Sephora Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Sephora

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Boca Raton, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

I was first contacted over the phone for a quick phone screen. During the phone call, I was asked about my previous job experiences, responsibilities, and why I left my previous job. I was also asked about why I chose Sephora. They then asked me to come in for an interview. When I came in for the in-person interview, I sat and spoke with the manager who asked me typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora in September 2019.

Interview

They called me and had an impromptu phone interview. Asked me 3-4 questions. Then scheduled an in person interview. I have yet to attend in person interview but i will be on monday

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for sephora   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Friendswood, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received an email 2 weeks later for a job fair that they were hosting. At the fair, each employee took a candidate and did a one-on-one interview, where they asked basic questions (Why do you want to work at Sephora? What were previous job experiences? etc.). The whole process took about 15 minutes at most. A week later, I received a phone call asking me to come in a for another interview, which took place 2 weeks from that call. At the second interview, they grouped us in pairs and each pair was interviewed by a manager where they asked us more challenging questions (What skills from your previous experiences do you think will help contribute to our team? If someone gave you feedback in a rude way, how would you handle it? etc.). A week after the interview, they offered me the position. Overall process from application to offer took a little more than a month.

Interview Questions

• Who were your favorite/least favorite supervisors you have had previously?   2 Answers
    • What skills from your previous experiences do you think will help contribute to our team?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle feedback? If someone gave you feedback in a rude way how would you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you went out of your way to help a customer?   1 Answer
    • Describe your experience with a difficult customer and how you overcame that situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Ventura, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

My first impression checking in was that i already did not want the job. I walked in the sign the check-in sheet and over heard a current sales associate talking rudly about one of the other applicants. The worst part is she said it into her earpiece so im sure other associates hear the remark as well. It made me feel very comfortable and if though we were all being judged.

Interview Questions

• If you owned a store and a customer bought a perfume and broke it in the parking lot and bought back the broken perfume, what would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Honolulu, HI) in November 2018.

Interview

it was a group interview with two of the managers who were very casual and laid back. The questions were very basic and pertained to working as a cashier. They gave everyone a job at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Towson, MD) in November 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview, just asking me questions about my work experience and other simple retail questions. At the end, she asked to set up an in-person interview, with a group. Group interview went well, we then set up an interview with the store director, then they called and offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

Group interview took place in the hotel next door. Myself & two other girls. Basic questions. One girl was sent home half way through the interview. I was asked to go back to the store and never saw the other girl again.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and then was offered a group interview. Usually the process also includes a one on one interview but after my group interview I received a call offering me the job so every experience seems to be different as far as how many steps. Group interview was very laid back. Hiring managers gave us a sheet of paper with the questions they’d be asking and gave us time to think about our answers. Anyone was able to answer the questions in no particular order.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

I applyed a week later I had an interview. I went to the interview I thought all went well but then about 4 hours later I got an email that they we going to hire someone else

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Cleveland, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied on a Monday and got a call back that Thursday asking for me to come in next Thursday for an in person interview. Met with the Assistant Manager for 30 minutes. Questions were not too difficult and my overall experience was good.