Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.2

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

It was simple, filled my information online and an interview was schedule and the follow week I was working.

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I filled/turned in my application to the manager, who seemed very interested. She asked me a couple of questions; why I wanted to work there and what my availability was. Then she told me that she was going to call all the candidates the following week because she was going to do group interviews. Sadly, I never got a call. :(

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Fairly easy, sent in resume and filled out application, got a call to schedule a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Questioning was fairly average, wanted to know if you were friendly, and could sell product.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was based on experience, no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I interviewed at Sephora (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Really nice and made me feel more then comfortable, got things a little due to miscommunication but other then that it was a great over all experience. I would interview with this company again in a heart beat

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Culver City, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I created a profile on the JCPenney career website and then called several Sephora in JCPenney stores to see which ones were hiring. I interviewed at one Sephora inside JCPenney but did not receive an offer. Several months, later on a monday, a different Sephora called and asked if i was still interested in a position there. I did not even apply to that specific one nor contact them! But I said of course I'm interested and we scheduled an interview for wednesday. She was very personable and easy-going. She asked basic questions about how do you deal with difficult customers or stressful situaions. She offered me a second interview with the store manager of JCPenney for that friday. The questions were kind of the same, just worded more complex lol. About an hour later I received a call from them but I missed it and she didnt leave a message! But she called back the next morning and let me know that they absolutely loved me and wanted to offer me a position! It takes about 4 or 5 days to clear the background check and then they will me in to begin training :)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond your job description?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Took a few months to get in and situated. The manager was always grumpy and unorganized. Had one interview and was hired at a very low rate

Interview Questions

Negotiation

what about, 10.30 and hour? ok how about 10.75

Product Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Great interview. Vert easy to talk to, I felt like I was talking to friends. Talked in the phone for a while and met the following day to meet in person.

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora (West Des Moines, IA) in October 2013.

Interview

Worked at the Sephora Inside JCPENNEY; you are essentially interviewing for JCP, so they call you usually for a group interview and then they hire everyone, kind of no process to it at all....

Interview Questions

• You go around the store and talk about how you would sell to a customer, in a different department such as mens or childrens, if you are a salesperson its quite easy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they brought us into a room and one by one they told us we were hired and here's x amount of dollars, i was unemployed at the time so any money was better than no money. Not a wage i would want to raise a family on.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Glendale, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

The whole process started because I was in Sephora inside jc Penney one day on a Friday and ended up talking to the beauty leader and asked if they were hiring. He said that they were and asked questions such as if I was comfortable touching people's faces, availability and if I have any experience... I do, but it's very little. He loved me and told me to either go to the kiosk or go home and apply online. He gave me his card and told me to call him right after I submit my application, so he can pull it. I called him and he said he was going to pull it, but he was about to get off and would be on vacation until Tuesday, so expect a call on that day. Like clockwork, Tuesday came and my phone rang. It was him asking if I was available the next day for a group interview.

I got to jcp that Wednesday for my group interview and they were expecting about 6 applicants that they called to show up. Only 3 of us were there when it was interview time which was fine with me because my chances were that much better! (1 girl showed up about 10 minutes late and they sent her away... So BE ON TIME!) The interview panel consisted of Sephora's Beauty Leader, jcp's HR manager and Sephora's Education Leader.

I felt like it was more of a group conversation than an interview. It was actually pretty fun and easy. There weren't really any unexpected questions. They were all standard customer service and sales questions. I'll list some of the questions below.

All in all, it was a good experience and it all happened pretty fast. I inquired about the job on Friday and had the job on Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sephora?   2 Answers
    • Explain a good and bad experience as a customer and your opinion or stance on the company after your experience?   1 Answer
    • Explain a bad experience with someone you worked with and how it was resolved?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate. They offered $11 to start and I accepted because I don't have much experience.

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Quick, basic. Nothing too difficult. You dont really need experience in makeup to work for the sephora inside jcpenney. They asked super standard, generic questions. Not difficult at all. It took them forever to hire me because management was a mess.

Interview Questions

• Who has been the greatest inspiration to you (pick a celebrity, etc.)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Super easy, they just offered it to me.