Sephora Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy it was a really chill environment the people who interviewed me were very nice and professional I interviewed with one other girl as well the overall process was good I was just very nervous. DONT go into a Sephora interview nervous

Interview Questions

• Name one time you've dealt with a dude customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

May go through 2-3 interviews, with specialist and then store manager and then even district manager depending on position applying for. Asked basic questions on experience and abilities. Then interviewed on what you can bring to the company if hired. District manager interviews are mostly for management positions and possibly for employees being made permanent from seasonal positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Mission Viejo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was mislead on interview times and process by mgmt. I think its hard to get hired if your outside thier clique. When I called her back she place me hold for a hour.

Interview Questions

• I have couple basic questions about background.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call back about a month later. Surprisingly the manager calling went ahead and set up a one on one interview with me that same week.
    When I got to my interview I waited a little bit until he came out, then we went to the food court to sit down and begin with the questions. He was super friendly, yet remained professional. Something he told me that will continue to stick with me & hopefully you guys is that he told me " I wouldn't hire anybody that I wouldn't invite into my own house."

2cd interview was a cashier demo- since no one else has managed to put this experience & interview down, I figured I would. So for the demo, it was me and another girl that they had decided to bring back. When they were ready for us, they brought us to the back , where there was a little cart , set up with the rewards items and a bunch of random items in a bag. So basically what they had us do was take turns at being the cast member & being the costumer. They very briefly explained the beauty insider card to us and had us "act out" how we'd be on the cashier. There was no scenario ,they just wanted to see how you would interact with the paying costumer. The other interviewee gave me absolutely nothing to work with, but the manager said that my personality still shines through so it was okay. So even if your partner is giving you one word answers and answers short, TRY to spark convo anyways, they definitely look for that. So what you want to say as a cast member is stuff like
    •how's your day going?
    • I can see you've been doing a lot of shopping, what kind of cool stuff did you get ?
    • do you have a beauty insider with us today? No? Would like to sign up for one? It's completely free ! (Make sure you know what it is and how it works, and if you don't know, make it up!
    The second "scene" we did was a return, they wanna see how you would hand a return scenario"
    What you wanna say is stuff like
    •what was it you didn't like about it?
    •if you want, I can grab ""Emily" from our skin care and what she can do is find what DOES work for you , and what will perfectly suit you.
    -show you care, try to either get them to exchange or buy something else that will be better for them.

3rd interview was with the store director. Again, super friendly, but remained professional. Asked me questions about my availability, why Sephora , what I'm looking for our of this job, basic questions like that. This is the most import interview, it will ultimately decide whether you get the job or not.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora?   1 Answer
    • Has there been a time where you went above and beyond for a costumer.   1 Answer
    • What does costumer service mean to you?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Syracuse, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I participated in a group interview with two other people. We were asked a bunch of typical retail questions. Three days later I was called back for. Second interview with the store directer. That interview was more personal. It was more of a Q&A on my experience and more casual. We spoke for about ten minutes and she ended up offering me a job. But she said I was over qualified for cashier and told me she was putting me up in color. Better than I could have expected.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I did not have a group interview. I applied online for both Cashier and Color Consultant positions and nearly a month passed without hearing any thing back. I decided to print my resume and hand it in to the management in person. While in the store, one of the managers asked me a few brief, casual questions about why I wanted to work there and what my availability was. I then received a call back in the next 3 days.

I was scheduled an interview with the Assistant Store Director a week later, and another week later, I interviewed with the Store Director. It took her another week to call back and finally offer me a position.

I gave this a neutral position because I was told by the Assistant Director that it was a permanent position, but later told by the Director that it was only for seasonal. The process took almost 2 months. The positions were posted online in late July, but they told me they do not officially hire until October.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply for Sephora?   Answer Question
    • (For part-time position) How can you balance this job with other obligations in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Edison, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Process was fast, they called the day after I applied. Began two weeks after I met with the hiring manager and store director on two interviews. They asked basic customer service questions on the first interview, the second was just to talk with the store director so they can see your people skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Tigard, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was called a few days later for a group interview for the following week. It was 5 ladies including myself, the cash wrap coordinator and a manager. Both ladies were super nice, made the entire interview comfortable. I was invited back to meet with the store director. They called me a week later saying they were interested in having me on the team but I ended up declining since I accepted a really great opportunity elsewhere. They were so awesome to ask me if the could keep my application for the holidays, and I told them yes. Thank you Sephora for making the process easy and comfortable!
    My advice for the interview: Wear all black (I wore a black blazer and shirt, black skinny pants, and black heels), bring your resume and cover letter, be sure to practice your answers before your interview, and just be happy! Don't go on and on about how you love make-up, that's why you're there, you need to make it clear WHY you want to work in makeup, you need to be a team player and someone who is focused on making your clients happy.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about store policies, and have you ever broken a rule or policy?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

We just walked over to starbucks and she asked me questions it was very relaxed. She asked me a bunch of questions and was intent on getting to know me.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (Riverside, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

1st interview was a group interview with about 5 other people conducted by the assistant and skin care lead. we went around the circle answering questions.It was a very fun and laid back atmosphere. 2nd interview was with the store manager, I talked about my previous experience and other positions available with in the store. 3rd interview was a demo with the SM again, it was suppose to be with the DM but she was unavailable. I ended up having a demo for the stock team. I was brought to a gondola and asked what needed to be done, what I would look for, and how to handle certain circumstances. Its best to dress business casual in all black as if you worked there and with makeup done, its a chance to present your interest in the products.