Sephora Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Sephora

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview with four other applicants. I received a call approximately 30 minutes after the interview asking me to attend a make-up trial interview. Immediately following the trial I was asked to stay for a one-on-one interview with the store manager, after that interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sephora?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

I went on my 1st group interview today, I wasn't to scared, however my interviewer was a bit shakey. It was 2 other ladies and it was more of a conversation then a interview which made me relax EVEN MORE!. They're looking for someone that want a career and not just a job. Over all it was great and I feel pretty good about what's next. Have my fingers crossed that I get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a particular situation in your life that was "life changing"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Denver, CO).

Interview

I wasn't looking for a job I walked in and the manager came over to help me. We began to talk and she then offered me a sit down with her. When I met with her a few days later she told me she liked me and that she normally doesn't do this but she wanted to offer me the position without an interview. I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Pasadena, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call from an Assistant Manager who did a short phone interview with me. She asked basic questions about my interests in the company, industry, and position. She also asked about my skills and experience, and how they pertain to the position. I was then called in for a group interview with the Store Director and/or Assistant Manager. The interview was a little more in-depth regarding interests with the company and beauty industry. Once hired, group orientation was 3 days and then we trained on the floor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I made it to the second interview. The first interview was a group interview and we all stood in a circle and were asked questions. We each answered our question one by one. You had to stand out with your answers. I got called back for a second interview. That was one on one. Asked more detailed questions. They ended up just transferring someone from another Sephora for the job.

Interview Questions

• When the store is not busy, what would you do   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Miami, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Simple questions like all other jobs ask. We were all sent to the break room and asked questions in a group and then we were given a tour. I was called back about 2 days after the interview, but that might depend on how urgent the job is.

Interview Questions

• What is one place you've visited that surprised you with customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

So far have been to 3 interviews including a group and a makeup demo. I was told I would be called in for another interview and it would be the final one. I haven't yet received that information. However I was told that I cannot be a beauty advisor until I get trained by Sephora and no training can be done until after the holidays.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

After coming into the store and speaking with an associate, I was encouraged to apply. After sending my application, I was contacted the next day and we scheduled an interview. I met two members of the Sephora team at a nearby cafe lobby and they interviewed me over coffee. One was a manager I had met in-store, and the other was one that I had not met. It was just the three of us- this surprised me because everything I had seen online pointed to group interviews.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied Online...Received an Email about 2 weeks later for a Job Fair. Went to the Job Fair Today ended up having an One on One Interview. Thought it went kind of fast, good convo....but fast. Anyway she called me about two hours Later and offered me a position!

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was a store manager at another location. I was contacted and went in to do my interview at the location in which i would be hired. I was asked questions about my back ground etc. and told that i would be contacted within a certain amount of time as i was initially interviewed as a seasonal.