Sephora Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Sephora

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

The woman who interviewed me asked the essential questions. It was easy. She wanted to know my passions, what interests me, if I have any previous experience in beauty and in retail. She was very nice and direct. You must dress in all black.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora in November 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy interview. Everyone in the store was nice and helpful as well. I’m still waiting for a call back to see how it went, but I feel like it went well!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a cashier position (seasonal). A few days later I received a call back requesting for an interview. I was able to schedule the interview for a few days before. I heard back within 2 weeks.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora in February 2017.

Interview

Its a 4 step interview process, make sure your referrals answer the phone and say good things. The first interview will be over the phone. The second interview will be in person with one of the store leads, than one more time with the store director. than they call your referrals.

Interview Questions

• What to do when the phone ringing and you have a client infant of you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call after she reviewed my online application & then was asked to come in for a 1-on-1 interview. The phone call was 5 minutes asking why I wanted to work at Sephora and what I could bring to the table. The in person interview lasted about 20 minutes talking about my schedule, when I could work, training requirements, and more questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sephora?   Answer Question
    • When was a time in your previous job when you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. Try to talk about the positive things in your retail or beauty experience. If describing problem solve situations, talk about how you turned it around.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had an issue with a customer, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Paramus, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview of 4 of us and one manager was asking the questions while several others observed/took notes/etc. It was very conversational and not interrogative. She asked about life experiences, not even retail-related, that led you to the brand identity of Sephora which is heavily based on client service. Then, I was selected along with another girl for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What was an experience where someone went above and beyond?   1 Answer
    • What are two words your last supervisor would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Roseville, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a long interview process ever. Took about 2 months to get hired. There was a phone interview, group interview, 1 on 1 interview, a demo interview, & an interview with the store director

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions in the first 3 rounds. The demo interview you are given 3 scenarios you need to act out. 1 on 1 was more personal questions about your families & personal experiences, same with the interview with the store director   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negation

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was very thorough, lots of feedback. Hiring manager was very open about where the need in the store was and how promotions are done from within. Also about new Sephora stores going up in the area so room for growth and opportunity were definitely available

Interview Questions

• Asked about career path, if Sephora was something you plan to grow with   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora in October 2014.

Interview

I got called in for an interview, there was two management ladies working with me. They gave me 5-15 minutes (depending on how much I needed) to look around the store and be familiar with where stuff is and the products they had. I had to act as if I worked there and they came in the store looking for a gift for their daughter as a scenario. I helped them find what they wanted and then they told me all the good things I did and some things I could do next time. One of the managers said she would be hiring me and just to wait for a call, she told me what my pay would be and everything. Took less than a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are looking for someone who is not quiet or shy, someone friendly and engaging with their clients.