Sephora Color Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.5

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Huntington Station, NY).

Interview

Overall took about two weeks to get hired. Most applicants will do a demo makeover to assess their skills. Applying around the holidays is the best way to get in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Employee in Hilo, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Hilo, HI).

Interview

It was quick and easy and I thought the interview was pretty standard. It was a group interview with about 4 other girls and three out of the five of us got hired

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client broke an expensive perfume she had just purchased   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (Sacramento, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy interview! Very calm and relaxed. We were in a one on one setting in her office. Her office was definitely Sephorafied! I wore all black and made sure my makeup was perfect. It was a very easy interview. Manger was very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

the interview process takes forever, but it seems like it is completely worth it in the long run. you have your phone interview, then a demo (where you bring a model into the store and do their makeup as if they were a client), and then another interview with the store director after that.

Interview Questions

• what made you want this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Emeryville, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth, we did okay phone tag for a bit but communication was very consistent. I had a phone interview first then a second interview for a face to face and finally the third interview and I got a call back in 3 days notifying me of and offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your top 3 favorite product lines that sephora offers   1 Answer
    • Why sephora?   1 Answer

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Applied on line. 2 weeks after I applied I received a call to interview. Then I was asked to interview with another store director at another location and 2 weeks after thst I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

I had three interviews with different shop workers and a test on how I was doing makeup.
    The first interview was group.
    The second was with one more person.
     The last interview was one-on-one

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a very long process. Be prepared to wait. I have been applying to Sephora since I was 17 years old. I went to many interviews all across NYC. I finally got the Glorious phone call back from my wonderful manager offering me a position on Nov 2016. There is a lot more during the interview process but everything combined with in GLASS DOOR was very helpful with my interview process.

One good advice I could give to everyone trying to apply is ---> don't give up. Don't get discouraged, it's going to suck at first but trust me when you continue to practice the interview questions and speak from your heart it will show!

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and they emailed me inviting me to a group interview with the color lead consultant a week later.
    They called the next day saying they heard great feedback and wanted to set up an interview with the store manager. Four or five days later, I received a call from the store director asking to meet up for a third, final interview. Got offered after the third interview. Pretty much it !!

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The first interview was with one of their leads. She asked me to tell her about myself and what I did if I saw someone in need of help. I haven't heard back for the second interview yet.

Interview Questions

• In your past job, have you ever seen a co-worker in need? If so, what did you do?   Answer Question