Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

2.3

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

A lot of questions. I only had one interview for the Sephora in JCP. My manager was very nice and explained that she’s looking for somebody outgoing . Got the offer that day over the phone a few hours later . Word of advice watch YouTube videos to help prepare :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SEPHORA   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weslaco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Weslaco, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. took about 3 weeks to call. Group interview, tell us about yourself individually and why you chose sephora . Given 2 business opportunity scenarios, you are given 5 minutes to brainstorm and choose then you tell the group which you chose and why. Then you are asked to guide the group to build with blocks based on an image. There was aguy there who had already worked there and was applying again and he said they only hire about 2 per interview. It was a group of about 10 -15 people. Interview was about 1 hour.

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Culver City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

they made us go out and pretend we were selling a item and we had to prove that we knew how to sell the item to the manager. they also made us do this activity where we had to see if a event could bring in more people and how it would bring in more customers to the store.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (Woodridge, IL).

Interview

I literally walked in to see if they were hiring for the holidays and was hired right away. A good piece of advise if you’re wanting to work at Sephora is when you go in to see if they’re hiring, make sure you’re wearing makeup, have your hair done and dress casual but nice.

Interview Questions

• If a client comes in and wants a full face worth of products, what would you advise they purchase and what questions would you ask them to know the appropriate products to advise?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora in October 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager kept switching times, the last time was 3:30, I showed up 10 minutes early. The manager comes down and said my interview was at 3:00 and she couldn't interview me because she had others to interview. She looked disgusted at me like I wasn't Sephora material and she was prejudice. The whole Sephora, no people of color from top to bottom. There was no use arguing, I knew she would stand by her saying 3:00 and not 3:30, but she looked mad as soon as she came down, like she didn't want to interview, especially when she saw my race. I didn't see anyone else. she could have interviewed me to save all this trouble, I would have waited. But still there's a certain professional way you talk to people. This particular Sephora has problems. Seems they don't care about customer service, because their rude, don't care if your qualified, just get in based on who they know, very cliquey. Wonder how this manager became manager with her nasty attitude. They fake like they have good customer service than when they get hired, they act the way they want, when you go there you'll be helping yourself.

Interview Questions

• Your interview was at 3:00?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Montebello, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Basic group interview their always looking for guys because it's nothing but women they want you to have experience and be over the top and stand out from everyone basic questions why you want to work here what can you bring simple question

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

I worked at Sephora inside JC Penney. The interview was 10-15 minutes and it was one-on-one with the manager of Sephora. Questions were pretty typical for any type of retail job, although there were a few additional aspects considering that working at Sephora means you need to be comfortable applying makeup and skincare on others. While you don't need to be *super* knowledgeable about that yet, you should show that you're willing to learn as there is a lot of training.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where your attention was needed by multiple people at once?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about JC Penney/ Sephora as a company?   Answer Question
    • Which aspect of this job do you foresee as being challenging?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Memphis, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a one on one interview. Took about 30 minutes and I think it was fairly easy. We also spoke about goals and how I would contribute to the team in terms of making store plan.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sephora?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I received a call from Beauty Manager. I returned the call was offered an interview the same day. It was a group interview with 3 other candidates. It was then a two-on-one interview with Beauty Manager and General Manager (JCP) and then I received job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora?   1 Answer
    • What would your last manager say they felt when you gave your resignation?   Answer Question
    • Besides your extensive experience what do you have to offer Sephora?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite skincare or color?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Humble, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

it was one on one right outside JCP on little leather chairs. She asked me why I want to work at Sephora. She asked me what I do on my free time.