Sephora Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Sephora

2.5

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied and the same day got a response and was told to apply on the heros job app, which I thought was a bit much but I did it. I then got a text from two different numbers to schedule my interview and that alone started to turn me off from the job because there was miscommunication already. So I schedule my interview and the next morning the “manager “ on the hero’s app asks me to change it. Um ok? So my interview got pushed back 2 hours and I start to get ready and of course I get ANOTHER random number texting me to confirm. I get ready and head to the interview in which I have to tell 3 different people my name and one of the guys twice because I’m just that forgetting and also find out last minute it’s a group (which I was fine with) so we walk 5 minutes to a coffee shop and get asked questions in the BLAZING SUN for half an hour. I gave my all for this interview and guess who didn’t get the job. This person!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with 4 managers who asked about previous experience. It was an in person job fair for seasonal hires so it may be different for off season roles. Be award if you go in for a job fair you interview right on the floor amongst shoppers. Also you'll have to come back for a face test if they like you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a beauty advisor?
      What skills make you stand out from others?
      Hour flexibility?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Joplin, MO) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online, then I had a phone interview with the beauty manager. After that, I had an in person, one on one interview with the same beauty manager. Dress in all black!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you helped someone fine the perfect product   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

Interview consisted of an individual interview and then a "floor" interview the day after. The floor interview consisted of working the floor as if you were already hired so that the managers could get a feel of your work ethic and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to make an omelet?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Athens, GA) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied online, got a call within a few weeks, group interview, then one on one interview. It was not a difficult process at all and the managers are very kind.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2018.

Interview

It was quick, Just show your personality when answering the questions and itlll be a breeze. The staff is always going to be nice and you don't have to be a expert on makeup to work for sephora. I went to my interview with no makeup on.. They asked if i knew how to do makeup and i showed them a picture of my face with a full look. Be you and it'll get you wherever you want to go.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough, I sat down with the general manager and HR manager. We spoke about my past job experiences, my passions, and how I react to feedback.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about receiving feedback on your work (either positive or constructive)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Austin, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I participated in the group interview, with about 5 others . I got offered the interview after I applied, around a week. I did not get offered another interview yet

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Charleston, WV) in December 2017.

Interview

Thorough, Fast-Paced, and Efficient would be how I would describe the interview process. I had an in person interview with the Store Director and then a phone interview from the Director of another store. I felt comfortable and heard in both interviews and would highly recommend applying to anyone! It was wonderful!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

It was really weird, it was a group interview they only asked us 3 questions then they had us build a little sculpture out of different colors blocks as a teamwork exercise; and then it was over.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite Sephora products   1 Answer
    • Sell someone our rewards card   1 Answer