Sephora Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Sephora

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Very casual. Kind person interviewed me. Asked me about my personality. My school and interests. Reviewed the job responsibilities and importance of customer service and care. The interview was about 15-20 minutes long. Got a tour of the place and an understanding of the work schedule and confirm my availability.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths and weaknesses?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and asked me a series of questions about my experience with sales and cosmetics. At the first interview we talked about when I could start the position. However, I ultimately decided to take another job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe how I would handle a scenario with a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I dropped off my application with a shift leader. She called me later that evening and asked me to come in for a group interview a day later. Group interview in the back room.

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (McAllen, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

It was overwhelming since it was 12 of us at once. Everyone was copying each others responses and at one point everyone wanted to answer at once. Managers were asking the obvious "what if" questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a customer breaks a bottle of perfume after purchasing it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyattsville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Hyattsville, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

5 phone interview questions before the manager asked if I would be interested in coming in for a group interview. The group interview consist of 2 girls and I, unlike most interviews, we did team building exercises

Interview Questions

• Describe Sephora Rewards Program?

Why you choseto work at sephora?

How wuld you benefit sephora?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Springfield, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

They ask you tricky questions, they want you to know about their rewards program, and how you sell stuff. Also if you got any knowledge about makeup, fragrances, or skin care products

Do your best makeup, talk nicely, gas them up, be polite. They'll make you wait for your interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was emailed a day to come in, during the first interview I had it was great. The hiring guy told us about himself and made us feel comfortable (group interview.) During the second interview was where that went down hill. Hiring woman asked me a lot of questions about former job at forever 21 which I didn't understand why. I was told in the email I will be applying makeup on a model and so when I asked her about it after our interview she said "No you don't have to" which I now realize was because she didn't consider hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone dropped a really expensive perfume after purchasing it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied in person at my local sephora store. Got an interview pretty quick. Fairly easy interview. Asked me basic questions and talked about how a day at work would look like and what my responisbilities would be. would reccomend to read up on sephora in advance and have a couple products you can talk about.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Madison, WI).

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable; it was in the back office with the store director and assistant store director. They asked very standard interview questions (why do you want to work here, what does customer service mean to you, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Let's say someone comes into the store and purchases a perfume. They leave the store, but slip and fall on the ice outside, shattering the perfume they just bought. They come back into the store to let us know what happened, what do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

It was super easy but stressful. First i did the group interview which is the most stressful part of the interview. Then i received a call back to do makeup on someone