Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2016

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Burton, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

It really wasn't an interview, I put in an application, a lady call me on the phone and asked me a few questions about customer service and my experience and then scheduled me for an interview. I went to the interview and there were a few other girls. The managers didn't even ask any questions about our experience, what is customer service to us, why we want to work at Sephora. The managers basically just made us work together to build blocks and make sure they were the correct color and in exact order that was on their tablets???? And with that they determined whether you were qualified or not, which made no sense to me, building blocks don't determine whether you're a good worker or great with people and truly know how to provide great customer service and knowledgeable about products. They humiliated a few girls by sending them out of the room amongst everyone who they felt weren't qualified, instead of telling them privately. Very unprofessional! I did research online on what they may ask or have us do during an interview but I never read that they would us build blocks !

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I interviewed at Sephora (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Really nice and made me feel more then comfortable, got things a little due to miscommunication but other then that it was a great over all experience. I would interview with this company again in a heart beat

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Holyoke, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

It was quick.
    She looked at my resume and then started asking away.
    She asked me what I could do for someone who needed my help,
    and I told her I would assist them as best to my knowledge.
    She frowned upon that answer, I do not know why.
    I think they are particularly looking for someone with a skill set related to the work,
    they are not looking to train any newbies.
    Even though I do know of past employees with only high school and some retail experience like myself...
    This store had very many applicants and they were not going to just pick anyone this round.
    I think if you apply through a jcpenny Sephora, you're chances are probably better.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

after you give in your application they call you in the next few weeks to set up an interview.
    the interview can be one on one or in a group interview.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I filled/turned in my application to the manager, who seemed very interested. She asked me a couple of questions; why I wanted to work there and what my availability was. Then she told me that she was going to call all the candidates the following week because she was going to do group interviews. Sadly, I never got a call. :(

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

It was simple, filled my information online and an interview was schedule and the follow week I was working.