Sephora Jcp Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Jcp Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Sephora

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemet, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Hemet, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online, followed up and called the store; they called me back and set up a group interview,

I went to my group interview. There was about 5 other girls. We sat around a table and there was blocks. We had to build something within the picture they gave us. It was pretty much an ice breaker to meet the girls there and work as a team.
No interview questions were asked. They told us by the end of the day they will call the selected candidate. Thought it was weird that they didn't ask us anything.

Hmmm

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was fine, interviewer was the rudest woman I've ever met. The interview started with a "talent tryout" where I was given time to look around the store, then the interviewer pretended to be a customer who needed help finding things. I believe she purposely made this extra difficult because she never said what she wanted she just expected me to show her things, and realistically customers will at least have an idea of what they want. The actual interview was pretty standard questions like "what would you do in this situation," "tell me about a time when....," and things along those lines. Even though my resume was right in front of her she made me give a verbal resume which was a little odd. At the end of the interview she told me she still had other applicants to interview, and she would let me know a final decision within 2 weeks. This was over a month ago and I never heard back. I immediately knew I didn't get the job but it's incredibly unprofessional to no actually inform me of it.

Jcp Sephora Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

A large group interview, followed by a ten minute individual interview. A very long interview process, but you are given the chance to get comfortable and be yourself through team-building exercises.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

there was a group interview and then if you were chosen as an option there was a one on one interview with the beauty manager, if the beauty manager liked you she would call you in about a week and give you the job offer along with your base hourly pay

Jcp Sephora Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a voicemail the following week asking if I would be interested in coming in for an interview. I called back and told the manager yes of course! She then asked me some questions over the phone such as, my availability and if I have worked in makeup before.

Today I had my 1 on 1 interview and it couldn't have gone any better! She asked me two questions really, my availability and why I wanted to work at Sephora.
    DO NOT SAY BECAUSE YOU LOVE MAKEUP!!!! Later on she mentioned to me she was so glad to hear me say something other than makeup and I honestly think me mentioning my passion for helping people sealed the deal! It was about an hour and a half long and mostly we just talked about makeup and some of the benefits and what I would be doing.

(Also do not bash other makeup stores. This is probably a no brainer to some but I slipped up and talked down on Ulta's rewards programs and she corrected me lol but thankfully I was able to recover and win her over!)

A lot of people say wear all black to your first interview. I actually did not. I wore a long flowy maxi dress, with gold buttons that showed off my style and personality. And I went full face makeup. Remember what products you used because I was asked what products I was wearing.

Jcp Sephora Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora in January 2016.

Interview

I first went in with two other girls for a group interview. We had to do an activity involving building blocks. One person looks at the picture for 10 seconds then describes what they saw based off memory. The other two try to build it. They must rely on the first person to use descriptive words since they are not allowed to look at the picture. This activity is to see how you work as a team and also your attention to detail. After, we were each given topics and had to pitch an idea of why ours would be successful. Next, they pulled me aside to an office for a 1:1 interview. This mainly consisted of customer service questions and role playing. After the interview, I actually had a meeting with the JCP store director all in one day!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to work at Sephora.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Niles, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Niles, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, I thought it was really fun. It was a great way to interact with others and see how you can work with strangers. They had us do a puzzle, we had to look at a picture then try and build the object off of memory.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Henderson, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied 2 weeks prior to getting a phone call to come in to a group interview. I was expecting a lot of questions but she basically just introduced Sephora and JCP. I was asked to introduce myself and my availability. Immediately after I was offered the job. Easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate for more pay, but she said it wasn't possible since I had no experience in the cosmetic industry.

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Naples, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Very informal! Was supposed to be a group interview, I was the only one that showed up. Very very easy process! Quite enjoyable. Make sure to dress nicely for the interview. They do base of looks for some of it. They will comment on how your makeup looks!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Taylor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Got a call for a group interview. Never had a group interview before. It was 4 of us, they had us go into a room and we had to do an excercise with building blocks & we only had 10 seconds to look at the picture and then tell the others how to build it. Afterwards she didn't ask us any questions, she asked if we had any questions for her. The interview was about 35 minutes long. Afterwards she said she was only hiring two people so if you didn't get a call the next day then you weren't hired. Only negative I can say is that if you only interviewed 4 people the least you can do is call the 2 who didn't get hired & tell them instead of having them wait by the phone. But the group interview thing was weird to me especially because questions weren't asked of us. I've never had that before in an interview. It was just a strange "interview" if you can even call it that.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer