Sephora Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.5

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

It was really weird, it was a group interview they only asked us 3 questions then they had us build a little sculpture out of different colors blocks as a teamwork exercise; and then it was over.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite Sephora products   1 Answer
  • Sell someone our rewards card   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

It was fairly easy. Manager had an easygoing chat about what brands I liked in Sephora and what maekup I use from them. Was asked the typical questions you would find in a retail interview. Questions such as name your strengths and weaknesses, name a time you were in a leadership role, when you had a conflict and how you dealt with it, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Marina del Rey, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews in a process that took over a month. I really thought I had the job. They are told me my last interview we would a role play interview to see how I interact with customers, but it ended up being just like the first and then I got an email saying they were going in a different direction which was saddening and frustrating since I had been interviewing for so long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a week. Scheduled and interview but had to reschedule due to Hurricane Matthew. When I did show up I was the only one there. The interviewer was very kind. I learned it was only a seasonal position (which was not specified on the application.) Would have taken the job if it was full time.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online which seemed easy enough and I went in, spoke with a managed and handed them a hard copy of a resume just to put myself out there.

I received an email a week prior to my application and it was a group interview.

It was easy and fast. There were 12 people but it was almost open answering questions and whoever spoke first answered first so they could see the quiet ones opposed to the outspoken ones.

Really sweet and easy questions just general why this, what do you love about this, that.

One thing I did take from it which might not be a problem which in general isn't for me but I'm a guy and they're a company who is about makeup for everyone but they used really gender specific words like we're just targeting to women when there is a whole other range out there to be tended to and it kind of made me feel the tadist bit out of place because I was the only guy but I made up that with my answers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied, got a call the same day. Interview the following week, group interview. Question on previous employers and a lot of "How would you" or What would you do in *inserts scenario" type of questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer that asks for a foundation without asking how much they're willing to pay?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Riverside, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

When I decided I was ready to apply, I applied online. Within three days I got a call from the store manager inviting me to a group interview, I accepted!! The day of the interview I was really nervous because I've never done a group interview before, but getting there the manager and skin consultant lead welcomed you and made you feel so excited and happy. During the interview, we sat around a table (about 9-10 girls in group interview) and they asked basic questions like"why Sephora?" Interview was very easy, and really exciting. Within 30 minutes after the group interview I received another call from the store manager asking me if I like to do a one on one interview I accepted and showed up once again and dos the interview. Once again interview was very straight forward, asking all of the What If's? Why this? Why that? After that she told me that I would be receiving another call inviting me to a demo. Three days later I got the call for the demo, came in did the demo very nerve racking!!! The model asked me to do a very natural yet very sultry eye with a pop of color in the inner corner, after my work, both my "client" and the other cast member complimented my work and said I did a really good job, but told me I needed to practice my winged liner, aside from that they told me that once again I needed to wait for a call back, now I'm just waiting, hoping and praying!! 😁😁

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Applied online and a couple of days later got a call. The first was a group interview, we were 7 girls. It was outgoing, fun questios (more to determine personalities) then like 2 serious questions. Everybody got a turn to talk. At the end we made some questions. A day later I got a call for the second interview, I was kind of nervous for this one... It went amazing it was easy. Immediately they made an offer! Got my date for training and they set me up.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxing and comfortable. The managers were friendly and made us feel comfortable. They asked personality questions and one about store products. Pretty straight foward and easy questions.

Interview Questions

• Out of the four elements, which one are you?
      Describe yourself?
      2 strengths & 2 weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peabody, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Peabody, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was quick and easy! I am impressed by how professional the interview was, but with a casual, comfortable vibe. I felt very confident when I left the interview. The interviewer was the manager, and was very friendly/knowledgable. Interview went more like a conversation, rather than rapid fire questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle dealing with multiple customers at once?   1 Answer