Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.5

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

I had three interviews with different shop workers and a test on how I was doing makeup.
    The first interview was group.
    The second was with one more person.
     The last interview was one-on-one

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews with a group of candidates. They ask you several questions and you have to answer them with the idea of client service being top priority. They want to know that you are skilled in costumer service and provide a shopping experience to the clients.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Marina del Rey, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews in a process that took over a month. I really thought I had the job. They are told me my last interview we would a role play interview to see how I interact with customers, but it ended up being just like the first and then I got an email saying they were going in a different direction which was saddening and frustrating since I had been interviewing for so long.

Skincare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

The Interviewing process was exhausting. I was interviewed 2x for one store, then invited to a beauty recruiting event, then 2 more interviews and the 5th was a demo. At the point i was told to wait one week. I responded with no, that i had been there enough times and I had other job offers. They were proactive and called me before i got home. Otherwise I would have moved on.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to Sephora   1 Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Humble, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

it was one on one right outside JCP on little leather chairs. She asked me why I want to work at Sephora. She asked me what I do on my free time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora in November 2016.

Interview

Ok so let me just start off by saying that I am more than excited to work at Sephora.
    Now with that being said before I even applied I knew I would get the job I am very bubbly and have been in the customer service field for over 5 years.

So, I applied at Sephora for seasonal position
    I searched for interview questions and dress code.
    Now wear all black with a hint of red, makeup should be light but fierce! (I wore a bold color lip stick)
    Dress business casual
    I received a call to meet at a job fair. The district manager, assistant mangers and many other employees were there.

They escorted about 6-7 of us into a room and had us sit and say our names
    We were bombarded with questions all about customer service!
    Make sure you smile a lot and make eye contact.
    I personally answered every question, some say you shouldn't some say you should. I am very bold and I made sure that I put my hand up politely for every question as well as answered it briefly with no extra details

Please as hard as it may seem don't sit there and tell your life story. Just answer the question and let another person talk. Don't interrupt or make any negative facial gestures if there happens to be someone that says their life story. Remember to say thank you and shake everyone's hand.

ALSO FOR ANY JOB INTERVIEW PLEASE RESEARCH THE COMPANY, dress code AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS THAT APPLY TO THAT FIELD. YOU WOULD ALWAYS BE PREPARED AND READY. AND CARRY THANK YOU CARDS!

Interview Questions

• If you had a store and the customer returned with a broken glass fragrance bottle would you return it?   Answer Question
    • Do you have retail experience, if yes, where?   Answer Question
    • Say qualities of a prior store manager that you knew would be successful in the customer service field.   Answer Question
    • What made you apply at Sephora?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview within the week. I was interviewed by a manager , but not the store manager. It was a normal interview with typical interview questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora in November 2016.

Interview

After initial HR Round. Schedule a call from Hiring Manager.
    Didn't go well. All java technical questions were asked. Didnt prepare well. I was expecting algorithms questions. All the questions were advanced level mostly focused on Rest services.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was quick and brief. I was interviewed by two managers and they were both very friendly. I got a call an hour later for an offer and i accepted.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Mission Viejo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was mislead on interview times and process by mgmt. I think its hard to get hired if your outside thier clique. When I called her back she place me hold for a hour.

Interview Questions

• I have couple basic questions about background.   1 Answer