Sephora Cashier/Seasonal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Cashier/Seasonal Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.3

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

First I had a phone screen, then an in-person interview with two other candidates, then a final one-on-one interview where I was offered the position. They moved pretty quickly because it was only a few weeks before Black Friday.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in being a cashier or working in color?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora in June 2016.

Interview

I participated in 2 group interviews and was offered the job all within the span of a week. The interviewers were friendly and warm, and they asked thoughtful questions. Dress was business casual.

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora? What do you bring to the table? What defines a leader? Tell us about a past manager that inspired you. How do you define customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Culver City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a breeze. It had two steps, first a group interview with three other people. we were interview by some one named desiree, she asked us all the same questions and we took turns answering. questions were all simple. when it was over she told us she will get back to us the next week. So that next week I got a phone call for another last minute interview that next day and they thanked me for being able to come last minute wish I loved. I was interview by someone named Nicole, she was the sweetest. She only asked about my experience in the past and love my experience in beauty and thought I would be great with their clients. I originally applied for the stock position, but she offered me the cashier position instead and I took it.

Interview Questions

• how would I handle a situation or disagreement with a coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I had applied online many times during the summer and reapplied again in early October and finally heard a called back. Sephora seems to be really bad with online applications unless you go directly to the store, so I would recommend that.

The first was a phone screening asking me my availabilities and if I know anything about makeup and skincare, lasted about 5 minutes. 2 days later I met up with the hiring manager, 1 on 1, we stepped outside of Sephora to talk more. Interview was about 20 minutes, just be prepared and look at Glassdoor to see what questions they'll ask you, it seems pretty standard from everyone else who wrote about it.

The hiring manager didn't seem friendly and was really business-like, almost stoic. He told me the open positions they had and told me this was just a seasonal position. After the interview he said they would be making their final decisions in the next few days.

I decided not to accept the position when I got the offer because the hours sucks! They have on-calls 2-3X a week (as expected from retails and during holidays too) and only offered 4 hours a day at $10/hr for seasonal. I would recommend this job to anyone who doesn't mind those but other than that, don't fall for the gratis (if you even get it, heard seasonal don't receive gratis) or discounts.

Pretty disappointed in Sephora, but its a retail business so I shouldn't expect too much.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What defines a leader? How do you define customer service? Tell a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handle it. What is your dream job? Tell a time you received great customer service. Why do you want to work at Sephora? Are you traveling for holidays? Can you work on Thanksgiving?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Lake Grove, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at two stores. The first was a group interview which lasted about an hour. I was not a fan, it seemed very impersonal and intimidating. I did not hear back after this interview. I later had a 1:1 interview at another location. This interview went great. The whole process was fairly easy and lasted about 30 mins. Everyone there was incredibly friendly. I heard back the same day.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied in March and got a call for an interview in April. She just mentioned to come in for an interview, she did not mention it would be a group interview. It was 2 interviewers and 7 including me interviewing for Cashier position. We walk to a Starbucks literally next door. The sephora we interviewed at was a free standing sephora inside a mall. So we sat down on some couches and we began the interview. They said they were going to ask questions and when you feel like you have an answer to just go ahead and answer, there's no order. So that happened, and she asked everyone there availability. She also mentioned that it was specially seasonal so that meant only a few out of the many that are seasonal are selected to continue as a core member after two months. That is if you prove and show that you should be selected over everyone else. That was basically it, i it took exactly one hour. It was kind of diifult because you say something and others say almost the exact thing in a different manner. You also try your best to answer first but others will almost interrupt you and beat you to it. It was very fun and casual, not too bad.

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How would your current/old boss describe you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were shopping and you receive great customer service, what was it like?   Answer Question
    • If you were the owner of a store and a customer just bought an expensive perfume and dropped it while they were at the mall, and they came back to talk to you, would you return it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied online and then a few days later I received a phone call from the hiring manager asking if I could attend a group interview. I went and a few days later they called a few people to come in really early and do a role-play of cashier/client interaction with the store director and manager. After the role-play, the store director asked me if I wanted the position. A few months after I got hired, I went from seasonal to core.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all really simple. A lot about past jobs and how they would influence your position at Sephora   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

I went in to buy some translucent powder and I just asked if they were hiring and she said yes. So I applied that night and called in the morning. And the manager Phyllis set up an interview the following week. It was 3 of us in the room and we were asked the same questions. It lasted about 30 minutes and that was it. I called for a follow up 4 days later and they still were processing. Then I got a call 3 days after I called to accept an offer!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a call a few days later for a group interview. Myself and four other girls interviewed for a seasonal cashier position. I was called the next day in NYC at Sephora University which was a great experience.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Monday and received a call that Wednesday from the assistant manager. She asked why I chose to apply at sephora, if I had retail experience, what my availability was like, and if I was going home for the holidays(because it is a seasonal position). At the end of the call she invited me to a group interview the following friday with the manager of the store. The interview was held at the starbucks in the mall, it was supposed to be a group interview of 6 but 4 people didn't show(very unusual). The manager was really nice, I was the first to show up so we chatted until the second girl came then he asked us both to tell him about our selves. He also asked why we chose sephora, and my least favorite or favorite customer I had dealt with at my last job. He asked us if we had questions and that's a key thing, definitely ask questions! I asked what tips he would give to a new hire to help them be successful at sephora and why he chose sephora out of all the cosmetic companies to work with and what made him stay with the company for so long(he had mentioned he was with the company for 10 years). The interview was about 40 minutes long. I work black skinny jeans, a black chiffon top, and black booties. They called me the following wednesday for a second interview that friday that was then rescheduled for the following monday. I had a one on one with the assistant manager in store where she asked why Sephora, what my hobbies were, what I was studying in school, then went over my availability again as well as seeing if I was going home for the holidays. I told her I would be staying for thanksgiving but that I wanted to go home for at least a week for christmas because my residence hall would be closed(I'm a college student). She told me that technically they aren't supposed to hire people who request holidays off but she said it shouldn't be a problem. She then offered me a job and I accepted! With holiday hires they want to make sure you have customer service experience and that you have retail experience even if its not with makeup.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why Sephora?
      What's your work experience/retail experience?
      What's one great or terrible experience you've had with a customer?
      What are your hobbies?