Sephora Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.6

129 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I got to sephora and right away was welcomed and I asked for manager , we went to the back on a one
On one interview. She sat down I sat down she asked some basic questions and if I had any questions questions for her .. and she said if they liked me they would give me call back that usually takes 3 interviews and if I wasn't a fit they would email me still haven't gotten a call for next interview or an email keeping hope up

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The interview process took three days. I was called on a Saturday, had my first interview the next day, and then my second interview that Monday. Both of them were group interviews.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you personalized an experience for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was called in for an interview about 1 week later. It was a group interview of about 10 people. The questions pertained to customer service and little to do with makeup experience. They're looking for people who are upbeat and friendly. About 2 weeks after the interview, they called me asking for two references. Once the background check was cleared, I was brought it for training almost immediately

Interview Questions

• What would you do when a client finished paying for a bottle of perfume, drops it, and it ends up breaking   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Thorough, there were three interviews. One as a group and two on my own. The interviewers were kind and patient. There were a lot of hypothetical questions during the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an e-mail with an invitation to a job fair that would hold on-the-spot interviews. I show up and there are about 10 other people standing in the hallway looking confused. They said they were way behind on interviews and to just wait. 30 minutes later, they announce that they will be breaking us up into groups and performing group interviews instead.

I was in a group with 6 others and we were asked different questions by 3 different managers. Totally disorganized and you could tell they had no intention of hiring any of us, just tried to get through the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you personalized a situation for a customer   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora in June 2017.

Interview

My interview started at 4 and was over at 5:30. Me and 2 other girls had a group interview together. Similar to most other peoples interviews there were blocks on a table and one person got to look at the picture for 15 seconds and instruct the other girls, only using words, how to do the blocks and we did 2 different shapes. The next part of the interview was called "The Next Big Thing" where you had to pick from 4 different ideas/events that would help sales in a certain department of Jcpenny. Then you get 10 minutes to write a sales pitch on your paper and why you think it would drive the most sales. Then you will present to the group and after that you and your group will discuss together who you think had the best pitch and nominate them. Lastly, we just wrote our full names and availabilities on a piece of paper and it was over.

Some things I would recommend to do:
    1. Get to the interview 15 minutes early and start conversation with the other girls and smile at them and seem interested in getting to know them
    2. Show that you can work with a team and be a leader at the same time
    3. Don't be overpowering and seem like you have to be right. It is ok if your pitch doesn't get chosen.
    4. Going back to 3, if your pitch doesn't get chosen then vote for who you think did the best and really compliment everything good about their pitch.
    5. Really stress in your pitch that jcpenny and Sephora is more that just a store that it is a family and that it is important to make sure everyone feels welcomed.
    6. If you don't know that much about make up make sure that you make it clear that you want to learn and that you are good with customers.
    7. At the end of the interview ask well thoughtout questions that show you are really interested.
    8. Again, SMILE SMILE SMILE

"You can learn how to do eyeshadow perfectly and how to do eyebrows but you can't learn a passion and a love to work with others and make them feel uplifted"

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. We just did the group activities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

This was a relatively short interview. Usually in larger groups but I only had one other person in mine with two managers. Very nice, respectful, open interview to get to know you and your passion for beauty

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

May go through 2-3 interviews, with specialist and then store manager and then even district manager depending on position applying for. Asked basic questions on experience and abilities. Then interviewed on what you can bring to the company if hired. District manager interviews are mostly for management positions and possibly for employees being made permanent from seasonal positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy it was a really chill environment the people who interviewed me were very nice and professional I interviewed with one other girl as well the overall process was good I was just very nervous. DONT go into a Sephora interview nervous

Interview Questions

• Name one time you've dealt with a dude customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Mission Viejo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was mislead on interview times and process by mgmt. I think its hard to get hired if your outside thier clique. When I called her back she place me hold for a hour.

Interview Questions

• I have couple basic questions about background.   1 Answer