistant manager but I wasn't expecting a call since they gave me the run around for just a sales advisor. I get a call for a group interview and I was so excited. When I got to the interview it was five of us and the hiring manager and another manager. They were really friendly and asked about our backgrounds and what values we look for in a company. Then they said they would follow up with references and another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Minnetonka, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online to Sephora for an Assistant Manager position and received a phone call a few days afterwards. In the phone call, I was given a brief interview and was asked basic interview questions such as, "Where do you see yourself in five years?", "What is your beauty experience?", "Would you like to be full-time or part-time?". I set up an interview for the following week and confirmed that the position I would be interviewed for was indeed, Assistant Manager. I got to the interview about 10 minutes early. I had to wait about 15 minutes for my interviewer to come out and greet me. I expected I would be taken to the back somewhere, an office or even a break-room perhaps. Instead, we walked out into the mall and sat on a bench in the middle of a highly-trafficked mall walk-way. It was distracting to say the least, having to remain professional and answer questions with every stranger passing by listening to my answers. After the interview (in which I thought I did a great job) my interviewer asked me, "So, what do you think you'll be doing in the job?". I went on to answer appropriately from my previous assistant manager experience. She interrupts me and says, "actually...the interview we just did today was for a Sales Representative for our sales floor. If you would like a leadership interview, we would have to schedule that for a different time." She goes on to tell me that when she was first hired she went through 6 weeks of interviews until she was offered the job. She also said that Sephora doesn't like to hire from outside the company for leadership roles. I left the interview feeling mostly confused. Why was I able to apply for an assistant manager position if Sephora wasn't looking to hire one from outside the company? Why was over an hour of my time wasted doing an interview for a position I didn't want? What company makes their applicants go through 6 weeks of interviews for a sales floor position? Why did she confirm with me the week before that the interview I was doing was for an assistant manager position only to not interview me for that, and not even tell me I wasn't being interviewed for that until AFTER the entire interview was over. I was HIGHLY displeased with my interview experience with Sephora. I never received a phone call back, which was just fine with me, because I would never have accepted a position there. At least not that location.

Interview Questions

• What beauty experience do you have?
      Where do you see yourself in 6 months?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Give me three words that would describe your ideal workplace.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

1st interview with store manager 2nd with DM. They went through a packet of questions. All very easy.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you and why?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online, had a group interview along with people applying for different positions. I was the only one applying for management and the questions asked were very general and easy, mostly about customer service and your personality.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of their recruiters. She was nice but you could tell I wasn't her first call for the day. She said I would be more suited to the Specialist position even though I was more than qualified for the assistant manager position. She suggested I come to the interview but couldn't promise anything.
    I got a confirmation email for the day and confirmed. A few days later I got another confirmation but for the wrong day and it was a day I couldn't attend. When I told her that I couldn't attend that day as I wasn't given enough notice, I basically got a Too bad so sad response

Interview Questions

• What are your top 5 beauty brands?   Answer Question
    • How do you think you will cope working with make up artists when you have no formal experience?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I was being interviewed for a new store opening. The store manager and I sat down at caribou. It took about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• What three things could you say to associates to make them impressed with you as a manager?
      What would you do if an associate doesn't want to follow your direction.