Sephora Cashier/Seasonal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.3

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online in July and got an email early August inviting me to a Sephora job fair that was two weeks from then. The email stated that I needed to RSVP to attend so I did. Job fair day rolls around and there were two times to show up to be interviewed, 9am-12pm and 2pm-6pm. I went during the earlier slot and I signed in and was checked in by one of the managers. There were four tables that sat up to five people and multiple people interviewing the tables of candidates. My group had 5-6 people and we interviewed with the first manager whereupon she told us that some of us may be asked to stay for additional questioning. I was among the 3 that they asked to stay and we interviewed with another woman for a while. It sounds super stressful but the two ladies we interviewed with were so sweet and personable that it completely calmed my nerves. All in all, took about 45 minutes and she told us to expect an answer within two weeks. I received an email stating that they were interested in bringing me on to their seasonal team six weeks later (yesterday) and were finalizing start dates and such and wanted to know if I was still interested! I responded that I was completely on board and thanked her.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work at Sephora?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

It began with a group interview of 4 people where we were asked questions and given simple scenarios, then it went to the one on on interview where I was asked to sell a product giving my reasons for my recommendation.

Interview Questions

• If you have a client who regularly shops here and as she is leaving she drops the perfume she just purchased will you take an exchange for a new one?   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

First I had a phone screen, then an in-person interview with two other candidates, then a final one-on-one interview where I was offered the position. They moved pretty quickly because it was only a few weeks before Black Friday.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in being a cashier or working in color?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora in June 2016.

Interview

I participated in 2 group interviews and was offered the job all within the span of a week. The interviewers were friendly and warm, and they asked thoughtful questions. Dress was business casual.

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora? What do you bring to the table? What defines a leader? Tell us about a past manager that inspired you. How do you define customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Group interview- five to six questions asked with opportunity for three to four of us to speak at a time. Very quick, only took about forty five minutes. Very casual, but answers were recorded and talked about among the group.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you disagreed with a previous manger and how you worked through that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I had applied online many times during the summer and reapplied again in early October and finally heard a called back. Sephora seems to be really bad with online applications unless you go directly to the store, so I would recommend that.

The first was a phone screening asking me my availabilities and if I know anything about makeup and skincare, lasted about 5 minutes. 2 days later I met up with the hiring manager, 1 on 1, we stepped outside of Sephora to talk more. Interview was about 20 minutes, just be prepared and look at Glassdoor to see what questions they'll ask you, it seems pretty standard from everyone else who wrote about it.

The hiring manager didn't seem friendly and was really business-like, almost stoic. He told me the open positions they had and told me this was just a seasonal position. After the interview he said they would be making their final decisions in the next few days.

I decided not to accept the position when I got the offer because the hours sucks! They have on-calls 2-3X a week (as expected from retails and during holidays too) and only offered 4 hours a day at $10/hr for seasonal. I would recommend this job to anyone who doesn't mind those but other than that, don't fall for the gratis (if you even get it, heard seasonal don't receive gratis) or discounts.

Pretty disappointed in Sephora, but its a retail business so I shouldn't expect too much.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What defines a leader? How do you define customer service? Tell a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handle it. What is your dream job? Tell a time you received great customer service. Why do you want to work at Sephora? Are you traveling for holidays? Can you work on Thanksgiving?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Culver City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a breeze. It had two steps, first a group interview with three other people. we were interview by some one named desiree, she asked us all the same questions and we took turns answering. questions were all simple. when it was over she told us she will get back to us the next week. So that next week I got a phone call for another last minute interview that next day and they thanked me for being able to come last minute wish I loved. I was interview by someone named Nicole, she was the sweetest. She only asked about my experience in the past and love my experience in beauty and thought I would be great with their clients. I originally applied for the stock position, but she offered me the cashier position instead and I took it.

Interview Questions

• how would I handle a situation or disagreement with a coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Lake Grove, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at two stores. The first was a group interview which lasted about an hour. I was not a fan, it seemed very impersonal and intimidating. I did not hear back after this interview. I later had a 1:1 interview at another location. This interview went great. The whole process was fairly easy and lasted about 30 mins. Everyone there was incredibly friendly. I heard back the same day.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied in March and got a call for an interview in April. She just mentioned to come in for an interview, she did not mention it would be a group interview. It was 2 interviewers and 7 including me interviewing for Cashier position. We walk to a Starbucks literally next door. The sephora we interviewed at was a free standing sephora inside a mall. So we sat down on some couches and we began the interview. They said they were going to ask questions and when you feel like you have an answer to just go ahead and answer, there's no order. So that happened, and she asked everyone there availability. She also mentioned that it was specially seasonal so that meant only a few out of the many that are seasonal are selected to continue as a core member after two months. That is if you prove and show that you should be selected over everyone else. That was basically it, i it took exactly one hour. It was kind of diifult because you say something and others say almost the exact thing in a different manner. You also try your best to answer first but others will almost interrupt you and beat you to it. It was very fun and casual, not too bad.

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How would your current/old boss describe you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were shopping and you receive great customer service, what was it like?   Answer Question
    • If you were the owner of a store and a customer just bought an expensive perfume and dropped it while they were at the mall, and they came back to talk to you, would you return it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied online and then a few days later I received a phone call from the hiring manager asking if I could attend a group interview. I went and a few days later they called a few people to come in really early and do a role-play of cashier/client interaction with the store director and manager. After the role-play, the store director asked me if I wanted the position. A few months after I got hired, I went from seasonal to core.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all really simple. A lot about past jobs and how they would influence your position at Sephora   1 Answer