Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.3

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (Woodridge, IL).

Interview

I literally walked in to see if they were hiring for the holidays and was hired right away. A good piece of advise if you’re wanting to work at Sephora is when you go in to see if they’re hiring, make sure you’re wearing makeup, have your hair done and dress casual but nice.

Interview Questions

• If a client comes in and wants a full face worth of products, what would you advise they purchase and what questions would you ask them to know the appropriate products to advise?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Product Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora in October 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager kept switching times, the last time was 3:30, I showed up 10 minutes early. The manager comes down and said my interview was at 3:00 and she couldn't interview me because she had others to interview. She looked disgusted at me like I wasn't Sephora material and she was prejudice. The whole Sephora, no people of color from top to bottom. There was no use arguing, I knew she would stand by her saying 3:00 and not 3:30, but she looked mad as soon as she came down, like she didn't want to interview, especially when she saw my race. I didn't see anyone else. she could have interviewed me to save all this trouble, I would have waited. But still there's a certain professional way you talk to people. This particular Sephora has problems. Seems they don't care about customer service, because their rude, don't care if your qualified, just get in based on who they know, very cliquey. Wonder how this manager became manager with her nasty attitude. They fake like they have good customer service than when they get hired, they act the way they want, when you go there you'll be helping yourself.

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

I worked at Sephora inside JC Penney. The interview was 10-15 minutes and it was one-on-one with the manager of Sephora. Questions were pretty typical for any type of retail job, although there were a few additional aspects considering that working at Sephora means you need to be comfortable applying makeup and skincare on others. While you don't need to be *super* knowledgeable about that yet, you should show that you're willing to learn as there is a lot of training.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where your attention was needed by multiple people at once?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about JC Penney/ Sephora as a company?   Answer Question
    • Which aspect of this job do you foresee as being challenging?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Memphis, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a one on one interview. Took about 30 minutes and I think it was fairly easy. We also spoke about goals and how I would contribute to the team in terms of making store plan.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sephora?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Humble, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

it was one on one right outside JCP on little leather chairs. She asked me why I want to work at Sephora. She asked me what I do on my free time.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was quick and brief. I was interviewed by two managers and they were both very friendly. I got a call an hour later for an offer and i accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview, and was a lot of basic interview questions. Asked certain questions about how you would handle a certain customer if they needed to take back an item that was damaged.

Interview Questions

• Would you return a Perfume that was broken after a customer had just bought it within a few hours ago?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Hagerstown, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on online first and was called about a week later for an interview on a specified date. It was supposed to be a group interview but due to certain circumstances, it was changed to an individual interview.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager basically told me she liked my resume and that I was hired. That was pretty much it. Nothing was asked, she told me she was running a background check, offered me my pay, and that was it. I was hired.

Interview Questions

• The only thing I was asked was how much experience I had and that was about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (Midwest City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

I was a customer at the location prior to applying. I was referred by an employee who was a current employee at the time but is now a former employee. I applied online and then went to the location to introduce myself to the staff and get info in person about what I could expect as far as the hiring process timeline. I called every week because I would be promised a call to set up an interview time and the day that I was told to expect to hear from the manager would roll by, so I wanted to show that I was very professional and willing to follow up to show that I had serious interest.
     Finally, after 2.5 months, I was invited to a group interview. The date was set for the interview but not a time. I was told that I would be given a time prior to the actual day for the interview. Then the interview date was moved again and the date conflicted with a prior engagement I had scheduled so we had to set up a one-on-one interview.

Product Consultant Interview:
    This interview was short and sweet. I was asked about my education and work experience, why I wanted to work for Sephora and what my expectations were.
    The manager was kind of disorganized but essentially seemed like a person I could work for. After the interview, I was given the job on the spot and offered an interview for the Senior Education Consultant position that would be the following week. I was told that I was hired but they would have to get back to me to inform me of what the training schedule would be. After a week of not hearing from anyone after I sent a thank you note, I followed up again and it took two weeks to get a call back and another week to get into training. Training was watching a series of videos about Sephora and the brands that we carry and then 1 day of cashier training. Everything else I learned from observation or asking questions.

Senior Education Consultant Interview:
    This interview was with the JCP supervisor and the Sephora supervisor that interviewed me for the PC position. I was asked a series of questions that were geared more towards operations than sales. The interview went really well and I felt that our personalities and visions were geared toward the same path but I haven't heard a single word about that interview even after inquiring several times for several weeks after the interview. The position is still not filled.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Sephora?   1 Answer