Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.5

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was quick and brief. I was interviewed by two managers and they were both very friendly. I got a call an hour later for an offer and i accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Mission Viejo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was mislead on interview times and process by mgmt. I think its hard to get hired if your outside thier clique. When I called her back she place me hold for a hour.

Interview Questions

• I have couple basic questions about background.   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Culver City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a breeze. It had two steps, first a group interview with three other people. we were interview by some one named desiree, she asked us all the same questions and we took turns answering. questions were all simple. when it was over she told us she will get back to us the next week. So that next week I got a phone call for another last minute interview that next day and they thanked me for being able to come last minute wish I loved. I was interview by someone named Nicole, she was the sweetest. She only asked about my experience in the past and love my experience in beauty and thought I would be great with their clients. I originally applied for the stock position, but she offered me the cashier position instead and I took it.

Interview Questions

• how would I handle a situation or disagreement with a coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Two stage hiring process: first was a group interview, second was one-on-one with the store manager (because it was during November pre-holiday prep, my interview was at 10:30pm). I was hired, and then never heard back about my schedule.

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Tacoma, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I received a phone call from a cast member in the store and it was a screening interview over phone, this lasted for about 20 minutes. It was quite relaxed, all the questions you would expect. After this, I was scheduled for a second one-on-one interview in person. Interview went well.

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a very long process. Be prepared to wait. I have been applying to Sephora since I was 17 years old. I went to many interviews all across NYC. I finally got the Glorious phone call back from my wonderful manager offering me a position on Nov 2016. There is a lot more during the interview process but everything combined with in GLASS DOOR was very helpful with my interview process.

One good advice I could give to everyone trying to apply is ---> don't give up. Don't get discouraged, it's going to suck at first but trust me when you continue to practice the interview questions and speak from your heart it will show!

Seasonal Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Look your absolute best; makeup done, hair done, outfit on point (black &/or white business casual)
    (1) Group interview: definitely be positive/bubbly & let your personality show
    (2) Solo interview (usually get job offer in this interview)

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult or unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call back about a month later. Surprisingly the manager calling went ahead and set up a one on one interview with me that same week.
    When I got to my interview I waited a little bit until he came out, then we went to the food court to sit down and begin with the questions. He was super friendly, yet remained professional. Something he told me that will continue to stick with me & hopefully you guys is that he told me " I wouldn't hire anybody that I wouldn't invite into my own house."

2cd interview was a cashier demo- since no one else has managed to put this experience & interview down, I figured I would. So for the demo, it was me and another girl that they had decided to bring back. When they were ready for us, they brought us to the back , where there was a little cart , set up with the rewards items and a bunch of random items in a bag. So basically what they had us do was take turns at being the cast member & being the costumer. They very briefly explained the beauty insider card to us and had us "act out" how we'd be on the cashier. There was no scenario ,they just wanted to see how you would interact with the paying costumer. The other interviewee gave me absolutely nothing to work with, but the manager said that my personality still shines through so it was okay. So even if your partner is giving you one word answers and answers short, TRY to spark convo anyways, they definitely look for that. So what you want to say as a cast member is stuff like
    •how's your day going?
    • I can see you've been doing a lot of shopping, what kind of cool stuff did you get ?
    • do you have a beauty insider with us today? No? Would like to sign up for one? It's completely free ! (Make sure you know what it is and how it works, and if you don't know, make it up!
    The second "scene" we did was a return, they wanna see how you would hand a return scenario"
    What you wanna say is stuff like
    •what was it you didn't like about it?
    •if you want, I can grab ""Emily" from our skin care and what she can do is find what DOES work for you , and what will perfectly suit you.
    -show you care, try to either get them to exchange or buy something else that will be better for them.

3rd interview was with the store director. Again, super friendly, but remained professional. Asked me questions about my availability, why Sephora , what I'm looking for our of this job, basic questions like that. This is the most import interview, it will ultimately decide whether you get the job or not.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora?   1 Answer
    • Has there been a time where you went above and beyond for a costumer.   1 Answer
    • What does costumer service mean to you?   2 Answers

Color Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online got called in for a group interview. Just be yourself. Give in your input and don't be shy. Dress all in black and show up with a beat face especially for the makeup artist position.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience, your knowledge about sephora, a little about yourself. Very generic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It wasn't their fault I was going through some personal things and sadly I quit after training day. It's an awesome company great perks but I just couldn't do it. But it was me not them.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

3 interviews. First. With hiring manager in a group of 4 people. You want to make sure you stand out from the crowd. Then u do another interview with the manager in charge of the store. It was a quick process. In the last interview is were I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why u want to work at sephora?   1 Answer