Sephora Makeup Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Makeup Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at Sephora

2.3

Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview and met with multiple managers. After that interview I was asked to come in for a demo. I aced the demo and was asked to come in for another interview. I wasn’t available for that one day and was passed up to another store with no reasoning as to why. I was told by the new store that I have to start the process all over again. It’s too much effort for a lowly position with minimal benefits and pay. They wasted my time both interviews by being late. I waited 15 minutes beyond my interview time the first day and 30 minutes beyond my interview time the second day. The interviews were last minute so I was squeezing them in and no consideration was given to me or my schedule. I made sure I was there early for my time to be disregarded. This whole situation is a slap in the face to be told I need to do the interviews all over at another location. The new location tried to make me feel better by saying they spoke well of me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process for me took about a month. I got called for an pre-screening and was scheduled for an interview for the next week. Then about a week later was called for a second interview scheduled for about 5 days after on a Friday, but I had to reschedule for the following Monday- which they were totally cool about. Then I was called back that next Friday with a job offer.
    The first interview was some-what difficult with a lot of experience/situational questions, the second was fairly simple. The ladies I interviewed with were so incredibly nice, and it was an overall great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Camden, NJ).

Interview

Filled out a lengthy online application. It took about a month to get a call from management. Went to a one on one interview with one of the store managers. Was setup that same day with a second interview a week later with the another manager which was the store director. That interview went well and I was told I would be setup for third part which was a demo applying Makeup. It was pretty relaxed I was still little nervous I had to bring a model and start with skin care and then go into the makeup. I picked the products to use and she said how great I was doing. After I was told I would get a call to find out. Few days later I got a call with an offer and then had to sign a contract that was emailed to me stating I agreed to take the position. Started the next day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews with a group of candidates. They ask you several questions and you have to answer them with the idea of client service being top priority. They want to know that you are skilled in costumer service and provide a shopping experience to the clients.

Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sephora in April 2016.

Interview

My interview was pretty standard, tell me about yourself, why would you be a good part of this team. I suggest dressing professionally and in black, white or and red.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What will be the hardest part of working here for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online twice at two different times in the year, once for seasonal, other for part time. One store I interviewed with was a group interview, and seemed to not have all their ducks in a row. Sloppy interview process, and took weeks to get back any sort of reply on the status of the position. Once I finally heard back after contacting them for over a month, it was a "Position has been filled." No thank you, no official signature. Applied again a few months later for a different location, contacted within a week for interview, and had a much smoother process. One to one interview with Education Lead, then contacted for final interview with Store Director. Hired within two weeks of applying.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell an item to a client if you didn't know about the product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Cranston, RI) in March 2016.

Interview

The process took a few weeks, but less than a month, 3 interviews in person, first a interview with 3 managers, then an interview with a regional manager, where I was able to show my portfolio, which I brought with me, without being asked to, but it helped me show my work, techniques and drive and the third interview was a Demo, at a Sephora store, during business hours, where I applied makeup, talked about skincare, and possible sale. (Role playing, I also brought my own "model")

Interview Questions

• Why us? Why do you want for Sephora?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

They have a group interview first to weed out the people they won't want just make sure you speak up.
    After that they have a one on one with the GM if they don't call you back then they didn't pick you sorry
    Once they call and give you the good news just make sure you ask for more money

A little cons I had was the management team was absolutely atrocious they can't manage themselves out of a hat but make the experience worth your while if you love makeup and it's your passion learn about the brands and their reps when they come to the store they will be your best friends and pursue your passion

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Lansing, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

I first applied online which is where all applications are submitted, then I got a call for a group interview. I ended up being the only one who showed up for my group interview and it was very comfortable and I was really impressed by the store managers that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• My experience and why I wanted to work for Sephora as well as if this was a temporary position for me or if this is a life long goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Didnt take long for them to hire me - they were set to fill a position and choose the best candidate.
    They made it easy especially once i was hired filling out paper work was easy & they tell you what their expectations are right off the bat.

Interview Questions

• What is an opportunity for you That you feel you could be better at ?   Answer Question