Sephora Cast Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Cast Member Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Durham, NC).

Interview

I was asked about my experience with makeup/skincare, what Instagram/social media pages I followed, what stores/brands I like. They asked me about my schooling, and where I saw my career with Sephora in the future.

Interview Questions

• What Beauty Instagram pages do you follow?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. They called me and told me when I could come in for my first day.

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Tacoma, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I received a phone call from a cast member in the store and it was a screening interview over phone, this lasted for about 20 minutes. It was quite relaxed, all the questions you would expect. After this, I was scheduled for a second one-on-one interview in person. Interview went well.

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

My interview process was very simple it was one on one with the store manager I interviewed for a brand-new store. She was very nice it was my first beauty retail job but I had a lot of retail experience going into it she asked what I wanted to do with the company and was very helpful, training is awesome you get everything given to you. They prepare you for anything

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you be a good fit tell me about yourself what's your favorite products ect   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Clinton Township, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

A group interview where they asked about your previous customer service skills and experiences. They gave you situations and asked how you would handle them. They explained how their store operates and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you gave great customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

Got called in for a one on one interview. Waited 2 weeks for second interview with store director. Waited 2 weeks for demo interview. Then got called in for orientation.

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora in September 2015.

Interview

I went to a job fair and immediately went through all 3 interviews , they asked mostly about availability and experience it is intimidating so make sure you're prepared to research on the history of the store , know some products, be honest about experience. Wear all black and have a good neutral make up look applied. I felt very confident leaving the interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate client   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (New Orleans, LA) in September 2015.

Interview

Talked to manager why would I like to work here, one on one sat down talked about time available for work and working with people why did I like to work with people. Product information as well as trying things going over company

Interview Questions

• Sales experience/ working with public, what's expectant from working with customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After a week I called to speak to someone in hiring in regards to an application I submitted(this happened about 4x so be prepared and know who to ask for and when).

The first interview- was a group interview. There were 2 other girls & myself. We sat in the malls food court and responded to questions in no particular order. ( it's very important to be confident for this part). I have like zero notable work experience, my competition was an English teacher of 10+ yrs, who had been selling Avon on the side & a recent cosmetology grad, who had been working as a freelance mua. Both applicants appeared to be far more experienced in customer service, make-up application and sales, but I guess the interviewer loved my mcDonalds horror stories and the fact that I didn't try too hard to laugh at corny jokes or force myself to be engaging.

To my surprise almost a week later I received a call to have a 2nd interview with a manager from the color dept. The sephora hiring process is very long and very drawn out...😩😩😩

The 2nd interview was brief. Mostly just a repeat of the first interview but with a different person and it's one-on-one. This interview was way more comfortable, the interviewer was very pleasant and expressed how she really like me but I was told that a third and final interview would need to be setup before u could become an official "cast member".

So to be continued...

Interview Questions

• Q: What is a company or brand that excels in customer service and why?

Q:A former boss that you liked/dislike and why?

Q: Your favorite sephora brand/products?

Q: Name a core value that you find important to a company and explain.
      Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Was a fun experience , did a one on one interview then a demo. The demo consisted of me "working" the sales floor and helping out customers while being watched by the hireling manager.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Arlington, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied for Sephora Pentagon Mall in Arlington Virginia over the internet. I received a call about 2 weeks later. They had invited to a group interview and gave me three dates and times to choose from. I did a lot of preparation for the group interview because I had never ben on one and I wanted to make sure that I stood out in the group, I didn't want to be looked over or over shadowed. I practice basic interview questions, and researched a few other suggested question that someone on youtube said they had answered on a Sephora group interview. Its a great idea to research the company as well and know their mission statement so that you could use it in your answers. They day of my group interview I dressed professionally in all black attire, mostly trying to look the part of an already established make up artist. I wore foundation, filled in my brows, liner, mascara, and a bright red matte lipstick because I knew that the girls I mostly see working their wear red lipstick. My group interview was with two other candidates, but later I found out they we were not applying for the same position, which was a relief because this one guy had way more experience than I had. At first I was a little nervous but after I loosened up and felt comfortable my answers were more genuine and flowed out more easily. She asked questions like "Why do you want to work for Sephora?" Please DONT say because I love make up. Trust me the other applicants will say that, and saying because I love make up doesn't explain why you choose Sephora specifically. I said " I wanted to work for Sephora because I was a frequent shopper of theirs. I noticed that every time I visited the store the employers were always positive and happy. I realized that they were happy because they had a passion for what they were doing. I too have a passion for skin care and make up artistry. Also I know that Sephora offers exceptional education and quality training in the career field in which I want to pursue." She also asked " What is the one thing that you think about before you go to bed at night and first thing in the morning, that one thing you have to complete or that you desire to do before you leave this earth?" I had never been asked this question on an interview, and I had not practice this either but it just came natural to me. My response was " Most people work jobs they have no desire doing. They get up every morning dreading going into work because their not passionate about it. I watched my mother struggle with this problem for years bouncing around from one job to another. I want a career that I am passionate about, something that I am eager to run off and do in the morning. Something that makes me so happy that is doesn't even feel like work! And for me that's make up. I like the versatility and the freedom to paint your face and express yourself that day." I think that she loved this answer. She asked a bunch of customer service questions as well. Be sure to take two extra copied of your resume in a neat black folder, and a notepad and pen. You may not need it but it just looks professional and my help you stand out because others may not have that. Try and answer most of the questions first, NOT ALL of them because you don't want to be overbearing. Sit up straight not lean on the table, SMILE SMILE SMILE! Try and make a funny joke in you answer to get them to laugh. Show your personality. Look directly at the other candidates when they are speaking as well, it shows you are attentive. And the end ask questions!!!!!! Make sure when they say do you any question, DO NOT SAY NO!!!! I got a call later that say day for a second interview, it was scheduled for two days later. I just went to that interview again dressed the same, same makeup but a pink lip with my folder and notepad. This time is was one on one she just asked questions about my goals and past positions. I kept the same demeanor as I didn't the first one, made a few jokes and smiled. THEY WILL CALL YOUR REFERENCES! After that interview again ask questions. I was bold enough to ask her " Is there anything that I may have said or done today that may lead you to believe that I am not fit for the position?" Her response " Girl please, you did perfect on the group interview and you did perfect today. I am scheduling you to meet with the store manager tomorrow at four." So it looks like I have the job. Hopefully my pointers work well for you as it did for it me. She also noticed that I have a notepad and pen and my resumes, and she noted that on her pad. So extra points for that. GOOD LUCK!!

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing that you think about before you go to bed at night and first thing in the morning, that one thing you have to complete or that you desire to do before you leave this earth?"   1 Answer