Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview, and was a lot of basic interview questions. Asked certain questions about how you would handle a certain customer if they needed to take back an item that was damaged.

Interview Questions

• Would you return a Perfume that was broken after a customer had just bought it within a few hours ago?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager basically told me she liked my resume and that I was hired. That was pretty much it. Nothing was asked, she told me she was running a background check, offered me my pay, and that was it. I was hired.

Interview Questions

• The only thing I was asked was how much experience I had and that was about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Hagerstown, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on online first and was called about a week later for an interview on a specified date. It was supposed to be a group interview but due to certain circumstances, it was changed to an individual interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Burton, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

It really wasn't an interview, I put in an application, a lady call me on the phone and asked me a few questions about customer service and my experience and then scheduled me for an interview. I went to the interview and there were a few other girls. The managers didn't even ask any questions about our experience, what is customer service to us, why we want to work at Sephora. The managers basically just made us work together to build blocks and make sure they were the correct color and in exact order that was on their tablets???? And with that they determined whether you were qualified or not, which made no sense to me, building blocks don't determine whether you're a good worker or great with people and truly know how to provide great customer service and knowledgeable about products. They humiliated a few girls by sending them out of the room amongst everyone who they felt weren't qualified, instead of telling them privately. Very unprofessional! I did research online on what they may ask or have us do during an interview but I never read that they would us build blocks !

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (Midwest City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

I was a customer at the location prior to applying. I was referred by an employee who was a current employee at the time but is now a former employee. I applied online and then went to the location to introduce myself to the staff and get info in person about what I could expect as far as the hiring process timeline. I called every week because I would be promised a call to set up an interview time and the day that I was told to expect to hear from the manager would roll by, so I wanted to show that I was very professional and willing to follow up to show that I had serious interest.
     Finally, after 2.5 months, I was invited to a group interview. The date was set for the interview but not a time. I was told that I would be given a time prior to the actual day for the interview. Then the interview date was moved again and the date conflicted with a prior engagement I had scheduled so we had to set up a one-on-one interview.

Product Consultant Interview:
    This interview was short and sweet. I was asked about my education and work experience, why I wanted to work for Sephora and what my expectations were.
    The manager was kind of disorganized but essentially seemed like a person I could work for. After the interview, I was given the job on the spot and offered an interview for the Senior Education Consultant position that would be the following week. I was told that I was hired but they would have to get back to me to inform me of what the training schedule would be. After a week of not hearing from anyone after I sent a thank you note, I followed up again and it took two weeks to get a call back and another week to get into training. Training was watching a series of videos about Sephora and the brands that we carry and then 1 day of cashier training. Everything else I learned from observation or asking questions.

Senior Education Consultant Interview:
    This interview was with the JCP supervisor and the Sephora supervisor that interviewed me for the PC position. I was asked a series of questions that were geared more towards operations than sales. The interview went really well and I felt that our personalities and visions were geared toward the same path but I haven't heard a single word about that interview even after inquiring several times for several weeks after the interview. The position is still not filled.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Sephora?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was quick and brief. I was interviewed by two managers and they were both very friendly. I got a call an hour later for an offer and i accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (Augusta, GA).

Interview

First interview was very easy and brief, second interview consist of interview with store manager and demo which is when you do a face on a customer. They just want to see if you know how to properly apply makeup and how well you connect with customer.

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora in August 2015.

Interview

My Beauty Leader was young, but very professional. She had just assumed her own position, so my interview was pretty basic. Also, I was the Operations Lead before so she knew that I was qualified.

Interview Questions

• Client Service is the number one goal at Sephora. How do you think you could contribute to a great client experience?   1 Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Quick, basic. Nothing too difficult. You dont really need experience in makeup to work for the sephora inside jcpenney. They asked super standard, generic questions. Not difficult at all. It took them forever to hire me because management was a mess.

Interview Questions

• Who has been the greatest inspiration to you (pick a celebrity, etc.)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Super easy, they just offered it to me.

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Rockaway, NJ).

Interview

I applied at sephora and sephora inside jcpenny around the same time.

I got a call from sephora inside jcpenny about 4 months after applying. They called me to schedule an interview for seasonal. I met with the manager and was asked simple questions. Just one on one. Lasted about 20 minutes. She told me she would call me for the second interview by Monday.

She called me on Wednesday thank god! I got so upset that I didn't get a call but I think it's because she had a lot of interviews for the holidays.

I scheduled my second interview. I met with one of the seniors at sephora and had a one on one with her. She asked me to sell any product to her so I chose a foundation. Then she asked me to sell skincare to her, based on what she was looking for. It was a lot of pressure to be put on the spot with no training but I guess I did ok since they called me back a few days later telling me I got the job.

They offered me 10 dollars an hour and I'm ok with that. I accepted the offer. Just waiting to get my schedule!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time a customer was really happy about the customer service they received.   Answer Question
    • There is a customer that is not approachable, and upset. How would you treat the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my pay. My manager said they are giving me more than the minimum wage and I'm ok with that.