Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Humble, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

it was one on one right outside JCP on little leather chairs. She asked me why I want to work at Sephora. She asked me what I do on my free time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was quick and brief. I was interviewed by two managers and they were both very friendly. I got a call an hour later for an offer and i accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview, and was a lot of basic interview questions. Asked certain questions about how you would handle a certain customer if they needed to take back an item that was damaged.

Interview Questions

• Would you return a Perfume that was broken after a customer had just bought it within a few hours ago?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Hagerstown, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on online first and was called about a week later for an interview on a specified date. It was supposed to be a group interview but due to certain circumstances, it was changed to an individual interview.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager basically told me she liked my resume and that I was hired. That was pretty much it. Nothing was asked, she told me she was running a background check, offered me my pay, and that was it. I was hired.

Interview Questions

• The only thing I was asked was how much experience I had and that was about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (Midwest City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

I was a customer at the location prior to applying. I was referred by an employee who was a current employee at the time but is now a former employee. I applied online and then went to the location to introduce myself to the staff and get info in person about what I could expect as far as the hiring process timeline. I called every week because I would be promised a call to set up an interview time and the day that I was told to expect to hear from the manager would roll by, so I wanted to show that I was very professional and willing to follow up to show that I had serious interest.
     Finally, after 2.5 months, I was invited to a group interview. The date was set for the interview but not a time. I was told that I would be given a time prior to the actual day for the interview. Then the interview date was moved again and the date conflicted with a prior engagement I had scheduled so we had to set up a one-on-one interview.

Product Consultant Interview:
    This interview was short and sweet. I was asked about my education and work experience, why I wanted to work for Sephora and what my expectations were.
    The manager was kind of disorganized but essentially seemed like a person I could work for. After the interview, I was given the job on the spot and offered an interview for the Senior Education Consultant position that would be the following week. I was told that I was hired but they would have to get back to me to inform me of what the training schedule would be. After a week of not hearing from anyone after I sent a thank you note, I followed up again and it took two weeks to get a call back and another week to get into training. Training was watching a series of videos about Sephora and the brands that we carry and then 1 day of cashier training. Everything else I learned from observation or asking questions.

Senior Education Consultant Interview:
    This interview was with the JCP supervisor and the Sephora supervisor that interviewed me for the PC position. I was asked a series of questions that were geared more towards operations than sales. The interview went really well and I felt that our personalities and visions were geared toward the same path but I haven't heard a single word about that interview even after inquiring several times for several weeks after the interview. The position is still not filled.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Sephora?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (Augusta, GA).

Interview

First interview was very easy and brief, second interview consist of interview with store manager and demo which is when you do a face on a customer. They just want to see if you know how to properly apply makeup and how well you connect with customer.

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sephora (Lithonia, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was a frequent customer at this Sephora location and told one of the girls there "I wish I worked here" so she suggested I fill out an application and call back when I was done. Two days later I got a call saying to come in for an interview which went very well (the beauty manager was very friendly and did most of the talking) and my second interview was with the JCPenney store manager along with the beauty manager. Two weeks later after my background check cleared they called me with an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of good customer service.   Answer Question
    • If a customer bought an item, used it but didn't like it would you return the item for them?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a rude customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I received a call from Beauty Manager. I returned the call was offered an interview the same day. It was a group interview with 3 other candidates. It was then a two-on-one interview with Beauty Manager and General Manager (JCP) and then I received job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora?   1 Answer
    • What would your last manager say they felt when you gave your resignation?   Answer Question
    • Besides your extensive experience what do you have to offer Sephora?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite skincare or color?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Quick, basic. Nothing too difficult. You dont really need experience in makeup to work for the sephora inside jcpenney. They asked super standard, generic questions. Not difficult at all. It took them forever to hire me because management was a mess.

Interview Questions

• Who has been the greatest inspiration to you (pick a celebrity, etc.)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Super easy, they just offered it to me.