Sephora Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Sephora

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Cleveland, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied on a Monday and got a call back that Thursday asking for me to come in next Thursday for an in person interview. Met with the Assistant Manager for 30 minutes. Questions were not too difficult and my overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora in October 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews, the first being a group interview and the second was one-on-one. Both were very natural and essentially just conversations.
    Both interviews took place within a week and I heard back after both within a day or two.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Edison, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied to Sephora on the website. Got a call for an interview the next day. The interview was a group interview with about 8 other people. There were 3 interviewers from 3 different Sephora locations. They asked pretty general questions and look for a certain type of candidate (preferably one with experience in the makeup or cosmetology industry).

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you received great customer sevice?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer to work on a fixed schedule or a flexible schedule?   Answer Question
    • Have you a had a boss that you enjoyed working with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back the next day asking if I could call back to schedule an interview. I called back immediately and was told the manager went home for the day, and to call back the following Monday. I called back on Monday morning, and was told the manager was on her lunch and that she would call me back when she returned. I called back after a couple hours and was told to call again at the end of the day. I called back at the end of the day and was told to call the following day, since the manager was unavailable. I called back the following day and was told very rudely by another manager that if the manager I was trying to reach wanted to speak to me, she would call me back that week. A week goes by and no call, but I did get an e-mail invitation to a Sephora Job Fair. Attended the job fair, and met the manager who had called me initially. Before the interview began, she said she didn't receive the messages I had been leaving, so she assumed I didn't want the job. Continued with the interview, went over important dates they needed me to be available for, went through my resume, was told to expect a call in 2-3 days. I didn't receive a call until 5 days later asking if I could come into the store for another interview and if I could attend training later that week. I was e-mailed a background check and was asked to fill that out. Arrived at the store for my interview ~15 minutes early. I was told "something happened" so my interview was pushed back by an hour. Came back and had the second interview with another manager in the back room. She went over the same things the first two interviewers asked me during the job fair. She told me I would hear back with their decision in 2 days.

Since there seemed to be a lack of communication between the store team from the get-go (difficultly setting up an interview, being told to go to a second interview and training by one manager, but being told they still had yet to make a decision by another manager... kinda weird), I felt that this position ultimately would not be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Are you available during the second week of November (VIB Rouge Event), Black Friday, the week before Christmas, Christmas Eve, and New Year's Eve?   1 Answer
    • What were your responsibilities like at your previous job?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working around 40 hours/week?   Answer Question
    • Can you clean quickly?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online in July and got an email early August inviting me to a Sephora job fair that was two weeks from then. The email stated that I needed to RSVP to attend so I did. Job fair day rolls around and there were two times to show up to be interviewed, 9am-12pm and 2pm-6pm. I went during the earlier slot and I signed in and was checked in by one of the managers. There were four tables that sat up to five people and multiple people interviewing the tables of candidates. My group had 5-6 people and we interviewed with the first manager whereupon she told us that some of us may be asked to stay for additional questioning. I was among the 3 that they asked to stay and we interviewed with another woman for a while. It sounds super stressful but the two ladies we interviewed with were so sweet and personable that it completely calmed my nerves. All in all, took about 45 minutes and she told us to expect an answer within two weeks. I received an email stating that they were interested in bringing me on to their seasonal team six weeks later (yesterday) and were finalizing start dates and such and wanted to know if I was still interested! I responded that I was completely on board and thanked her.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work at Sephora?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

It began with a group interview of 4 people where we were asked questions and given simple scenarios, then it went to the one on on interview where I was asked to sell a product giving my reasons for my recommendation.

Interview Questions

• If you have a client who regularly shops here and as she is leaving she drops the perfume she just purchased will you take an exchange for a new one?   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

First I had a phone screen, then an in-person interview with two other candidates, then a final one-on-one interview where I was offered the position. They moved pretty quickly because it was only a few weeks before Black Friday.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in being a cashier or working in color?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Group interview- five to six questions asked with opportunity for three to four of us to speak at a time. Very quick, only took about forty five minutes. Very casual, but answers were recorded and talked about among the group.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you disagreed with a previous manger and how you worked through that.   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora in June 2016.

Interview

I participated in 2 group interviews and was offered the job all within the span of a week. The interviewers were friendly and warm, and they asked thoughtful questions. Dress was business casual.

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora? What do you bring to the table? What defines a leader? Tell us about a past manager that inspired you. How do you define customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I had applied online many times during the summer and reapplied again in early October and finally heard a called back. Sephora seems to be really bad with online applications unless you go directly to the store, so I would recommend that.

The first was a phone screening asking me my availabilities and if I know anything about makeup and skincare, lasted about 5 minutes. 2 days later I met up with the hiring manager, 1 on 1, we stepped outside of Sephora to talk more. Interview was about 20 minutes, just be prepared and look at Glassdoor to see what questions they'll ask you, it seems pretty standard from everyone else who wrote about it.

The hiring manager didn't seem friendly and was really business-like, almost stoic. He told me the open positions they had and told me this was just a seasonal position. After the interview he said they would be making their final decisions in the next few days.

I decided not to accept the position when I got the offer because the hours sucks! They have on-calls 2-3X a week (as expected from retails and during holidays too) and only offered 4 hours a day at $10/hr for seasonal. I would recommend this job to anyone who doesn't mind those but other than that, don't fall for the gratis (if you even get it, heard seasonal don't receive gratis) or discounts.

Pretty disappointed in Sephora, but its a retail business so I shouldn't expect too much.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What defines a leader? How do you define customer service? Tell a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handle it. What is your dream job? Tell a time you received great customer service. Why do you want to work at Sephora? Are you traveling for holidays? Can you work on Thanksgiving?   Answer Question