Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.5

Color Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day to set up an interview. As a candidate who has over 20 years of retail management experience in a luxury market, I expected a more professional and thorough process. The interview felt rushed and the person interviewing me kept on checking her watch. I was told I would definitely be getting a call to set up a second interview and.......nothing.

Jcp Sephora Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was fine, interviewer was the rudest woman I've ever met. The interview started with a "talent tryout" where I was given time to look around the store, then the interviewer pretended to be a customer who needed help finding things. I believe she purposely made this extra difficult because she never said what she wanted she just expected me to show her things, and realistically customers will at least have an idea of what they want. The actual interview was pretty standard questions like "what would you do in this situation," "tell me about a time when....," and things along those lines. Even though my resume was right in front of her she made me give a verbal resume which was a little odd. At the end of the interview she told me she still had other applicants to interview, and she would let me know a final decision within 2 weeks. This was over a month ago and I never heard back. I immediately knew I didn't get the job but it's incredibly unprofessional to no actually inform me of it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

A large group interview, followed by a ten minute individual interview. A very long interview process, but you are given the chance to get comfortable and be yourself through team-building exercises.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

It was really weird, it was a group interview they only asked us 3 questions then they had us build a little sculpture out of different colors blocks as a teamwork exercise; and then it was over.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite Sephora products   1 Answer
    • Sell someone our rewards card   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Huntington Station, NY).

Interview

Overall took about two weeks to get hired. Most applicants will do a demo makeover to assess their skills. Applying around the holidays is the best way to get in.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora in June 2017.

Interview

My interview started at 4 and was over at 5:30. Me and 2 other girls had a group interview together. Similar to most other peoples interviews there were blocks on a table and one person got to look at the picture for 15 seconds and instruct the other girls, only using words, how to do the blocks and we did 2 different shapes. The next part of the interview was called "The Next Big Thing" where you had to pick from 4 different ideas/events that would help sales in a certain department of Jcpenny. Then you get 10 minutes to write a sales pitch on your paper and why you think it would drive the most sales. Then you will present to the group and after that you and your group will discuss together who you think had the best pitch and nominate them. Lastly, we just wrote our full names and availabilities on a piece of paper and it was over.

Some things I would recommend to do:
    1. Get to the interview 15 minutes early and start conversation with the other girls and smile at them and seem interested in getting to know them
    2. Show that you can work with a team and be a leader at the same time
    3. Don't be overpowering and seem like you have to be right. It is ok if your pitch doesn't get chosen.
    4. Going back to 3, if your pitch doesn't get chosen then vote for who you think did the best and really compliment everything good about their pitch.
    5. Really stress in your pitch that jcpenny and Sephora is more that just a store that it is a family and that it is important to make sure everyone feels welcomed.
    6. If you don't know that much about make up make sure that you make it clear that you want to learn and that you are good with customers.
    7. At the end of the interview ask well thoughtout questions that show you are really interested.
    8. Again, SMILE SMILE SMILE

"You can learn how to do eyeshadow perfectly and how to do eyebrows but you can't learn a passion and a love to work with others and make them feel uplifted"

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. We just did the group activities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hilo, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Hilo, HI).

Interview

It was quick and easy and I thought the interview was pretty standard. It was a group interview with about 4 other girls and three out of the five of us got hired

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client broke an expensive perfume she had just purchased   Answer Question

Skincare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

They called me the next day to schedule an appointment for an over the phone interview and then I did that and then an in-person one. The process took about a week and a half.

Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process for me took about a month. I got called for an pre-screening and was scheduled for an interview for the next week. Then about a week later was called for a second interview scheduled for about 5 days after on a Friday, but I had to reschedule for the following Monday- which they were totally cool about. Then I was called back that next Friday with a job offer.
    The first interview was some-what difficult with a lot of experience/situational questions, the second was fairly simple. The ladies I interviewed with were so incredibly nice, and it was an overall great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (Sacramento, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy interview! Very calm and relaxed. We were in a one on one setting in her office. Her office was definitely Sephorafied! I wore all black and made sure my makeup was perfect. It was a very easy interview. Manger was very nice.