Sephora Color Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Color Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.5

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Applied on line. 2 weeks after I applied I received a call to interview. Then I was asked to interview with another store director at another location and 2 weeks after thst I was hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

I had three interviews with different shop workers and a test on how I was doing makeup.
    The first interview was group.
    The second was with one more person.
     The last interview was one-on-one

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and they emailed me inviting me to a group interview with the color lead consultant a week later.
    They called the next day saying they heard great feedback and wanted to set up an interview with the store manager. Four or five days later, I received a call from the store director asking to meet up for a third, final interview. Got offered after the third interview. Pretty much it !!

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The first interview was with one of their leads. She asked me to tell her about myself and what I did if I saw someone in need of help. I haven't heard back for the second interview yet.

Interview Questions

• In your past job, have you ever seen a co-worker in need? If so, what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about a month later I got an email about setting up an interview. I interviewed with two managers and it was very relaxed and welcoming. I told her how much I was looking to be paid and she said she'd give me 50 cents more. I also applied for cashier but she asked me what my preferred place at Sephora would be. She told me that she just wanted me to be comfortable where I start. I told her color and she had me do my demo right there. The demo was actually a lot of fun - I basically just walked around and helped customers and sometimes helped specific people that they directed me to. They seemed very impressed with my experience (I currently work at ULTA) but it seemed like they would be totally down to hire me even if I didn't have the experience. Just be yourself and love eductaing people on beauty and you've got the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself   1 Answer
    • What's an example of great customer service?   1 Answer
    • What would be the biggest challenge for you working at Sephora?   1 Answer

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

6 days after I applied I got a call and a 5-minute phone interview was conducted. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview and that was set for 3 days later. I went in and had a group interview with 2 other girls. It was very natural and not forced, they clearly we looking for people to be themselves. After the interview, everyone was told they'd hear back within a week or maybe a bit more. I was then stopped on my way out and asked if I could do my "demo" then. (This was a makeup application of one of their express services on an employee to demonstrate my skills. I had the Makeup Forever brand rep and Store Talent Manager watching. I finished was very nicely but helpfully critiqued then told references would be checked and I should know within 2 hours. 29 minutes my offer email came through with 2.00 more than I asked for and a start date of the following day!

Biggest hint: learn about the company, watch youtube videos on being hired, prepare for this and flaunt it!!!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online for Color Consultant with no makeup experience and was called in for a group interview a few days later. I was surprised that I got the interview but figured they might like my customer service background (4 years). The two other girls didn't show up, so it was a 1 on 1 interview with a manager. The interviewer had no idea what position I had applied for, what my resume was like, or even my name. She was just as confused as I was as to how I actually got the interview. Nevertheless, she was still very nice and said she would consider me for the Cashier position. She asked a lot of STAR questions ("Tell me about a time when..."). I haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in the makeup world? Tell me about a time you had a challenging customer. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. What is your favorite makeup product? Who are your inspirations at the moment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

There was an online application that took approximately 15 minutes. It took about 1 month to get a call back to schedule an interview. A week after the first interview, I scheduled a second interview. After the second interview they said they would call me back in about 1-2 days, if not within a week. Three weeks later I received a call with an offer.

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied over a month ago and once i got a call back the whole process took about 3 weeks. I had 3 interviews all of which were one on one. They asked very standard questions me mostly about retail and customer service. They were pretty laid back. I got a job offer about a week after the 3rd interview.

Interview Questions

• Customer oriented questions, a lot of the questions about past experiences   Answer Question

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora in June 2016.

Interview

Sephora interviews happen in 3 parts. First, a group interview. Mine was with two other girls in the mall food court. Next were two one on one interviews with various store directors.

Interview Questions

• Asked us to critique our former employers on what they had done wrong.   Answer Question