Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.5

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Marina del Rey, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews in a process that took over a month. I really thought I had the job. They are told me my last interview we would a role play interview to see how I interact with customers, but it ended up being just like the first and then I got an email saying they were going in a different direction which was saddening and frustrating since I had been interviewing for so long.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora in November 2016.

Interview

Ok so let me just start off by saying that I am more than excited to work at Sephora.
    Now with that being said before I even applied I knew I would get the job I am very bubbly and have been in the customer service field for over 5 years.

So, I applied at Sephora for seasonal position
    I searched for interview questions and dress code.
    Now wear all black with a hint of red, makeup should be light but fierce! (I wore a bold color lip stick)
    Dress business casual
    I received a call to meet at a job fair. The district manager, assistant mangers and many other employees were there.

They escorted about 6-7 of us into a room and had us sit and say our names
    We were bombarded with questions all about customer service!
    Make sure you smile a lot and make eye contact.
    I personally answered every question, some say you shouldn't some say you should. I am very bold and I made sure that I put my hand up politely for every question as well as answered it briefly with no extra details

Please as hard as it may seem don't sit there and tell your life story. Just answer the question and let another person talk. Don't interrupt or make any negative facial gestures if there happens to be someone that says their life story. Remember to say thank you and shake everyone's hand.

ALSO FOR ANY JOB INTERVIEW PLEASE RESEARCH THE COMPANY, dress code AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS THAT APPLY TO THAT FIELD. YOU WOULD ALWAYS BE PREPARED AND READY. AND CARRY THANK YOU CARDS!

Interview Questions

• If you had a store and the customer returned with a broken glass fragrance bottle would you return it?   Answer Question
    • Do you have retail experience, if yes, where?   Answer Question
    • Say qualities of a prior store manager that you knew would be successful in the customer service field.   Answer Question
    • What made you apply at Sephora?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora in November 2016.

Interview

After initial HR Round. Schedule a call from Hiring Manager.
    Didn't go well. All java technical questions were asked. Didnt prepare well. I was expecting algorithms questions. All the questions were advanced level mostly focused on Rest services.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was quick and brief. I was interviewed by two managers and they were both very friendly. I got a call an hour later for an offer and i accepted.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Mission Viejo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was mislead on interview times and process by mgmt. I think its hard to get hired if your outside thier clique. When I called her back she place me hold for a hour.

Interview Questions

• I have couple basic questions about background.   1 Answer

Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview within the week. I was interviewed by a manager , but not the store manager. It was a normal interview with typical interview questions.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Culver City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a breeze. It had two steps, first a group interview with three other people. we were interview by some one named desiree, she asked us all the same questions and we took turns answering. questions were all simple. when it was over she told us she will get back to us the next week. So that next week I got a phone call for another last minute interview that next day and they thanked me for being able to come last minute wish I loved. I was interview by someone named Nicole, she was the sweetest. She only asked about my experience in the past and love my experience in beauty and thought I would be great with their clients. I originally applied for the stock position, but she offered me the cashier position instead and I took it.

Interview Questions

• how would I handle a situation or disagreement with a coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Two stage hiring process: first was a group interview, second was one-on-one with the store manager (because it was during November pre-holiday prep, my interview was at 10:30pm). I was hired, and then never heard back about my schedule.

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Tacoma, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I received a phone call from a cast member in the store and it was a screening interview over phone, this lasted for about 20 minutes. It was quite relaxed, all the questions you would expect. After this, I was scheduled for a second one-on-one interview in person. Interview went well.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I had applied online many times during the summer and reapplied again in early October and finally heard a called back. Sephora seems to be really bad with online applications unless you go directly to the store, so I would recommend that.

The first was a phone screening asking me my availabilities and if I know anything about makeup and skincare, lasted about 5 minutes. 2 days later I met up with the hiring manager, 1 on 1, we stepped outside of Sephora to talk more. Interview was about 20 minutes, just be prepared and look at Glassdoor to see what questions they'll ask you, it seems pretty standard from everyone else who wrote about it.

The hiring manager didn't seem friendly and was really business-like, almost stoic. He told me the open positions they had and told me this was just a seasonal position. After the interview he said they would be making their final decisions in the next few days.

I decided not to accept the position when I got the offer because the hours sucks! They have on-calls 2-3X a week (as expected from retails and during holidays too) and only offered 4 hours a day at $10/hr for seasonal. I would recommend this job to anyone who doesn't mind those but other than that, don't fall for the gratis (if you even get it, heard seasonal don't receive gratis) or discounts.

Pretty disappointed in Sephora, but its a retail business so I shouldn't expect too much.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What defines a leader? How do you define customer service? Tell a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handle it. What is your dream job? Tell a time you received great customer service. Why do you want to work at Sephora? Are you traveling for holidays? Can you work on Thanksgiving?   Answer Question