Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.5

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Memphis, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a one on one interview. Took about 30 minutes and I think it was fairly easy. We also spoke about goals and how I would contribute to the team in terms of making store plan.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sephora?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with retail?   1 Answer

Operation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

My 1st interview 1:1 with Store Manager. The 2nd one ,was a group interview on a game like "Ginga"...The purpose for this game is to watch out for communication style, teamwork,leadership and if you're having fun while you work. Keep an eye on you opponents behavior while playing so that YOURS will shine over them. They will call me in 2 days to let me know if I will be havind a 3rd interview with DM.

Interview Questions

• what would you have done diffrently during the game?   1 Answer

Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

They will ask about how you handle difficult customer/coworker situations and are looking for a positive personality. If you are looking to be an artist or on "stage" you will be asked to do a quick makeup look and talk through the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a discrepancy with a coworker?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Got an interview with the operations lead and tha the store director. Ask pretty basic customer service experience questions. Why Sephora? What do I know about Sephora? Process took longer than usual. I was offered the job and very excite about it. Love the position and the company.

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Camden, NJ).

Interview

Filled out a lengthy online application. It took about a month to get a call from management. Went to a one on one interview with one of the store managers. Was setup that same day with a second interview a week later with the another manager which was the store director. That interview went well and I was told I would be setup for third part which was a demo applying Makeup. It was pretty relaxed I was still little nervous I had to bring a model and start with skin care and then go into the makeup. I picked the products to use and she said how great I was doing. After I was told I would get a call to find out. Few days later I got a call with an offer and then had to sign a contract that was emailed to me stating I agreed to take the position. Started the next day.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager knew what they wanted as a team. So within a week they called everyone they wanted on their team. I went by super quick. The hiring team wanted a customer service based team which is genius.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about yourself?   1 Answer

Corporate IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Hurry hurry hurry - then disappear.
    I was contacted by an external recruiter. Good fit for the job, possibly exceeding experience. Recruiter phone interview, Hiring manager phone interview, in person interview with multiple counterparts.
    Great people and great conversation. A bit sparse on the "creature comforts": no offer for a break over a whole morning (I had to ask for a glass of water), no comping of parking, not well organized overall.

No follow up. Ever.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

It was fairly easy. Manager had an easygoing chat about what brands I liked in Sephora and what maekup I use from them. Was asked the typical questions you would find in a retail interview. Questions such as name your strengths and weaknesses, name a time you were in a leadership role, when you had a conflict and how you dealt with it, etc.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

May go through 2-3 interviews, with specialist and then store manager and then even district manager depending on position applying for. Asked basic questions on experience and abilities. Then interviewed on what you can bring to the company if hired. District manager interviews are mostly for management positions and possibly for employees being made permanent from seasonal positions.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy it was a really chill environment the people who interviewed me were very nice and professional I interviewed with one other girl as well the overall process was good I was just very nervous. DONT go into a Sephora interview nervous

Interview Questions

• Name one time you've dealt with a dude customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question