Sephora Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was emailed a day to come in, during the first interview I had it was great. The hiring guy told us about himself and made us feel comfortable (group interview.) During the second interview was where that went down hill. Hiring woman asked me a lot of questions about former job at forever 21 which I didn't understand why. I was told in the email I will be applying makeup on a model and so when I asked her about it after our interview she said "No you don't have to" which I now realize was because she didn't consider hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone dropped a really expensive perfume after purchasing it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Group interview first, very casual and friendly interview. Store manager was interpersonal and friendly. The opening was self introduction including a fun fact. She went over the responsibilities, training program, evaluation process, possible career path, types of employment in the store and a lot more. In the end she asked us which department we want to work at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied in person at my local sephora store. Got an interview pretty quick. Fairly easy interview. Asked me basic questions and talked about how a day at work would look like and what my responisbilities would be. would reccomend to read up on sephora in advance and have a couple products you can talk about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Springfield, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

They ask you tricky questions, they want you to know about their rewards program, and how you sell stuff. Also if you got any knowledge about makeup, fragrances, or skin care products

Do your best makeup, talk nicely, gas them up, be polite. They'll make you wait for your interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora (Merced, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I put in application on Monday, turned in my resume on Friday and got called for the interview on Thursday. The interview was on a Sunday. It was a group interview so get to know everyone first thing we did was dance, the interviewer and another manager asked us whats our favorite dance. I said "twerk" i ddnt feel comfortable dancing so i ddnt, i think i shouldve danced to get them to like me more. Everyone else danced except for me!!! Then she asked us questions, it wasn't in specific order just whoever wanted to go first we t first. I think i shouldve spoke a bit more and bubblier, i do feel the interview was based more on personality/bubbliness than it is more on work ethic/handling customers. Which i dont believe is fair, i am a very nice and bubbly person!!! I think i was just nervous because the others where talking ao loud and so much i kinda fell into the background. I wish they wouldve asked more questions based on work/ professional/ traits. They were asking more personable questions. Sooooo i dont believe i got it. Just make sure when u go in, go in with confidence and a big smile and do whatever they told u to!

Interview Questions

• Who is someone you look up to?
      Would u consider yourself a reliable person? If so give me an example?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was a group interview, only one other person came though. Questions were simple and we each took turns answering. (Name a time when...) & (describe yourself), and such. Got a phone interview a few days later and a confirmation email saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation: a woman bought an expensive perfume and ended up dropping it when leaving the store. What would you do?   1 Answer

I had a different offer elsewhere and took that one instead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (Lakewood, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I was emailed to come in for an interview but they didn't tell me it would be a group interview! Group interviews are annoying because if you talk first, people will just repeat you, and if you talk last sometimes it's hard to find something that hasn't been said yet. Asked stuff mostly about availability, tell us about you, and "tell us about a time you went above your job responsibilities and what was the outcome?" Told us about them and about their store and why they like working at sephora. They also told us the hiring process would take a very long time. They called back the day after the group interview and the next week I went for a one on one. They asked stuff like "where you you see yourself in six months" "why do you want to work for sephora" "what is teamwork to you" and "what was your favorite and least favorite part of your last job" (hint: keep what you didn't like short and sweet. They are not looking for you to bad mouth your last employer)
    Anyways, fast forward almost two months and I still have not heard from them either way. I stopped in and spoke with a manager who was not part of my interviews, and she said they are about to make a decision. But I still have not heard either way. Would like at least an email saying thanks anyway if they decided not to hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview. There were 2 other interviewees and we sat at the food court it was very informal we were asked if we knew anything about the company (I did but the other 2 did not) so do your reasearch. At the end we were told that we would get a call back or an email either way if they were interested or not.

Interview Questions

• When and where was the first Sephora opened in the U.S.?
      What world would you be most comfortable in?
      When have you gone above and beyond for a customer?
      Why Sephora?
      1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. The girl that interviewed me was really nice. It was probably one of, if not the best interview I've ever had. I think that the fact that I was really interested in pursuing a career in beauty or cosmetology really gave me an upper hand over all the other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Walnut Creek, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very direct, they are really into the next stage in anything beauty. Everyone had great makeup. Met in a starbucks and was very relaxed. Make me feel like i had know her for a while. They want to be sure you are comfortable approaching customers.