Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.5

Fragrance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

2 interviews 1 with assistant store director and another 1 with store director. Very simple interview. They r super nice. It was less than 30 minutes per interview. After both interview they will call and send email for job offer.

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (College Station, TX).

Interview

They described details of the job. We did a team building exercise where you build a sculpture. You only have sixty seconds to look at the picture then you pass it to the next person.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on working here?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

We were walked into room with tables and told to wait for someone to call us. After 1 hour ( eventhough I was early for scheduled time) I was called to talk to a manager. It was evident she did not read about my past experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the volume you managed?   1 Answer

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Walnut Creek, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was very great. The manager was very kind and professional and made me feel comfortable through the whole thing. She took the nerves right out. As long as you have a very fit resume and cover letter as well as coming looking very clean and professional, the interview will start good just because you took time out into making a very great impression of yourself.

Temporary Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

Asked a lot of customer service questions. Asked about previous job experience and reason for leaving. Was told I would get a call if I "fit" the team in order to be interviewed by three other people on top of the first one.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Thorough, there were three interviews. One as a group and two on my own. The interviewers were kind and patient. There were a lot of hypothetical questions during the interview.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Firstly, in the description for the job they didn't say that it was an overnight position so I found that to be odd. I was supposed to meet with someone for an interview but I ended up having two interviews that day. I applied online and got called in to interview. After interviewing with the first women, she asked me to talk to someone else which I did. After talking with that woman I was asked to speak with someone else. The couple who was sitting beside me in the common area asked me if I had been hired yet to which I laughed and replied no. I didn't have time to meet with the last woman so I left but got an email about a telephone interview the next day. The final interviewer and I played telephone tag for a few calls until I finally got in touch and did the interview. After all of that I got a call saying that I was not "passionate" enough about stock even though my previous job was merchandiser and I absolutely love makeup.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

I worked at Sephora inside JC Penney. The interview was 10-15 minutes and it was one-on-one with the manager of Sephora. Questions were pretty typical for any type of retail job, although there were a few additional aspects considering that working at Sephora means you need to be comfortable applying makeup and skincare on others. While you don't need to be *super* knowledgeable about that yet, you should show that you're willing to learn as there is a lot of training.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where your attention was needed by multiple people at once?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about JC Penney/ Sephora as a company?   Answer Question
    • Which aspect of this job do you foresee as being challenging?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an e-mail with an invitation to a job fair that would hold on-the-spot interviews. I show up and there are about 10 other people standing in the hallway looking confused. They said they were way behind on interviews and to just wait. 30 minutes later, they announce that they will be breaking us up into groups and performing group interviews instead.

I was in a group with 6 others and we were asked different questions by 3 different managers. Totally disorganized and you could tell they had no intention of hiring any of us, just tried to get through the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you personalized a situation for a customer   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

As an internal hire, I was interviewed by my Beauty Manager. Roughly a day later, I was called to set up an interview with the General Manager. The Beauty Manager asks questions to make sure you would be a good leader. The General Manager makes sure you can represent the store and work well with the store. I then interviewed with the Field Manager of Sephora. She made sure I was able to lead and what my expectations where. A day later I was asked to interview with the Area Education Manager. This interview process was about leadership and coaching styles.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to manage a group of people for a project in a timeframe where the outcome of the project was important.   Answer Question