Sephora Cast Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cast Member Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sephora in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was very short & there were simple questions based on past work experience & how they would contribute to the position applying for. Most cast member seen at the store don't even wear makeup while working & most of the time have their hair in what looks like a slept in bun. The only skin care knowledge they know is based off the skin IQ screen that tells them what a product is used for and how to use it. I'm very knowledgeable about makeup and skin products and not even 3 years of customer service experience in high-volume atmospheres was enough to get a job offer. Go to the interview with no makeup skills or knowledge and you just may be hired with a 20/hr per week part time job since apparently they only offer full time positions to "few" and "certain" employees.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were doing a facial and you were the only one on the skincare floor due to call outs & you had 10 other customers waiting in line?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Durham, NC).

Interview

I was asked about my experience with makeup/skincare, what Instagram/social media pages I followed, what stores/brands I like. They asked me about my schooling, and where I saw my career with Sephora in the future.

Interview Questions

• What Beauty Instagram pages do you follow?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. They called me and told me when I could come in for my first day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Tacoma, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I received a phone call from a cast member in the store and it was a screening interview over phone, this lasted for about 20 minutes. It was quite relaxed, all the questions you would expect. After this, I was scheduled for a second one-on-one interview in person. Interview went well.

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

My interview process was very simple it was one on one with the store manager I interviewed for a brand-new store. She was very nice it was my first beauty retail job but I had a lot of retail experience going into it she asked what I wanted to do with the company and was very helpful, training is awesome you get everything given to you. They prepare you for anything

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you be a good fit tell me about yourself what's your favorite products ect   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Clinton Township, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

A group interview where they asked about your previous customer service skills and experiences. They gave you situations and asked how you would handle them. They explained how their store operates and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you gave great customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

Got called in for a one on one interview. Waited 2 weeks for second interview with store director. Waited 2 weeks for demo interview. Then got called in for orientation.

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora in September 2015.

Interview

I went to a job fair and immediately went through all 3 interviews , they asked mostly about availability and experience it is intimidating so make sure you're prepared to research on the history of the store , know some products, be honest about experience. Wear all black and have a good neutral make up look applied. I felt very confident leaving the interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate client   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (New Orleans, LA) in September 2015.

Interview

Talked to manager why would I like to work here, one on one sat down talked about time available for work and working with people why did I like to work with people. Product information as well as trying things going over company

Interview Questions

• Sales experience/ working with public, what's expectant from working with customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After a week I called to speak to someone in hiring in regards to an application I submitted(this happened about 4x so be prepared and know who to ask for and when).

The first interview- was a group interview. There were 2 other girls & myself. We sat in the malls food court and responded to questions in no particular order. ( it's very important to be confident for this part). I have like zero notable work experience, my competition was an English teacher of 10+ yrs, who had been selling Avon on the side & a recent cosmetology grad, who had been working as a freelance mua. Both applicants appeared to be far more experienced in customer service, make-up application and sales, but I guess the interviewer loved my mcDonalds horror stories and the fact that I didn't try too hard to laugh at corny jokes or force myself to be engaging.

To my surprise almost a week later I received a call to have a 2nd interview with a manager from the color dept. The sephora hiring process is very long and very drawn out...😩😩😩

The 2nd interview was brief. Mostly just a repeat of the first interview but with a different person and it's one-on-one. This interview was way more comfortable, the interviewer was very pleasant and expressed how she really like me but I was told that a third and final interview would need to be setup before u could become an official "cast member".

So to be continued...

Interview Questions

• Q: What is a company or brand that excels in customer service and why?

Q:A former boss that you liked/dislike and why?

Q: Your favorite sephora brand/products?

Q: Name a core value that you find important to a company and explain.   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Was a fun experience , did a one on one interview then a demo. The demo consisted of me "working" the sales floor and helping out customers while being watched by the hireling manager.