Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.5

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Burton, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

It really wasn't an interview, I put in an application, a lady call me on the phone and asked me a few questions about customer service and my experience and then scheduled me for an interview. I went to the interview and there were a few other girls. The managers didn't even ask any questions about our experience, what is customer service to us, why we want to work at Sephora. The managers basically just made us work together to build blocks and make sure they were the correct color and in exact order that was on their tablets???? And with that they determined whether you were qualified or not, which made no sense to me, building blocks don't determine whether you're a good worker or great with people and truly know how to provide great customer service and knowledgeable about products. They humiliated a few girls by sending them out of the room amongst everyone who they felt weren't qualified, instead of telling them privately. Very unprofessional! I did research online on what they may ask or have us do during an interview but I never read that they would us build blocks !

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Mission Viejo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was mislead on interview times and process by mgmt. I think its hard to get hired if your outside thier clique. When I called her back she place me hold for a hour.

Interview Questions

• I have couple basic questions about background.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Boston, MA).

Interview

...Group interviews are terrifying. I bombed, lol. I think I would have presented myself better if it had been one on one. I have an esthetician's license and the position I applied for involved inventory management which is something I have a lot of experience in, so I was hoping it would be a good fit. Guess they're looking for a more extroverted personality type.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Burton, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

It was stupid. What does building blocks have to do with customer service and driving sales? The interviewer was very rude, unwelcoming, didn't notice the potential of many ladies. I think some weren't picked because they looked better then the managers or because of racism women of color weren't picked to continued in the interview process, which has been expressed by many. If Sephora wants to expand, like MAC, they need to hire more people of color to bring in more customers of color.

Interview Questions

• None - just built blocks, try to pitch an idea that had nothing to do with Sephora.   Answer Question

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2011.

Interview

Got called for a 1x1 interview. She went into previous job history, then asked ways in which I related past sales experience to potential situations on the sales floor and with other peers. Had a second interview with another store manager (this was for a leadership position). Then got called for a third interview with the district manager. Then a phone interview with a Regional Manager. Finally, hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most favorite boss, and your least favorite boss and why.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Roseville, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a long interview process ever. Took about 2 months to get hired. There was a phone interview, group interview, 1 on 1 interview, a demo interview, & an interview with the store director

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions in the first 3 rounds. The demo interview you are given 3 scenarios you need to act out. 1 on 1 was more personal questions about your families & personal experiences, same with the interview with the store director   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negation

Color Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

it was not that serious i just came in to it, sat down, spoke with some one, they asked me a series of questions i answered them and that IS REALLY BOUT IT,

Cosmetic Sales Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Natick, MA).

Interview

I applied online via website; was called by two different locations for interviews; told to call the store which was farther away to disqualify me, in order to be considered at the closer location. I called the "manager" back ASap & was given a next-day in person, at store interview. Interview lasted 30 min or so. Seemed to go very well; I used all interview skills I've learned in how to obtain (almost) any job. I was told I'd get a call "No later than Monday, four days later, to "follow up". Was not given any call. It wasn't until I checked my email, that I was told "We hired someone that better met job requirements" (Then why was I scheduled an interview 1 day after contacting them back)? Very rude company. I'd stay away from this elitist philosophy. Unless you're into selling "black magic" eyeliner & "book of shadows" eye shadow palettes. (It's true, see official website). They seem to have a specific criteria for employees, which has nothing to do with work ethic, experience, & ALL to do with the exterior. I'm done wasting my money on their "cake up". I'm a very outgoing, "naturally beautiful" YOUNG woman (25) with retail AND cosmetic certification!! I'm complimented daily for my wide, doll eyes, high cheekbones, long heathy brown hair, slim 5'9, 120 lb toned figure & 34D (silicone augmentation), long legs & torso, & very arched neat brows. So, anyone looking to work there, I wouldn't waste even the time to fill out app!!

Interview Questions

• "What do you feel separates sephora from its "competitors"?   1 Answer

Beauty Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Tracy, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

To improve one one self and developed the ability to be one of the company not only as a worker but to have that knowledge to share nor influence others for a great success of the company and capable of giving what is best for customers

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do when a customers complaining that one of your crew just snap out of the customers?   1 Answer

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

it was very formal ...

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to break company policies to make a customer happy   Answer Question