Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.2

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

A lot of questions. I only had one interview for the Sephora in JCP. My manager was very nice and explained that she’s looking for somebody outgoing . Got the offer that day over the phone a few hours later . Word of advice watch YouTube videos to help prepare :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SEPHORA   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (Woodridge, IL).

Interview

I literally walked in to see if they were hiring for the holidays and was hired right away. A good piece of advise if you’re wanting to work at Sephora is when you go in to see if they’re hiring, make sure you’re wearing makeup, have your hair done and dress casual but nice.

Interview Questions

• If a client comes in and wants a full face worth of products, what would you advise they purchase and what questions would you ask them to know the appropriate products to advise?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weslaco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Weslaco, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. took about 3 weeks to call. Group interview, tell us about yourself individually and why you chose sephora . Given 2 business opportunity scenarios, you are given 5 minutes to brainstorm and choose then you tell the group which you chose and why. Then you are asked to guide the group to build with blocks based on an image. There was aguy there who had already worked there and was applying again and he said they only hire about 2 per interview. It was a group of about 10 -15 people. Interview was about 1 hour.

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

I worked at Sephora inside JC Penney. The interview was 10-15 minutes and it was one-on-one with the manager of Sephora. Questions were pretty typical for any type of retail job, although there were a few additional aspects considering that working at Sephora means you need to be comfortable applying makeup and skincare on others. While you don't need to be *super* knowledgeable about that yet, you should show that you're willing to learn as there is a lot of training.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where your attention was needed by multiple people at once?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about JC Penney/ Sephora as a company?   Answer Question
    • Which aspect of this job do you foresee as being challenging?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Memphis, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a one on one interview. Took about 30 minutes and I think it was fairly easy. We also spoke about goals and how I would contribute to the team in terms of making store plan.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sephora?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Humble, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

it was one on one right outside JCP on little leather chairs. She asked me why I want to work at Sephora. She asked me what I do on my free time.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was quick and brief. I was interviewed by two managers and they were both very friendly. I got a call an hour later for an offer and i accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview, and was a lot of basic interview questions. Asked certain questions about how you would handle a certain customer if they needed to take back an item that was damaged.

Interview Questions

• Would you return a Perfume that was broken after a customer had just bought it within a few hours ago?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Hagerstown, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on online first and was called about a week later for an interview on a specified date. It was supposed to be a group interview but due to certain circumstances, it was changed to an individual interview.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager basically told me she liked my resume and that I was hired. That was pretty much it. Nothing was asked, she told me she was running a background check, offered me my pay, and that was it. I was hired.

Interview Questions

• The only thing I was asked was how much experience I had and that was about it.   1 Answer